Hetzner NVMe failing

2»

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

Hi @SagnikS There have recently been a small number of similar reports. I passed this thread on to our Hareware Development team, and they've read it.
    They are already looking into it. We are not just saying that we are looking into it - we are actually looking into it. However, the number of reports have been small, and we have not be able to confirm the source of the problem with certainty. That is why the support team answered the way they did.
    If you come across any similar issues with NVMes in our servers, please write us a support ticket and share whatever helpful information you have. That will help our team to investigate and to take further action if needed. If a drive is defective, we will exchange it.
    For those of you who have had issues, I'm very sorry about any inconvenience they may have caused and if you felt that our team didn't take your concerns seriously. They do. They're just not always so great at expressing it. --Katie

Thanked by (4)Falzo SagnikS mfs cybertech

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Janevski said:
    He has to use stronger sotfwares.

I suppose that 2018 was my year.
    2019 was the @Amitz year.
    2020 is the year of @Janevski shitposting.

Thanked by (2)Janevski Amitz

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:

@Janevski said:
    He has to use stronger sotfwares.

I suppose that 2018 was my year.
    2019 was the @Amitz year.
    2020 is the year of @Janevski shitposting.

It all starts making sense now...
    The puzzle pieces, they all fit together and melt, merging with the flesh of my hands, forming a bile of crud...
    The deafenig silence ensues.

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@SagnikS said: thank you for your inquiry. Please note, that there are no known issues with the regarding NVMes. Hence, we assume an issue, related to the type of usage/software on your servers

I really hate that sort of support.

Roughly translated: "Dear Customer 104582, I have looked in to nothing, I am really just trying to find a reason for this not to be my problem so i can close the ticket"

Well, that's the real COST of buying something so cheap.

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
    SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@SpryServers_Tab said: Well, that's the real COST of buying something so cheap.

Thank you for your patience, your call is important to us however you are not.

Thanked by (1)SpryServers_Tab

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:

@SpryServers_Tab said: Well, that's the real COST of buying something so cheap.

Thank you for your patience, your call is important to us however you are not.

Just wait until you get to deal with NetCup support. Thankfully, I've never needed anything from them major - they couldn't tell me why they spontaneously rebooted one of the nodes I was on, and never acknowledged that it occurred.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @SagnikS @Hetzner_OL, Linus Tech Tips made a great video explaining their troubles with NVMe drives:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWjOh0Ph8uM
    If you have the same issue, it might be interpreted as drive failure by some monitoring tools.