I tried to check OneProvider to see some prices there. Unfortunately, I couldn't access their website. After 20 min I tried again. The same result. Offline.

So I checked with some online tools to see if it is just for me or is worldwide.

So, no chance to be tempted to buy something :)

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired

You've just saved yourself a headache and wasted time. They suck.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Every cloud and all that.

• edited February 2020

@WSS said:
    You've just saved yourself a headache and wasted time. They suck.

Yes and no. Some dedicated from there are a lot better than some virtual machines sold on forums.
    Is true they are doing some things and they limit da bandwidth or using old hardware. But I obtained better results with a cheap dedicated from there (as their are) instead of some KVM.

For some personal projects, I consider is better to pay 14-15 usd per month for a cheap dedicated. Just to have all the resources for me. Buying some KVM with "fair share" vCPU ... Right now I am installing a KVM with 8 vCPU and 16 GB with Intel Xeon E5-2650 and the results are a lot more down comparing with an Atom C2750 let's say. Just because there I can have all re resource (dedicated) for me. Not 40% allowed per vCPU :) .

But, is true, for personal projects and for some fun.

• You remind me of someone.

Who used to be a troll.... Who used to have a signature removed for the greater good of trollkind.

Who was it...

Thanked by (2)dahartigan WSS

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• Me?

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Love my €1.99 dedicated server - wish I'd got two. Excellent for NextCloud tertiary backups and been totally stable.
    Had a Billing query and Support answered within 4 minutes!

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Love my €1.99 dedicated server - wish I'd got two. Excellent for NextCloud tertiary backups and been totally stable.
    Had a Billing query and Support answered within 4 minutes!

You still have the sys arm too?

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• edited February 2020

@dahartigan said: You still have the sys arm too?

No, the Scaleway/Online replaced it - the SYS network speeds were fluctuating a helluva lot anyway. Still got a KS-7 (manually installed Proxmox) though. ;)

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@dartagnan said:
    But, is true, for personal projects and for some fun.

That's what WSI/Nocix are for when not a special.

Thanked by (1)dartagnan

• edited February 2020

@WSS said: That's what WSI/Nocix are for when not a special.

You tried to buy an additional IP for a WSI box - how much? /29 minimum, IIRC.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AlwaysSkint said:

The last one I got came with a free /29 despite claiming it only had a /30 routed to it. When I mentioned that, they said it wasn't worth removing it. Sadly, I let that go, because it was too damn slow. Happy with my Dedispec.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint dartagnan

• @AlwaysSkint said:

Most higher end WSI boxes (more than $25/mo, IIRC) come with a /29 by default but I think you can order additional IPs. Don't recall, I haven't had a WSI server for over a year now.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited February 2020

@CamoYoshi said:
    Most higher end WSI boxes

• @WSS said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    Most higher end WSI boxes

Well... subjectively speaking at least. ;)

Nothing wrong with keeping older hardware kicking around if it still gets the job done though!

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.