Christmas Pre-Sale KVM Deals 3GB ECC RAM | 2 Cores | 40 GB SSD | $4.50 month

Comments

• Its ok to oversell, but you shouldn’t lie. They will definitely be oversold, and the disks aren’t even NVMe. 4x NVMe drives aren’t possible with the server configuration ( I have asked 1gservers themselves )...

Thanked by (2)dahartigan terrorgen
  • @dev said:
    Its ok to oversell, but you shouldn’t lie. They will definitely be oversold, and the disks aren’t even NVMe. 4x NVMe drives aren’t possible with the server configuration ( I have asked 1gservers themselves )...

Another red flag..

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

tough crowd ...

I think the claim involving NVMe relates to a different server for a service not offered here?

@AK_KWH said:
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 2499.996 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 4.9 GB (3.2 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 990 MB (57 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 1 min
    Load average : 0.31, 0.09, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 720 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 747 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 770 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 745.7 MB/s

Seems to be SSD - question is how will it perform with another dozen or more instances on the node ...

@AK_KWH are you prepared to deal with technical issues that are sure to come up?

Also there may be something to be said for a mindful and diplomatic approach when answering critics (and would-be customers) - you will seldom convince anyone that they are wrong, only that maybe you are okay / worth taking a chance on.

As a general rule, I think there are good reasons to look for a certain level of comportment (possibly reflecting experience and whatever technical wherewithal)

tl;dr: tough crowd blah blah blah

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• flipsflips OG
    edited December 2019

@uptime said: ... comportment ...

I just learned a new word. =)

Nice summary ;)

Thanked by (2)dahartigan uptime
  • At this point, it is my opinion that you would have to be certifiably insane - absolutely bonkers - to purchase anything from this person.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @AK_KWH said:
    All our services have DDoS protection and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, with 24x7 Support via Support tickets & 9am-9PM Via Live
    Servers location and specifications:

I'm sorry, what were you lying?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• @dahartigan said:
    At this point, it is my opinion that you would have to be certifiably insane - absolutely bonkers - to purchase anything from this person.

Perhaps discount for annual payment might sweeten the deal for you sir? :smiley:

Thanked by (3)dahartigan Amitz WSS

• @uptime said:

@dahartigan said:
    At this point, it is my opinion that you would have to be certifiably insane - absolutely bonkers - to purchase anything from this person.

Perhaps discount for annual payment might sweeten the deal for you sir? :smiley:

You're a funny potato sir @uptime :-)

Thanked by (3)uptime poisson Amitz

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2019

It's unfortunate to see OP in this light given the rather powerful specs of the server. Every provider has to oversell somehow for Low-end but only select few manage it well.

in any case to be profitable with 64GB, its definitely gonna be a tight ship

Thanked by (2)dahartigan uptime

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @uptime I don't think we are a tough crowd. We are concerned and would gladly revise any mistaken opinions if shown good reason and sound evidence, of which neither was proffered. If anything, the replies read like deadpool harbingers.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @uptime said:
    tough crowd ...

I think the claim involving NVMe relates to a different server for a service not offered here?

@AK_KWH said:
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 2499.996 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 4.9 GB (3.2 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 990 MB (57 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 1 min
    Load average : 0.31, 0.09, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 720 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 747 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 770 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 745.7 MB/s

Seems to be SSD - question is how will it perform with another dozen or more instances on the node ...

@AK_KWH are you prepared to deal with technical issues that are sure to come up?

Also there may be something to be said for a mindful and diplomatic approach when answering critics (and would-be customers) - you will seldom convince anyone that they are wrong, only that maybe you are okay / worth taking a chance on.

As a general rule, I think there are good reasons to look for a certain level of comportment (possibly reflecting experience and whatever technical wherewithal)

I don’t mind the oversell, as long as it is not as noticeable ( though he claims that he don’t ). What I don’t like is the fact that he lies that he uses NVMe drives for this server instead of SATA and that there is DDoS protection available. At this point, I don’t know what to trust with his service.

Thanked by (2)poisson uptime
  • Has LES started a deadpool death pool yet?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I think this serves as a message, this place is not a nanny state, buyer beware and sellers will be given enough rope to hang themselves with.

We all learn somewhere, some people do it in public and don't understand why that is a mistake, this was a classic case.

learn and move on, as far as I can see this host has been doing hosting for a while, no major complaints found, you dont know what you dont know until you do.

I just ask people dont kick someone when they are down for the sake of kicking them, lets see how things progress.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith I think the discussion has been fact-based and civil for the most part. Nobody has made allegations without evidence, and I say this is what makes LES a great place, which also makes LES a difficult place to survive if sellers are not prepared to come in with high standards. I haven't seen other providers on LES unable to give honest and/or reasonable answers, but this particular host seems to have trouble answering the contradictions in the information that he is bringing to the table. We are not kicking him when he's down.

Thanked by (4)uptime Amitz dahartigan Asim

• deankdeank OG
    edited December 2019

This is a sign that LES is growing.

The bigger it gets, the more frequent we are going to get so-called hosting "companies" like this.

And the more of these arrive here, trolls rejoice.
    @Antfish, you should absolutely not support hosts like these. Or you risk LES to turn into another LEB.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Asim

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    This is a sign that LES is growing.

The bigger it gets, the more frequent we are going to get so-called hosting "companies" like this.

And the more of these arrive here, trolls rejoice.
    @Antfish, you should absolutely not support hosts like these. Or you risk LES to turn into another LEB.

How do you manage that though? Is the answer to only allow provider tags to companies vouched for by a (respected?) member?

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • IMO if the host has been caught outright lying in their offers (offering ddos protection while being on a non-protected network) the provider tag can (and maybe should) be taken away.

