Anyone has Wishosting services?

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
edited December 2019 in General

Just got the boxing day deal. VPS performs great.

Nice looking panel, but its quite different usage from the usual SolusVM / Virtualizor. Did not expect to have to "create my own vps" since is packaged already.

Could not find Centos 7/8 iso installer though.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Thanked by (1)flips

Comments

• It's OpenNebula; if your plan has the resources to support it, you can create multiple VMs. ISO upload is in there.

Thanked by (2)uptime cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@seanho said:
    It's OpenNebula; if your plan has the resources to support it, you can create multiple VMs. ISO upload is in there.

where could you point me please?

• You can attach intstaller disk by clicking Attach disk green button. Then Power Off you VPS and boot it up, your VM will boot CD-rom. After installing complete, you need Power Off VM, detach installer disk then boot your VM up. Done!

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@sonic said:
    You can attach intstaller disk by clicking Attach disk green button. Then Power Off you VPS and boot it up, your VM will boot CD-rom. After installing complete, you need Power Off VM, detach installer disk then boot your VM up. Done!

i had been looking around there, unfortunately could not find Centos 7 CD-Rom.

could only find Centos 7 OS which i could not attach. hmm.

• @cybertech said:

@sonic said:
    You can attach intstaller disk by clicking Attach disk green button. Then Power Off you VPS and boot it up, your VM will boot CD-rom. After installing complete, you need Power Off VM, detach installer disk then boot your VM up. Done!

Yes, only CentOS 6 and7 here.If you want CentOS 8, send ticket to Micheal.

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@sonic said:

@cybertech said:

@sonic said:

Yes, only CentOS 6 and7 here.If you want CentOS 8, send ticket to Micheal.

yeah sent a ticket, wanted to be sure i didnt miss it by myself

• If the VPS supports iPXE, you might be able to use https://netboot.xyz/ to start the CentOS installer.

Thanked by (3)cybertech isunbejo sonic
  • If you open a ticket he can mount a custom ISO. His ticket etiquette is world class, no joke.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @Daniel said:
    If the VPS supports iPXE, you might be able to use https://netboot.xyz/ to start the CentOS installer.

It does. When i create VPSes on wishosting, i just create it with an empty storage (you need to delete the block storage attached to it, and add an "empty" type one), and then from VNC you can access iPXE and boot netboot.xyz, given you use the network details that were given to you after you boot the interface.

Alternative option: create your vps with 1gb less than the size you have allocated, then create an additional 512mb or so block storage, flash your favourite install iso on it, and reboot after making the partition unusable.

Will try, this nebula interface is really new to me

• @foxone said: [...]

Thanked by (2)foxone dahartigan

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

edited December 2019

@foxone said:

@Daniel said:
    If the VPS supports iPXE, you might be able to use https://netboot.xyz/ to start the CentOS installer.

It does. When i create VPSes on wishosting, i just create it with an empty storage (you need to delete the block storage attached to it, and add an "empty" type one), and then from VNC you can access iPXE and boot netboot.xyz, given you use the network details that were given to you after you boot the interface.

Alternative option: create your vps with 1gb less than the size you have allocated, then create an additional 512mb or so block storage, flash your favourite install iso on it, and reboot after making the partition unusable.

Michael has been most helpful even during this holiday period.

he prepared a netboot.xyz image for me.

just to note that i had to power off the VM to be able to attach the netboot.xyz CD-ROM . its not able to attach when VM running.

did you make any settings on empty storage? without any settings mine has low IOPS. it works well on default template.

Thanked by (2)uptime skorous

• @cybertech said:

@foxone said:

@Daniel said:

just to note that i had to power off the VM to be able to attach the netboot.xyz CD-ROM . its not able to attach when VM running.

did you make any settings on empty storage? without any settings mine has low IOPS. it works well on default template.

I did not use empty storage, i just used "block storage".

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • @cybertech said: did you make any settings on empty storage? without any settings mine has low IOPS. it works well on default template.

Ensure the virtio driver is installed / compiled into your kernel.

edited December 2019

@foxone said:

@cybertech said:

@foxone said:

@Daniel said:

I did not use empty storage, i just used "block storage".

there's only one "DATABLOCK" which image name is "EMPTY", i guess its the same then. gonna try again and check virtio

Edit: so i used the same block storage as the original one centos 7 template was on, instead of removing it and attaching an empty storage. did not have to do much else, just mount netboot.xyz, reinstall and its all good now!

Thanked by (2)uptime dahartigan