Things I have noticed while checking out MrVM NAT VPS

Just now, I decided to give myself a chrismas gift and try this new thing call NAT VPS (actually I have a thing for low memory vps).
During the whole checkout proccess, I have noticed few things that I wanted to share:

1. There is no 64 MB vps :angry: 128 MB is too much of a luxury for me.
  2. while trying to order singapore one, I have noticed "Operating System" has two entry with same name.
  3. On Paypal payment page, I had pay 4+ USD because of Swedish Krona currency conversion rate (or whatever)
  4. As I have came to paypal from MrVM, seeing "MikHoSoft" on paypal page seemed shady to me. It would be better if that brand name would be introduced to me before.
  5. last but not least, while registering account, I was asked where from did I hear MrVM about, and guess What???? LES is not there. @mikho is totally reaping benefit from LES but not crediting it. \s
    Sadly, I had to select our "thou name shan't be taken" forum because I know that dude from there..... Sad Lyfe.

Comments

• 128 MB is pretty small for current standard operating system..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    128 MB is pretty small for current standard operating system..

We have a guy here whose signature contains, "4MB is enough to run Linux"

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited December 2019

1) Sorry that the world has moved on without you.
    2) This is a pretty normal issue with SolusVM and template naming. I'm sure he appreciates the notification.
    3) PayPal sucks; this is not up to @mikho.
    4) MrVM came from MikHoSoft. You're being petty.
    Edit: 5) See #4. Mikho is on the old forum at http://forum.lowendspirit.com

Thanked by (2)poisson vimalware

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Ref. PayPal, you can set in prefs for each card if you want to use PayPal's conversion or not. (Usually better to not use their conversion rates.) IIRC

Thanked by (1)WSS
  • @flips said:
    Ref. PayPal, you can set in prefs for each card if you want to use PayPal's conversion or not. (Usually better to not use their conversion rates.) IIRC

Today I Learn

• @WSS said:
    2) This is a pretty normal issue with SolusVM and template naming. I'm sure he appreciates the notification.

Maybe I should have added more sarcastic tone to OP.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@flips said:
    Ref. PayPal, you can set in prefs for each card if you want to use PayPal's conversion or not. (Usually better to not use their conversion rates.) IIRC

I have a 20+ year business account, and all they'll let me do is USD. Everything else gets converted.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@PHP_Backend said:

@WSS said:

Maybe I should have added more sarcastic tone to OP.

Yes. You should have. With your avatar, I just assumed you were a normal bitchy Asian client. My internet sarcasm detector is broken these days.

Thanked by (3)Dream vimalware skorous

• @WSS said:

I was pointing it out from "New user perspective". Not all customers would come from forums knowing mikho before.
    BuyVM does this branding thing too, but "FranTech" is well highlighted there, so I don't feel like paying third party there.

Note: these are the things I noticed, not annoyed about.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

• @PHP_Backend said: On Paypal payment page, I had pay 4+ USD because of Swedish Krona currency conversion rate (or whatever)

Hmm... It's always taken exact USD amounts for me

• When I add Norwegian card(s) to my (personal) PayPal, it usually suggests/forces PayPal's conversion to NOK ... Or at least it did, I haven't added any cards for years. (Then I had to enter wallet settings per card or something like that to change default conversion option. Probably quite hidden away in old-style settings by now.)

• @PHP_Backend said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Its not practical.. not even barely usable..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@chocolateshirt said:

@PHP_Backend said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Its not practical.. not even barely usable..

It'd be fine for embedded a decade ago as long as everything was stripped.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@PHP_Backend said:
    Just now, I decided to give myself a chrismas gift and try this new thing call NAT VPS (actually I have a thing for low memory vps).
    During the whole checkout proccess, I have noticed few things that I wanted to share:

1. There is no 64 MB vps :angry: 128 MB is too much of a luxury for me.

Order a 256mb package and I'll happily change the ram to 64mb for you. I'll even do it for free.....

@PHP_Backend said:
    2. while trying to order singapore one, I have noticed "Operating System" has two entry with same name.

Thank you for pointing it out, it is a bit of a hassle to keep to lists with similar names (OVZ6 and OV7 templates.)

@PHP_Backend said:
    3. On Paypal payment page, I had pay 4+ USD because of Swedish Krona currency conversion rate (or whatever)

USD is the primary currency in WHMCS, if you chose to use another currency with PayPal, blame their conversion rate. I do, every time I transfer money from my PayPal account.

@PHP_Backend said:
    4. As I have came to paypal from MrVM, seeing "MikHoSoft" on paypal page seemed shady to me. It would be better if that brand name would be introduced to me before.

both mrvm and mikhosoft are brand names, the original company name is printed on the invoices.
    As a sole trader, my name is my company. I may however, use and brand name I want (unless patent and stuff).

@PHP_Backend said:
    5. last but not least, while registering account, I was asked where from did I hear MrVM about, and guess What???? LES is not there. @mikho is totally reaping benefit from LES but not crediting it. \s
    Sadly, I had to select our "thou name shan't be taken" forum because I know that dude from there..... Sad Lyfe.

LES has been added to the list.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said: Order a 256mb package and I'll happily change the ram to 64mb for you.

Can I add the extra 192 MB to one of my VPSes?

lol

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • @mikho said:
    Order a 256mb package and I'll happily change the ram to 64mb for you. I'll even do it for free.....

Mama said, "Don't take free things from strangers."

Was wondering this whole time why ain't I receiving any email, and guess what? I registered with wrong email address. :p