Yall know some good domain registars?

2»

Comments

• @akhfa said:

@nick_ said:
    Thanks to this thread. I'm gradually moving all of my domains at Porkbun to Spaceship. Both are competitive in pricing, but Spaceship UX/UI is way better. And they look promising.

Dont you worry that spaceship is still a new registrar?

Not quite because they're sort of NameCheap related.

• I'm using Cloudflare as my domain registrar. Except that you can't change the NS server directly on the Dashboard, I think everything else is good.

• edited May 2023

what about namecrane @Francisco

is there any experience with the hostinger.com service (domains)? @TheDP

• @lapua said: what about namecrane @Francisco

Soon™ :smiley:

@lapua said: is there any experience with the hostinger.com service (domains)? @TheDP

Never tried and probably never will :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@akhfa said:

@nick_ said:
    Thanks to this thread. I'm gradually moving all of my domains at Porkbun to Spaceship. Both are competitive in pricing, but Spaceship UX/UI is way better. And they look promising.

Dont you worry that spaceship is still a new registrar?

I trust them because of their relation to Namecheap, but I still won't be moving critical domains or domains that I really care about.

Spaceship has ICANN accreditation, if they were to ever close or go broke, I believe ICANN will take care of it for non-ccTLD domains.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @xleet said:
    Gandi.net:
    Very good and recommended, but expensive.

Gandi was recently purchased by private equity and raised their prices. UK customers were also told that the "free" email addresses previous bundled with domain registration will now be a separate fee.

This is the second time Gandi has been sold and I no longer trust or recommend them.

Thanked by (1)xleet
  • I am using NameSilo and CloudFlare, but found Spaceship cheaper and UI better. Maybe I will choose Spaceship for new domains.

• I know some people use 1API/Hexonet to register ccTLDs. I didn't like Namecheap because it forced 2FA without telling me

• Hover(Tucows)
    Namecheap

for "general" domains

• Is there any promo code going on for Porkbun?