ServersNV Shutting Down 01st March 2020

Email sent to all ServersNV users. (51)

Good Afternoon,

ServersNV was rescued some years ago as a failing brand, it was restructured and made profitable again however due to some key differences between ServersNV and Inception Hosting Limited the ultimate goal of merging the 2 together entirely was never achieved.

ServersNV for the most part was simply left to run as is, over the years this has caused some complications and issues and brand confusion but was manageable.

At this point in time however with a hardware refresh being due the effort to maintain the separate accounting and servers no longer justifies the revenue that ServersNV brings in.

With almost all customers remaining being on month to month contracts and a minimal amount of active services left it feels like the most pain free point to make this decision.

On the 1st March 2020 all services will be stopped.

If you wish to migrate to Inception Hosting that can be arranged and it will be possible to keep your IPv4 address, please open a ticket if that is something you want to do.

The plans are available to view here: https://inceptionhosting.com/vps.html

People migrating from ServersNV depending on current discounts and which plan they would like to migrate over to will be eligible for up to a 50% discount on website prices and 1 month free to self migrate.

Please put a ticket in if you would like to discuss migration to Inception Hosting stating which plan you would like to move over to, what your data migration needs are and if you would like to keep the same IP.

Thank you for your understanding.

Anthony Smith.
Inception Hosting Limited.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited January 2020

Sounds like Inception Hosting is getting lean, given the Xen and ServersNV discontinuations. I wonder what Ant has planned for the future, surely it must be something big! ;)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:
    Sounds like Inception Hosting is getting lean, given the Xen and ServersNV discontinuations. I wonder what Ant has planned for the future, surely it must be something big! ;)

CoronaServers

Thanked by (1)imok

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Honestly this is all stuff I should have done years ago, I spent some time when I was unwell and not even able to stand up with a pen and paper looking at a lot of things and frankly I have been essentially providing service in a few areas at a loss, not a huge one but its not a sensible thing to do in business :) and I really hate telling people stuff is coming to an end, makes me feel bad but needs to be done.

I am also getting lean and banking as much capital as I can so I can make a real run at things when solus.io launches now I have a much better understanding of what it is going to be capable of, solusvm v1 is going to be like offering windows ME in 2020 by comparison.

Thanked by (4)Mason beagle poppz jeroen

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Wish inception hosting a bullish 2020.

Hope things are ryzen soon

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• That is a smart move Anthony. Wish you very best for business & health both

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• @poisson said:

@Mason said:

CoronaServers

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
    Honestly this is all stuff I should have done years ago, I spent some time when I was unwell and not even able to stand up with a pen and paper looking at a lot of things and frankly I have been essentially providing service in a few areas at a loss, not a huge one but its not a sensible thing to do in business :) and I really hate telling people stuff is coming to an end, makes me feel bad but needs to be done.

I am also getting lean and banking as much capital as I can so I can make a real run at things when solus.io launches now I have a much better understanding of what it is going to be capable of, solusvm v1 is going to be like offering windows ME in 2020 by comparison.

Hell yeah, Solus.io will be awesome ;-)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

As always a respectable and inspirational decision from a respectable and inspirational provider. ?

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • Man, I loved my ServersNV VPS. More ram than I could use, never fell over, and was cheaper than a night out.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@uhu said:
    Man, I loved my ServersNV VPS. More ram than I could use, never fell over, and was cheaper than a night out.

Yep the previous owner (who is a really nice guy by the way who I still have occasional contact with) did have some crazy deals that I had to suck up :)

I think there was 1 customer paying €1.60 p/quarter for a 2GB OpenVZ container at one point haha.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

• @poisson said:

@Mason said:

CoronaServers

Maybe

with every order ? ;)