4vCore, 8GB RAM, 50GB SSD+HDD only £4.99/m + More

HostDocHostDoc OG
edited November 2019 in Offers

My first offer thread and one that was initially offered on HB.
As there is still stock, figured I'd readvertise here also. Stock is limited.

Kansas City

4vCores @ 2.4 GHz
Unmetered @ 1Gbps
8GB RAM
1 IPv4 + /64v6
50GB SSD
50GB HDD

£4.99/m
Test IP

Los Angeles

REMOVED
Test IP

Phoenix

4vCores @ 2.8 GHz
    3TB @ 1 gbps
    6GB  RAM
    1 IPv4
    30GB SSD
    30GB HDD

£5.49/m
Test IP

Dallas

3vCores @ 3.4Ghz
2TB @ 10Gbps
4GB RAM
1 IPv4 + /64v6
20GB NVMe SSD
50GB HDD

£4.79/m
Test IP

Purchase links and more plans can be found via our promotional site.
https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing

Tagged:

Comments

• +1 for this host

Thanked by (1)HostDoc
  • @HostDoc Cool! The main disk is the SSD, while the HDD is separately mounted, right?

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    @HostDoc Cool! The main disk is the SSD, while the HDD is separately mounted, right?

I believe so sir.

Thanked by (1)HostDoc

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited November 2019

Does anyone know the host node CPU? Trying to run my calculations. :)

Edit: Found my answer in Hostballs; it's a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4870 @ 2.40GHz

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    @HostDoc Cool! The main disk is the SSD, while the HDD is separately mounted, right?

Yes, that is correct.
    We have manuals written by other clients available to assist with setting up a dual storage if you are unfamiliar with it.

@poisson said:
    Does anyone know the host node CPU? Trying to run my calculations. :)

Let me know which location and I can let you know. Although, the host nodes are displayed on the top of each location.

• @HostDoc Ah now I know where to look next time I am calculating my value scores. Also, unmetered is truly unmetered? Do you have some kind of soft cap?

• @poisson said:
    @HostDoc Ah now I know where to look next time I am calculating my value scores. Also, unmetered is truly unmetered? Do you have some kind of soft cap?

There are currently no soft or hard caps in place and it is truely unmetered @ 1gbps

• Just posted an analysis of the paper specifications of your offer: https://lowendboxes.review/hostdoc-kc3-dallas-flash-sale/

There's a good chance this might be the best value of 2019. :)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Amazing offer.

Thanked by (1)HostDoc

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

I've been enjoying a 6 GB ram 3 vcore deal on the Dallas NVMe node (Xeon Gold 6128 cpu) since February. I found a geekbench report that @cybertech ran back then: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12078801

... and I just ran another one a few minutes ago to compare notes now 9 months later: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14927143

(single core 3978, multi-core 9571)

so can safely say at this point that the superior potassium has withstood the test of time

More recently, I picked up a couple good deals on the i9-9900K NVMe node in Los Angeles

Here's a geekbench I did about a month ago on a 4 GB ram 2 vcore KVM there: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14822850

(single core 5376, multi-core 9595)

Might also note that the vmx flag for nested virtualization is available - I think on most of their nodes at least (maybe put in a ticket to request it if you want to be sure.)

I am guessing that the Los Angeles offer removed from the original post was over $7 per month? Might suggest checking with @HostDoc in case there may still actually be something interesting available on that i9-9900K NVMe node. In any case, maybe - hopefully - they will come back with another deal in that location with a price more suitable for publication here "real soon now" - Emma Watson willing.

They also have a "flash sale" page https://hostdochost.i.ng - I usually check this when I'm comparison shopping.

One thing about the special offers is that they say they don't do refunds for the deep-discount deals - so may be advisable to try a monthly offer first to make sure it's right for you. (I'm not sure but I think it may be possible to switch over to annual payment later - better ask to confirm). From reading comments in some discussion threads a while ago I get the sense that they are pretty reasonable to deal with.

I do get a pretty good vibe from their service in general these days - and it seems to keep getting better. (Literally in terms of resources - ram and hard drive upgrades for their birthday celebration were a nice surprise bonus - stuff like an extra 512 MB ram on a 256 MB annual deal in Germany was definitely a welcome prescription). I did have a few issues starting out - the virtualizor panel may take some getting used to. Support has been good at helping me figure out the stickier bits, with some patience.

I have it on good authority from a fellow traveler here that they really do not tolerate torrents. And their "fair use" policy on the shared cpu deals allows sustained high use for up to an hour a day - would expect some intervention after that. Fair enough ... they do have a "dedicated vcore" offer at their Arizona location (and maybe elsewhere?)

tl;dr:

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• edited November 2019

This Doc has the right idea about limiting the real juicy deals to the new good forums.edit:oh well.

• This is why he is on my whitelist. The paper specs will match real-world performance because they monitor their servers and distribute the load well. I also approve.

• ITLabsITLabs OG
    edited November 2019

Welcome and thanks for the great offer, Doc!

Thanked by (3)dahartigan uptime HostDoc

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.