Cogent SPAM - ARIN WHOIS - Suspended

MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

As covered by The Register https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/01/09/arin_boots_cogent/

This is pretty awesome! ?

Vote now!
  1. Waz this fair?17 votes
    1. Yea man!
      82.35%
    2. Noes!
      17.65%

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

Cogent's pretty brutal for sales.

I'm fairly sure if you can't deliver they start chopping heads after a few quarters.

When it's coming to end of quarter you can usually get some stupid deals from the under performing reps.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Francisco said:
    Cogent's pretty brutal for sales.

I'm fairly sure if you can't deliver they start chopping heads after a few quarters.

When it's coming to end of quarter you can usually get some stupid deals from the under performing reps.

Francisco

Seriously? Do you have any examples so we can laugh, or funny stories? Hehehe.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@MikePT said:

I've had like 4 different Cogent reps try to get me signed directly with them. Troy's been the only one thats been there longer than a year.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)MikePT
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

I've had like 4 different Cogent reps try to get me signed directly with them. Troy's been the only one thats been there longer than a year.

Francisco

Poor guy just can't find work elsewhere.

Thanked by (1)MikePT

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

Francisco

They won't just give up, will them?

@WSS said:

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

Francisco

Poor guy just can't find work elsewhere.

I wonder what's their commission tho.

• More than fair. In fact, Cogent should be revoked of their business license.

Thanked by (1)MikePT

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• Did Cogent have some kind of ARIN WHOIS access that regular users don't, that was yanked? If not, I expect they will keep finding ways to scrape the info.