How do we find a mod?

How do you find a list of mods in vanilla? Wanted to ask a question but can't find them. Don't want to bother Anthony as from what I read in the cest pit he is recovering from some illness.

Comments

• maybe try flagging your own post and asking your question in that messagebox?

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• This place does need a mod and I nominate @downtime for this role. He will be a fine job.

Thanked by (3)FAT32 Janevski poisson

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Shoot me a PM there are no mods atm, I am in a shit state but I am keeping an eye on things, perhaps not as often as I would like atm but I can’t help that.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @deank may actually be the most modest moderator for any situation, in moderation

@corey self-moderation is definitely appreciated

beyond that - if it's something that can wait , then ... maybe it can wait?

• @FAT33 has been doing a job on the other place. Why not him?

And give @SSW a tag please?

• @uptime said:
    @deank may actually be the most modest moderator for any situation, in moderation

Yeah, he never asked for anything.
    Usually people are hugry and needy, they ask for cookies or sausages, but one only has a few potatoes to give them then they are sad, thinking potatoe doesn't have enough kilo-electron-volts...

@AnthonySmith If you put @uptime, @deank and @FAT32 in moderation, the site would run 33% faster than with the latest brand of nginx server oil.
    And if you consider adding @WSS to the list, the optimizations would go up to 44%.

Thanked by (3)FAT32 poisson uptime
  • Never underestimate potatoes.

I mean look at Irish famine. They (or their teeth) were fine when they were eating potatoes. During the famine, they were given corns and they began to loose their teeth!

The power of potato is profound.

• I vote @Fat32 @deank @poisson @Amitz @uptime for the mod position.

These users have been super active in this forum and each brings their own special talent. But I am kinda looking forward towards seeing a post getting banned by the Grim Ripper with or comment.

• There may be trouble ahead..

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited January 2020

@seriesn said:
    I vote @Fat32 @deank @poisson @Amitz @uptime for the mod position.

These users have been super active in this forum and each brings their own special talent. But I am kinda looking forward towards seeing a post getting banned by the Grim Ripper with or comment.

Yeah, i agree, if you add @Amitz too, the performance optimizations are going to go up to 55%.

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @deank @Janevski @seriesn

Thanks for nominating me however I am usually more interested in organising events, reducing spams and shills instead. I don't really like to solve cases when there are heated arguments, especially when it involved respected members. I consider myself as not objective enough so pretty sure there are other members that are more suitable :)

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee uptime
  • AmitzAmitz OG
    edited January 2020

I am German. Therefore I am a potatoe. Therefore rich in potassium. I make everything perform 55% better, just by sitting next to it. That is how premium german engineering works.

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Did you know the potassium produced by @Amitz directly powers 95% of the servers for the LES forum?

Thanked by (3)Amitz Janevski dahartigan
  • Indeed. Just by being registered here.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AnthonySmith said:
    Shoot me a PM there are no mods atm, I am in a shit state but I am keeping an eye on things, perhaps not as often as I would like atm but I can’t help that.

Garlic does wonders.
    Along with grinding some ginger in tea (with a bit of honey).

Along with SUC (Serbian Universal Cure): RAKIJA! :)
    Even if it doesn't cure you, after drinking enough of it, you just don't care. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Amitz said:
    I am German. Therefore I am a potatoe. Therefore rich in potassium. I make everything perform 55% better, just by sitting next to it. That is how premium german engineering works.

I can confirm this.

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • Kartoffel FTW ;)

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • Can I haz a 'Kartoffel Klub' tag?

Thanked by (1)flips

• Herr Amitz deserves it. He deserves his own tag.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:

@deank said:
    Herr Amitz deserves it. He deserves his own tag.

The Popo police

@Amitz in and as...

Thanked by (2)Amitz uptime
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@Amitz said:
    Can I haz a 'Kartoffel Klub' tag?

Kartoffeln und Glace, bitch.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @FAT32 said:
    @deank @Janevski @seriesn

Thanks for nominating me however I am usually more interested in organising events, reducing spams and shills instead. I don't really like to solve cases when there are heated arguments, especially when it involved respected members. I consider myself as not objective enough so pretty sure there are other members that are more suitable :)

:+1:

I understand moderator burnout is a thing ... Personally I prefer to avoid taking too much responsibility, just rather do what makes sense as an interested observer and fellow traveler

also I am certifiably insane but maybe not quite crazy enough to really want to deal with too much internet meshugas if I can help it ... So the troll role is usually how I like to roll - might pretend to get serious from time to time just for karmic relief

one idea for a possibly workable moderation system has been mentioned before by @AnthonySmith: compartmentalize as much as possible the various aspects of forum management - so there would be a specific mod tag for handling details relating to providers, or offers, or spam, or (fill in specific moderator responsibility here)

might consider also instantiating these roles as separate account names, which could make it easier to let volunteers both step up and step away as necessary without too much confusion

Thanked by (1)FAT32

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

need to know who the mods to curry favour with!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@deank and @WSS will favor curry without worry

Thanked by (1)cybertech

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@uptime said:

@cybertech said:

@deank and @WSS will favor curry without worry

Buying curry in a hurry!

Thanked by (1)uptime

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Janevski also master of all potatoe wisdoms

has telepathetically influenced William Gibson to name next cyberpunk rockstar "Haskell Poutine"

• edited January 2020

OK - had enough. It's potato or potatoes! Jeez.
    Looks like the Cest Pit is spreading into other threads - not good. :|
    Can you guys not save the shit for the Cest or Amitz threads?

Thanked by (2)Janevski uptime

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I have covered this a few times, mods will be paid they will also have specific roles instead of being general, I may also keep them anonymous to avoid animosity, not 100% decided on the last part yet.

Basically you will know who covers what and who to contact for anything report worthy, if they don’t perform they will be replaced (the reason for the anonymous element) with someone else.

Example.(very rough examples)

@General-abuse-mod, responsibility = spam, forum fights, racist bs, general rule breaches.
    @Offers-mod, responsibility = offers that break rules, offer post trashing, cleaning up the les exclusive offers, approving new hosts.
    @super-mod, responsibility = making sure other mods are keeping up and picking up any slack as required, cleaning up the users in the backend with no posts after xx days or unconfirmed emails.

I hope to have this in place by end of March.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.