[mrVM] - Bundle TopUP * or * 6 x 256MB VPS for $18 p/YEAR! * or * 3 x 256MB for $9 !! ONLY 20 availa

13»

Comments

• @flips said: I know it's a shared kernel, but in Debian 10 uname reports 4.19

Hmm... I'm not seeing that.

Milan:

daniel@it01:~$ uname -a
    Linux it01.d.sb 3.10.0-957.12.2.vz7.96.21 #1 SMP Thu Jun 27 15:10:55 MSK 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

France:

daniel@fr01:~$ uname -a
    Linux fr01.d.sb 3.10.0-957.12.2.vz7.96.21 #1 SMP Thu Jun 27 15:10:55 MSK 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Both are Debian 10.2.

In any case, the version number is just something compiled into the kernel. It can be overridden, but that's very confusing as it doesn't really have 4.x features. The joy of OpenVZ being separate patches on top of legacy kernels, rather than being built in to the kernel directly like LXC is - Providers can never upgrade to a newer kernel version unless OpenVZ port their custom patches across.

• @Brueggus said: Has anyone who bought a NAT VPS in Romania managed to get IPv6 working in their VPS?

I'm seeing the same thing. Filed a ticket earlier today.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Daniel said:

@Brueggus said: Has anyone who bought a NAT VPS in Romania managed to get IPv6 working in their VPS?

There was a typo in the ipv6
    gateway. I changed it and tested from a couple of different assigned subnets.

Got another ticket in this morning that its not working from all containers.

Will have another look at it

Thanked by (1)Brueggus

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• flipsflips OG
    edited January 2020

@Daniel said: @flips said: I know it's a shared kernel, but in Debian 10 uname reports 4.19
    Hmm... I'm not seeing that.

On a UK node with Inception Hosting (@AnthonySmith) and a Finland node with Gullo's Hosting (@cam), VPSes running Debian 10:
    uname -r shows version 4.19.0.
    Maybe some OpenVZ host setting or something is different. :grey_question: :)

• @flips said: Maybe some OpenVZ host setting or something is different. :grey_question:

Hmmmm, quite possibly a different setting. AFAIK there's no 4.19 kernel for OpenVZ so the version number is a lie, which is dangerous (as the kernel may not actually support all the features of 4.19.0).

Thanked by (1)flips
    Thanked by (1)flips

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

It’s just a config file on the host node, I could make it say kernel version 10.69.69-amitz if I wanted :)

Thanked by (2)flips bdl

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    It’s just a config file on the host node, I could make it say kernel version 10.69.69-amitz if I wanted :)

Do it!

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @mikho i bought nat vps and it said the ip is not recognize and cannot purchase. i also got 500 internal server error for the first time. and now it said fraud. i check the order and they have 2 order duplicate but it said cancelled cause fraud.

would you like to check it? i have open an ticket. but you might not seeing that

• @mikho said:
    If you are willing to strip it down to a minimal image, I can create a template file from it and save it for everyone to use.
    Offer still open to anyone willing to try.

Can you lend me a VM temporarily for this purpose? I am bored here.

• @mikho , if you have available 256MB EU please create invoice. Thank you.

• @Daniel said:

@Brueggus said: Has anyone who bought a NAT VPS in Romania managed to get IPv6 working in their VPS?

Did you find a solution yet?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Hi,
    I added 4 servers to cart and I didn't get the 45% discount.
    Is there a promocode?
    Thanks

• Is the Vegas server down again? Been offline for the whole day.

@yng68bld said:
    Is the Vegas server down again? Been offline for the whole day.

I just sent out an update about that node. It 's gone, I'm not spending one more minute on that. Nothing but issues since it was moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
    The good news is that it will be replaced with a Los Angeles node if you like that location.

@Iroshan464 said:
    Hi,
    I added 4 servers to cart and I didn't get the 45% discount.
    Is there a promocode?
    Thanks

The auto discount only requires you to be logged in when placing the order. If you are not logged in, the discount won't be applied.

@all, sorry for the absence, I got sick in November and if you ignore the symptoms, apparently it only gets worse, not better. Who knew :o
    I'm better now, still not "good" but I hope that without setbacks, I'll be back to full speed in a week or two.

• Good news to see. I would love LA. Actually I live in the LA area so ping will be much faster.

• @mikho Hope you feel better soon! Definitely rest up and spend time getting better :)

Thanked by (2)nullnothere Brueggus
  • @mikho said: I got sick in November ... I'm better now, still not "good" but I hope that without setbacks, I'll be back to full speed in a week or two.

Get well soon and I hope the forced downtime actually rejuvenates you and you bounce back to much better than before.

• htgyhtgy OG
    edited January 2020

Could you please check ticket > @mikho said:

@yng68bld said:
    Is the Vegas server down again? Been offline for the whole day.

I just sent out an update about that node. It 's gone, I'm not spending one more minute on that. Nothing but issues since it was moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
    The good news is that it will be replaced with a Los Angeles node if you like that location.

Good to know that LV will be replaced by LA.