Thanks NexusBytes

havochavoc OGContent Writer

Shoutout to @nseries & crew

Just got a mail that my VPS got upgraded to Ryzen and NVme.

Super chuffed about that since it was already a wild deal before (snagged one of the double your RAM to 16gigs once-offs).

4cpu/16gb/40gb - 7usd

Tagged:

Comments

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited January 2020

This is called taking care of the family. As part of hardware renewal, family members will be migrated to new hardware when the time comes, so it pays to stay for a long, long time.

EDIT: BTW, it is @seriesn not @nseries

Thanked by (2)havoc seriesn

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• 16GB RAM WITH 4 CORES RYZEN FOR JUST $7! MUCH WOW MUCH VALUE HERE

Thanked by (1)MikePT
  • imokimok OG
    edited January 2020

WTF? So cheap.

• @FAT32 said:
    16GB RAM WITH 4 CORES RYZEN FOR JUST $7! MUCH WOW MUCH VALUE HERE

He got upgraded to a Ryzen because @seriesn is phasing out his Xeons (except for storage nodes). If you are one of the rare ones holding onto a Nexus Bytes Xeon SSD, eventually you will find yourself having a shiny Ryzen NVMe at no change in price.

If there's anything about Nexus Bytes that is superior potassium, it is not really the Ryzens or NVMes but the single-minded insistence to treat loyal customers well. You can pry my Nexus Bytes VPS from my dead, cold hands because I know that if I stay on, I will get shiny new hardware when the time comes.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 dahartigan

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Wow ?

• @poisson said:
    He got upgraded to a Ryzen because seriesn is phasing out his Xeons (except for storage nodes). If you are one of the rare ones holding onto a Nexus Bytes Xeon SSD, eventually you will find yourself having a shiny Ryzen NVMe at no change in price.

If there's anything about Nexus Bytes that is superior potassium, it is not really the Ryzens or NVMes but the single-minded insistence to treat loyal customers well. You can pry my Nexus Bytes VPS from my dead, cold hands because I know that if I stay on, I will get shiny new hardware when the time comes.

I understand that and I can see that NexusBytes is one of the best new providers in my opinion :) I talked with him a few times and his perspectives are quite special. The way he treats his customers are just fantastic.

Don't take my words too seriously sometimes, I am just bringing the hype and emphasising that deal haha. It is also to attract people to Pay With Confidence™ with NexusBytes next time :)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • Keep it forever!

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @imok said:
    WTF? So cheap.

Grab a LA special now. When he upgrades his node in future, you will be enjoying the shiny new hardware and going cheep cheep

• @dev said:
    Wow ?

Are you joining the family?

• @FAT32 said:
    The way he treats his customers are just fantastic.

Exactly. He is not the cheapest but not unreasonably priced either, and in the long run, you probably get the best value all things considered.

• @havoc said:

Super chuffed about that since it was already a wild deal before (snagged one of the double your RAM to 16gigs once-offs).

4cpu/16gb/40gb - 7usd

Dear Sir,
    Thank you being a part of the family :). That is quiet the steal and I feel like I got mugged by the Potassium Burglar!

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2020

@FAT32 said:

@poisson said:
    He got upgraded to a Ryzen because seriesn is phasing out his Xeons (except for storage nodes). If you are one of the rare ones holding onto a Nexus Bytes Xeon SSD, eventually you will find yourself having a shiny Ryzen NVMe at no change in price.

I understand that and I can see that NexusBytes is one of the best new providers in my opinion :) I talked with him a few times and his perspectives are quite special. The way he treats his customers are just fantastic.

Don't take my words too seriously sometimes, I am just bringing the hype and emphasising that deal haha. It is also to attract people to Pay With Confidence™ with NexusBytes next time :)

Sir,
    Without my customers, my family member, I am just another website.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 dosai
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@seriesn said:
    With my customers, my family member, I am just another website.

wat

Also, you misbranded. Should be ServeDez. We really need a .nuts tld.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:

@seriesn said:
    With my customers, my family member, I am just another website.

wat

Dang! You gotta add that flavor :lol:

• @WSS said:

lost.my.nuts

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

NexusBytes. Truly a force to be reckoned with. Keep it up @seriesn! :D

@poisson said:

@WSS said:

lost.my.nuts

youregonnalovemy.nuts

Thanked by (3)seriesn poisson dahartigan

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Too bad I am not gonna take deals untill next blackfriday, unless I have a new project.
    Glad I have no idle servers currently, kind of.(nat not counted)

Action and Reaction in history

• You’re gonna singlehandedly make our man deadpool lol. Great deal you’ve got on your hands!

And that’s a wonderful way to treat your customers, @seriesn. Well done.

Thanked by (1)seriesn

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• Another +1 for Nexus Bytes from me too. @seriesn is a really friendly dude and is kinda like the AppleCare of the low end market for customer service. (That's supposed to be a strong compliment)

I have a Xeon in NY, does this mean it'll be replaced with a Ryzen? :-D If so, that was an unexpected free upgrade to first class!

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said:
    Another +1 for Nexus Bytes from me too. @seriesn is a really friendly dude and is kinda like the AppleCare of the low end market for customer service. (That's supposed to be a strong compliment)

I have a Xeon in NY, does this mean it'll be replaced with a Ryzen? :-D If so, that was an unexpected free upgrade to first class!

He mentioned somewhere in another post that is indeed the case.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

yeah this boss is someone who truly cares and its really hard to come by.

in other news, signing up for a xeon now!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

LOL, I was just thinking about this scenario. People know the Xeon will be replaced with Ryzen. Buy Xeon, score Ryzen.

@vyas said:

@dahartigan said:
    Another +1 for Nexus Bytes from me too. @seriesn is a really friendly dude and is kinda like the AppleCare of the low end market for customer service. (That's supposed to be a strong compliment)

He mentioned somewhere in another post that is indeed the case.

Ahhhh, things are starting to become clear now. The liquor potassium brings clarity Randers bud. :)

@FAT32 said:

Holy mother of potassium. I'd renew that thing forever and never let it go. That's an "heirloom" right there :)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited January 2020

@dahartigan said:

From the trajectory that @seriesn is heading in, it is more of a matter of when that happens, not a question of if that will happen. :)

EDIT: Just to add on, the AppleCare comparison is very appropriate. Often you get DeadpoolCare at the low end.

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

LOL, I was just thinking about this scenario. People know the Xeon will be replaced with Ryzen. Buy Xeon, score Ryzen.

yeap i'm both a bargain hunter and punter :tongue:

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@havoc said:

4cpu/16gb/40gb - 7usd

Hwaaa!!
    @seriesn see this would be perfect!!!

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited January 2020

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

I don't see him selling Xeons anymore. If you scored one previously, congratulations.

@FAT32 said:

Crazy!!!

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

I don't see him selling Xeons anymore. If you scored one previously, congratulations.

just kidding didnt get any. only on a 3700x as of now.

I am joining the family.

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

From the trajectory that @seriesn is heading in, it is more of a matter of when that happens, not a question of if that will happen. :)

EDIT: Just to add on, the AppleCare comparison is very appropriate. Often you get DeadpoolCare at the low end.

I used to work for AppleCare and the level of customer service skills that they demand is insanely high, they really strive to be the best in that regard, so for me to compare anyone to AppleCare in terms of customer service is quite a compliment. I could see @seriesn thriving in that environment, and I can see that he's bringing it to hosting.