LowEndBoxes Review (LEBRE) side project

13»

Comments

• edited December 2019

Bro add nexusbytes @seriesn & @Delong on that reliable providers list. @poisson .

Ok it was already there ?. Sorry for not noticing it properly

Thanked by (2)seriesn dahartigan
  • I reckon you should add Ransom IT to the whitelist. The VMs aren't super cheap but the dedicated servers are great value. Oliver has been around a while and his service is good.

• @whoami said:
    I reckon you should add Ransom IT to the whitelist. The VMs aren't super cheap but the dedicated servers are great value. Oliver has been around a while and his service is good.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention. Anyone else has tried Ransom IT? That name is pretty neat!

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@whoami said:
    I reckon you should add Ransom IT to the whitelist. The VMs aren't super cheap but the dedicated servers are great value. Oliver has been around a while and his service is good.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention. Anyone else has tried Ransom IT? That name is pretty neat!

@dahartigan and @daniel and @trewq may be able to add some color to that picture

would warrant at least one of these guys might know a guy who knows a guy there, or something like that.

as for me - I've just heard the name enough to assume they are definitely not a summerhost

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited December 2019

I haven't used RansomIT directly myself, but I think @mikho's Australian NAT VPSes are hosted there. Those things are faster than some of the VPSes I've tried that cost much more.

For Australian VPSes, I'm using https://quantumcore.com.au/. Their parent company (GoHosting) has been open since 2003 so I don't think they're going to deadpool any time soon. Their prices are in AUD and the cheapest plan is AU$5 (around US$3.45) per month.

Thanked by (2)poisson uptime
  • RansomIT is lit, besides he had some cheap services that he all discontinued, such as 12$/y KVM.

Thanked by (2)poisson uptime
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! They are going up on the whitelist

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @Daniel said:
    I haven't used RansomIT directly myself, but I think @mikho's Australian NAT VPSes are hosted there. Those things are faster than some of the VPSes I've tried that cost much more.

For Australian VPSes, I'm using https://quantumcore.com.au/. Their parent company (GoHosting) has been open since 2003 so I don't think they're going to deadpool any time soon. Their prices are in AUD and the cheapest plan is AU$5 (around US$3.45) per month.

Yeah Quantum Core is really good. I did a comparison of a bunch of similarish boxes I have with various hosts on OzBargain and their CPU performance on the ZNC compile was close to my home ESXi with dual E5-2643 v3s.

Here's the post for those interested: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/496882#comment-7985267

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2019

Generally in the geekbench4 3000 single core range , I have a strong preference for Xeon Gold's as well. The I/O is most consistent across all providers tested that use em.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• 2019 is coming to and end, and so far I have been able to give fairly regular attention to this side project with help from the great LES community. At the closing of 2019, there are currently:

65 whitelisted providers
    15 LEBRE value evaluations

Because LEBRE evaluations takes time and I don't have time to evaluate the waves of great offers from whitelisted providers, I will only pick those that are more exceptional for review. However, I have set up a Twitter account (and a Telegram public channel that forwards the tweets) to post offers from whitelisted providers I am unable to review. I hope this will result in more visibility for whitelisted providers and reduce the visibility of the bad apples.

Finally, coming in 2020 will be LEBRE Xtended reviews, where I will provide longitudinal evaluations (around a month's worth of daily benches) on boxes that either I own or have been kindly donated by LES community member for evaluation. These reviews will probably be published at a lower rate than LEBRE offers because it is an extensive review of lots of data (and takes even more time than the usual LEBRE reviews), but I trust that they will be sufficiently helpful in terms of indicating real-world performance.

I will try my best to keep this project afloat for the entire 2020, and let's look forward to the next big bumper crop of deals during Easter 2020 (hopefully we can have @FAT32 come up with easter egg hunts on LES for Easter 2020).

Thanked by (3)ouvoun FAT32 uptime

• @poisson said:
    2019 is coming to and end, and so far I have been able to give fairly regular attention to this side project with help from the great LES community. At the closing of 2019, there are currently:

65 whitelisted providers
    15 LEBRE value evaluations

Because LEBRE evaluations takes time and I don't have time to evaluate the waves of great offers from whitelisted providers, I will only pick those that are more exceptional for review. However, I have set up a Twitter account (and a Telegram public channel that forwards the tweets) to post offers from whitelisted providers I am unable to review. I hope this will result in more visibility for whitelisted providers and reduce the visibility of the bad apples.

Finally, coming in 2020 will be LEBRE Xtended reviews, where I will provide longitudinal evaluations (around a month's worth of daily benches) on boxes that either I own or have been kindly donated by LES community member for evaluation. These reviews will probably be published at a lower rate than LEBRE offers because it is an extensive review of lots of data (and takes even more time than the usual LEBRE reviews), but I trust that they will be sufficiently helpful in terms of indicating real-world performance.

I will try my best to keep this project afloat for the entire 2020, and let's look forward to the next big bumper crop of deals during Easter 2020 (hopefully we can have @FAT32 come up with easter egg hunts on LES for Easter 2020).

Not trying to sound like a shill, but thanks to your list, I added two new VPS providers for my own personal usage :) Keep up the great work my good man. I hope to see that list grow and prevent others from getting spammed!

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited December 2019

@seriesn said:
    Not trying to sound like a shill, but thanks to your list, I added two new VPS providers for my own personal usage :) Keep up the great work my good man. I hope to see that list grow and prevent others from getting spammed!

Scammed you mean? ☺️

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:

@seriesn said:

Scammed you mean? ☺️

Yes. Fat fingers and auto correct. One or the other. Or both.