New Intel CPU vulnerability

124»

Comments

• Ah, damn, Cobalt RAQ. Sure brings back memories.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@deank said:
    Ah, damn, Cobalt RAQ. Sure brings back memories.

We all had ideals then.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@yoursunny said:

@WSS said:

@yoursunny said:
    I'm building a router with content caching capability.

That is not a router.

It's normally called a "forwarder". "router" is an alias.
    See here: https://github.com/usnistgov/ndn-dpdk

Butts.

Given your statements and ideology, I'd prefer not to use anything you endorse. All the same - butts.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @AnthonySmith said: cobalt raq 4

I've got one of these

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@debaser said:
    This is true as well of course. These providers don’t just own a DC but own vast complexes. That being said, I wouldn’t know if their Ryzen dedis are 1U, 2U or maybe even 4U. Maybe @Hetzner_OL or @ninzo59 will share this information (probably not, but can’t blame me for trying).

We use our own customer build cases and racks. You can see our custom-built racks/cases on our 360 degree tour. These aren't Ryzens, but they're similar. The image in one of our social media posts for Ryzen is pretty much what it looks like on the inside. --Katie

Thanked by (2)cybertech uptime

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• @AnthonySmith said: The issue with EPYC is long contracts and poor single thread performance, there is no good config combination that works if you want to compete on price with the likes of Vultr, Do, hetzner, ovh clouds etc.

EPYC actually makes it easier to compete.

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

That’s the general opinion and the one I share. I understand the problem here is the CPU frequency @AnthonySmith seems to need high clock and less cores rather than a lot more cores but a lower clock.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited January 2020

Well you know what it costs me and the commit to stand up an E3 and you know what it costs me to stand up and the commit to EPYC and its a low end EPYC at that, if I was a big cash rich business then I know it makes sense, but if I was I would not be having this conversation i would be getting a colo price :)

Ryzen stacks up against an E3 cost wise EPYC simply does not.

Anyway, I dont really want to push it any more, there are things from your side of the business that make it not appealing, I get it, if you dont want that target market any more sticking with intel is your best bet, that's not meant to be personal, that is just how I see it from my side of the business.

Thanked by (1)MikeA

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• I said more than one time, Intel is the new Apple, people dont listen to me.