Being just a shitty host should not be grounds for taking away the tag. Being a shitty host with multiple complaints made by respected forum members should be grounds though.

@AnthonySmith your thoughts on the above?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• Manage to do what?

Just let trolls have their fun, end of. They will put him on a grill. It's a battle potentially scammy hosts cannot win because there is no argument to be made when it comes to common sense and logic.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@deank said: [...]

• The sacred brown object of Amitz is a side effect of the Popo effect.

Remember dat.

Thanked by (2)uptime vimalware

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited December 2019

Never shall the hand of an unblessed human touch the sacred brown artefact!

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@teamacc said:
    IMO if the host has been caught outright lying in their offers (offering ddos protection while being on a non-protected network) the provider tag can (and maybe should) be taken away.

Being just a shitty host should not be grounds for taking away the tag. Being a shitty host with multiple complaints made by respected forum members should be grounds though.

My thoughts are that the community has served pretty swift justice and this is not a nanny state, for those that remember the original LEB/T that is the way it was done.

A warning has been issued privately and publicly, at this stage I don’t believe anything else is required.

Thanked by (4)poisson Abdullah flips Asim

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@teamacc said:
    IMO if the host has been caught outright lying in their offers (offering ddos protection while being on a non-protected network) the provider tag can (and maybe should) be taken away.

My thoughts are that the community has served pretty swift justice and this is not a nanny state, for those that remember the original LEB/T that is the way it was done.

A warning has been issued privately and publicly, at this stage I don’t believe anything else is required.

Thanks for bringing back that community low end spirit!

Thanked by (2)flips Asim

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

Dear LES Community
    My hosting company has been around for more than 3 years & you will read nothing but good reviews about us as we are fully committed to provide the best service possible. I can understand your concerns regarding hosts deadpooling & running away with your money so I ensure you we are not running any scam here & the offer we made here was meant to be a special for christmas and end of the year time only. We have good financial backing & can afford to offer such specials in limited quantity even if they are at a little bit of loss as we see such special offers as a way of advertisement.
    I can see I made quite a few mistakes due to my inexperience here as this was my first time making a VPS offer here but things are really not how they look like here in this discussion. I did everything in haste as I wanted my offer to be posted as quickly as possible & this made things look even worse.
    I am the CEO of my company & deal with sales only mostly to local businesses here. I have my team of system admins who take care of technical side of things smoothly & efficiently as evident from our reviews.
    I apologize & regret any inconvenience all of this might have caused you. I am looking forward to improve & provide better service to this community.
    Your suggestions & positive criticism are always welcome!

Asad Khan
    CEO Khan Web Host

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• edited December 2019

Time will tell. redacted.
    (Doesn't explain noob questions.)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AK_KWH said:
    Dear LES Community
    My hosting company has been around for more than 3 years & you will read nothing but good reviews about us as we are fully committed to provide the best service possible. I can understand your concerns regarding hosts deadpooling & running away with your money so I ensure you we are not running any scam here & the offer we made here was meant to be a special for christmas and end of the year time only. We have good financial backing & can afford to offer such specials in limited quantity even if they are at a little bit of loss as we see such special offers as a way of advertisement.
    I can see I made quite a few mistakes due to my inexperience here as this was my first time making a VPS offer here but things are really not how they look like here in this discussion. I did everything in haste as I wanted my offer to be posted as quickly as possible & this made things look even worse.
    I am the CEO of my company & deal with sales only mostly to local businesses here. I have my team of system admins who take care of technical side of things smoothly & efficiently as evident from our reviews.
    I apologize & regret any inconvenience all of this might have caused you. I am looking forward to improve & provide better service to this community.
    Your suggestions & positive criticism are always welcome!

Asad Khan
    CEO Khan Web Host

That's the spirit! Feedbacks are crucial. Always gather as much as possible:)

Thanked by (2)Abdullah AK_KWH
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@AK_KWH - that's a surprising and welcome dose of lowend comportment!

I would expect continued skepticism here - which I share to some degree - but certainly can't fault you for the respectful response (if not an entirely satisfying explanation, perhaps still at least a step in the right direction)

Still probably should explicitly address the DDoS protection or lack theteof, if it's still part of your offer?

Also if I might suggest possibly checking in with @cybertech, who might enjoy running a benchmark (usually geekbench) on a temporary sample system, if one might be made available

likewise even though @dahartigan and @poisson have been very (and IMO justifiably) critical so far, I would trust them to be fair and possibly quite helpful in providing feedback, if either of them can be persuaded to do a test of your services.

the provisioning system, network performance and support would probably be the most important things for testers to evaluate at this point - maybe best to allow a sufficient time period for testing (a month seems reasonable)

(just a thought for your consideration - I could be wrong ... but you just might find a few more people here interested and willing to test, in case that feedback and validation might be helpful to you.)

• @uptime said:
    Still probably should explicitly address the DDoS protection or lack thereof, if it's still part of your offer?

Looks like they offer shared hosting using Contabo's infrastructure & hence they advertise DDoS protection. The mention of DDoS protection line seems to me, I could be wrong on this, a simple copy/paste from one of their shared hosting offers they made somewhere else, done all in haste, without realizing the impacts.

I have seen people who started out worst then him but today they are respected by the hosting community e.g Bharat B

So when this Khan guy has admitted his mistakes he also deserves a chance

Just my 2 cents!

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• You better watch out
    You better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    Santa host is comin' to town

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Action and Reaction in history

• edited December 2019

@elliotc said:
    You better watch out..

Sang it to the missus - emphasis at Santa Host: "Oh, no way" ((shakes head))

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)