VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @AuroraZero said:
    @yoursunny Check your testicles, you may be missing at least one. :p

You underestimate him.
    Yoursunny won't notice, as he has at least /80.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • any process for new ipv4 at laxa007?

• @gritty said:
    any process for new ipv4 at laxa007?

Same problem here (stuck with the old dead IP). I opened a ticket 21 hours ago.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cornercase said:

@gritty said:

I don't expect opening a ticket is going to get you a new IP assigned any faster than the rest of us that are waiting on LAXA007. Just saying.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

I don't expect opening a ticket is going to get you a new IP assigned any faster than the rest of us that are waiting on LAXA007. Just saying.

Stop being so rational. He's first in line now.

• edited October 2023

@FrankZ said:

@cornercase said:

@gritty said:

Well the Network Status page doesn't say anything about LAXA007 still needing IP assignment work, so for some reason that gave me the impression that it was "done" and this would be considered an "unknown issue".

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cornercase said: Well the Network Status page doesn't say anything about LAXA007 still needing IP assignment work, so for some reason that gave me the impression that it was "done" and this would be considered an "unknown issue".

The best way I have found is to ask here if anyone else has the same issue as you. Then you will not feel so alone.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Yeah I think not all are listed as migrated ones ...
    I have one migrated on TPAZ005 with 47.87...

• @reb0rn said:
    Yeah I think not all are listed as migrated ones ...
    I have one migrated on with 47.87...

I got a SEAZ009 that finished up in TPAZ005 in the same boat.

• I have 2 ipv4s but when I moved to the new node TPAZ004, I only had 1 ipv4 left. Is there any way that can help me?

• @duc5e said:
    I have 2 ipv4s but when I moved to the new node TPAZ004, I only had 1 ipv4 left. Is there any way that can help me?

Are you sure? They only list one on the main screen now but if you click over to Networking I think it shows boths.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@cornercase said:

@FrankZ said:

@cornercase said:

@gritty said:

Well the Network Status page doesn't say anything about LAXA007 still needing IP assignment work, so for some reason that gave me the impression that it was "done" and this would be considered an "unknown issue".

Typo fixed.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ cornercase
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

I do have some updates available but I'm not providing them as it's very messy on all sides, more than usual, and won't be valuable outside of confusing everyone. If I had provided updates over the last few days they would've changed several times already.

• edited October 2023

@skorous said:

@duc5e said:
    I have 2 ipv4s but when I moved to the new node TPAZ004, I only had 1 ipv4 left. Is there any way that can help me?

Are you sure? They only list one on the main screen now but if you click over to Networking I think it shows boths.

https://imgur.com/a/Lutti1v

• @duc5e said:

Look at the ticket in your account that was sent to notify you of your IP change (if you received one). It will likely say:

This ticket was created to notify you of an upcoming change with your service. We will be changing your server's main IP address and additional IP addresses on Thursday, Maybe Never.

Old IP address(es): xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    New IP address(es): xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

If it shows you had 2 already it will make it easier to prove there was an error. You can open a new ticket and screenshot that to show you should have 2. I'd only do that though once your single "new" IP is working in case you are in the transition process.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • edited October 2023

@VirMach said:
    TYOC038 - Royally screwed, anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo. Will update network status page in a moment. Data recovery may not be very easy, but trying. May all have to end up being moved away. And no, not enough space to be moved to Tokyo.

Any news regarding TYOC038?
    I don't want to move out of Tokyo. Is it possible to migrate to another node in Tokyo, or if it takes longer to fix, I don't mind waiting. My only requirement is not to move out of Tokyo.

• Me too, I can wait but I don't want to move out of Tokyo

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@cornercase @gritty and any others waiting on new IPv4 for LAXA007 you might want to check again now.

Thanked by (2)gritty cornercase

• @FrankZ said:
    @cornercase @gritty and any others waiting on new IPv4 for LAXA007 you might want to check again now.

great! the ipv4 address have been updated!

• edited October 2023

@VirMach said:
    I do have some updates available but I'm not providing them as it's very messy on all sides, more than usual, and won't be valuable outside of confusing everyone. If I had provided updates over the last few days they would've changed several times already.

Any update on CHI-Z027 please?

When I am able to VNC into my server in-between long bouts of being unable to due to the timing out issue in my ticket, I can't ping the outside world. The VNC viewer is still showing the old IP in the "address" section.

Should I wipe the server and reinstall?

Thanks, appreciate it.

• @FrankZ said:

Finally back online just two days after I celebrated the one month anniversary of this outage.

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • In case I missed it, do we know what happened to the NY storage servers? Went offline day or two ago.

• @skorous said:
    In case I missed it, do we know what happened to the NY storage servers? Went offline day or two ago.

What do you think runs Yeti Node?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited October 2023

@VirMach
    A pick-up service ticket was generated in the background, and I paid $3. About a week later, the service ticket was closed. What should I do?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@lolmi said:
    I have a ticket for migration that says it is closed, but I paid $3, what should I do about this?

Can I ask how you were able to request a paid migration through the billing panel ?
    I have not seen any locations available in the migration pull down for months on any of the non-special VMs I have.

• edited October 2023

@FrankZ said:

@lolmi said:
    I have a ticket for migration that says it is closed, but I paid $3, what should I do about this?

Can I ask how you were able to request a paid migration through the billing panel ?
    I have not seen any locations available in the migration pull down for months on any of the non-special VMs I have.

I just said wrong, it's a Transfer Service, not a migration, sorry.

• What is a pick-up service?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ZA_capetown said:
    What is a pick-up service?

I expect he means transferring a VPS from one account to another. As I am unaware of any service other than migration without data, or a transfer that costs $3.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

• @ZA_capetown said:
    What is a pick-up service?

This ticket has been marked as "rejected" by a member of our staff. This means either (1) this is something we cannot do either due to policy or not possible, (2) your ticket was not descriptive or created incorrectly or included incorrect information, (3) your issue can be resolved by visiting the knowledgebase, or (4) this was already answered or not part of the support level provided for your account.

If this was a billing request, it most likely means you are not eligible for this being processed. If you were requesting technical support, perhaps you have a limited support plan and your request was outside of what's covered. Your ticket may also be flagged as rejected if you may have already received a resolution in previous responses, as mentioned above, or if we do not discuss what you're requesting as part of the normal level of support we provide (for example, you might be asking us about a promotion or a trial or something we don't offer.)

If you do create a new request, please make sure to first review everything we have mentioned. In most cases, any further requests may also be rejected.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@skorous said:
    In case I missed it, do we know what happened to the NY storage servers? Went offline day or two ago.

A couple of people have mentioned that it was inaccessible, but there has been no official word, that I have seen, about the cause, or resolution, of the outage.

EDIT: It is on the status page, so VirMach is aware.

Affecting System - NYCB004S
    10/06/2023 04:28 Last Updated 10/06/2023 04:28
    NYCB004S is offline, and we're looking into the issue. We apologize for not updating you sooner in this case.

Thanked by (1)skorous