Free for life ! KVM storage 1tb hdd for the customer number 100-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-999!

Comments

• @elliotc said:
    Periodic performance drop during begin and the end of a month because of the BW reset.

wait, what ?

How does that work - are people hammering the service right now to use up bandwidth allotment, or ...?

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @uptime said:

@elliotc said:
    Periodic performance drop during begin and the end of a month because of the BW reset.

wait, what ?

How does that work - are people hammering the service right now to use up bandwidth allotment, or ...?

According to my observation, it is usually happen at begin of a month. Not necessarily but happens from time to time. It will be normal for a day or two.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Action and Reaction in history

• @FAT32 said: They are listening!

Processor: Common KVM processor
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB 7.452 seconds

If you can get cpu pass through, I'm pretty sure you'll see the AES benchmark jump to close to 2s assuming that there's no (artificial) throttling going on.

Going by the frequency, my guess is that the CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450L 0 @ 1.80GHz

Everything else looks spot on (and those IOPS are great as well). As for the actual network throughput, of course that will depend on lots of (external) factors.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • just in the nick of time! I see a new thread all about the hostsolutions just popped up - I'll probably be posting some random observations there (or here, that's fine too I think).

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/429/tell-us-about-the-deal-you-managed-to-bag-from-cociu-aka-hostsolutions-ro

• @uptime said: By the way errybuggy it's time to collect inputs for the next hash to seed the PRNG :scream:

2670 - from the latest Joy of Tech comic

Thanked by (1)uptime

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • 752, provided by google random number generator

Thanked by (1)uptime

This space intentionally left blank

• Really ?

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@deepak_leb lol and I dunno but does it really matter?

Please feel free to roll some dice or consult the alternative random oracle of your choice

then that can be your own personally verified source of quasi-randomness to contribute here

gib rando digits plz we needz for hash seedz :smiley:

Thanked by (1)deepak_leb

• @uptime said:
    @deepak_leb lol and I dunno but does it really matter?

Please feel free to roll some dice or consult the alternative random oracle of your choice

then that can be your own personally verified source of quasi-randomness to contribute here

gib rando digits plz we needz for hash seedz :smiley:

Hash seedz grow into weed plantz man

Thanked by (1)uptime

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• 2^420420 + 1

Hope this is a prime number.

Thanked by (1)uptime

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• 8472 (Ref. Star Trek Voyager)

Thanked by (1)uptime

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Woohoo! Thank you so much! I will get in touch with @cociu

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @Kyle_ said:
    Woohoo! Thank you so much! I will get in touch with @cociu

Just to confirm / remind our collective memory, @Kyle_ was the winner for the "member #500" selection a month ago: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/8497/#Comment_8497

Expecting it may still be some days pr even weeks before the storage is provisioned but hey you'll have a lifetime to enjoy it so hopefully no big hurry ...

I'll ping @cociu to re-confirm "winners waiting" so far.

Also still need to hear back from @NotKnown - will send another PM and give it a couple days (until January 14th) - then will move along to the next in line if haven't heard back by then.

Going forward we'll be looking for a shorter response time - after some discussion I think 72 hours (3 days) seems to be a happy medium for people who might hot check their inbox every day but are still at least lurking here semi-regularly. (@AnthonySmith first suggested a 24-hour response window - I'm assuming that a 72-hour timeframe would be an acceptable compromise all around)

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@nullnothere said:

@FAT32 said: They are listening!

Processor: Common KVM processor
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB 7.452 seconds

If you can get cpu pass through, I'm pretty sure you'll see the AES benchmark jump to close to 2s assuming that there's no (artificial) throttling going on.

Going by the frequency, my guess is that the CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450L 0 @ 1.80GHz

Everything else looks spot on (and those IOPS are great as well). As for the actual network throughput, of course that will depend on lots of (external) factors.

Open a ticket to enable cpu pass-through if needed! ? ?

Thanked by (2)nullnothere uptime
  • @uptime said:
    Maybe let's just see what happens with the first scheme as already specified in previous post (that is, 24 hour response time after January 14th for the current (1, 700) selection.) Also hereby tagging @kiska (#285), @redalert66 (#295, unconfirmed account), and @freerangecloud (#189, lol hi there!) so they have a heads up here (not sending any PM's though until there is a reason to do so). I hope that's a "fair enough" balance to strike without too much back and forth.

Huh? I was tagged?
    Also I forgot this existed :D

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 2020

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @kiska said:
    Huh? I was tagged?
    Also I forgot this existed :D

Yes indeed OG @kiska you are next in line for the prize from the "member #700" selection - unless we hear back from the original selectee @NotKnown within the next 24 hours (as I've already sent them a couple PMs, and they haven't visited the forum since November)

• Hello Guys , long time not connected here for different problems what we had in the latest time. Any way thanks to all who was particiapted , i will delegate @uptime to sort this out so please follow his message to get your prise. Also i will compensate to the same @uptime a same gift fo his contribution , was start to sort this in our absence here so i am happy to compensate this for him also.

Enjoy this forum , i am glad to have a alternative to the LET and i hope we will be a different comunity here. Promissed start from next month we will be here with some good offers. To point this we will not make the same offers in others forums so will be something different.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

I can dig it :) thanks @cociu!

Here's where we are at now ...

@Razza - winner 100

@FAT32 - winner 200

@TomG - winner 300

@yng68bld - winner 400

@Kyle_ - winner 500

@nullnothere - winner 600

@NotKnown (if no response by January 14 then goes to @kiska) - winner 700

• tuorrow we wil start to deliver all prizes .. thanks all/

• Woohoo! Thank you so much @cociu

<3 from us all!

• Well, the VPS started to roll. Just got reply of VPS to be activated in 12 hrs.

• cociucociu OG
    edited January 2020

all is activated now. Thanks all. Personally thanks for the help from @uptime because was sort this out. NOW ... WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE NUMBERS 1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000-9000-10000 because is a pleasure to contribute to something new like this forum. @AnthonySmith can you put this in the original txt ? in the thread please.

• @uptime said: @cociu funny coincidence, my 100th "thanks" here was from you.

Thanks bro!

what about this comment ? finnaly you got your vm hahahaha

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Yhanks @cociu :)

All things considered, I think you may be enjoying a decent bunch of not-too-impatient customers here

Anyway - there are still three more prizes to be awarded for signup #800, #900, and #999. Expecting next selection to be in a week or so to celebrate signup #800

@Razza @FAT32 @TomG @yng68bld @Kyle_ @nullnothere @kiska - some of you may be new to Hostsolutions, so please do feel free ask questions here and give your honest feedback as you enjoy your lifetime of hopefully smooth sailing,

and ... I might just suggest is that if anyone feels compelled to experiment with currently unsupported features (such as installing custom OS or whatever) then maybe best to spin up a separate monthly VPS to test as needed first - so if some adventurous configuration goes sideways, then it won't be such a big deal as if it were the lifetime instance waiting for response to an awkward ticket.

Thanked by (3)Kyle_ FAT32 nullnothere

• @cociu said: WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE NUMBERS 1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000-9000-10000

whoa ... I missed that detail.

yowza yowza yowza

• @cociu + @uptime - I can confirm that I have received details of my KVM VPS. I am yet to try out anything but hope to do so this week. I will be sure to post updates after I get things setup.

Thank you again for this and here's to the new winners now that there are more zeroes to play with and win...

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@cociu said:
    all is activated now. Thanks all. Personally thanks for the help from @uptime because was sort this out. NOW ... WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE NUMBERS 1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000-9000-10000 because is a pleasure to contribute to something new like this forum. @AnthonySmith can you put this in the original txt ? in the thread please.

maybe a new thread would be better?

Thanked by (1)uptime

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

This discussion has been closed.