Future of the Flash Sales Thread.

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

So the flash sales thread has been pretty good however I think its is now going the way of the dodo, not so useful as a thread any more, not bad but when these sorts of threads turn in to multi pagers it either needs constant moderation or things just get lost and it turns to background noise.

Maybe that's just my opinion and I am wrong who knows so I was thinking of setting up a dedicated category instead, essentially all the same applies except each member found deal gets its own topic with a subject.

That will then be placed on a part of the site much like the LES Exclusive offers are now in the top right, the difference being they will live and die within 48 hours.

That way everyone gets to see them at a glace and people for whom that thread has become background noise too can see the ridiculously good deals people are finding?

Also people can actually comment on them this way and people can sub to the topic if they want rather than the thread.

So rather than 'do this community at you' you decide, I rarely get much use from those posts anyway so maybe I am dead wrong.

If you have no idea what i am on about it is this: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/244/flash-limited-time-must-see-deals-only-thread-read-the-first-post-new

If you have a totally different idea please comment.

Also interested to see if people think it should only be visible to logged in users and why.

Future of the Flash Sales Thread
  1. What form do you want it to take?65 votes
    1. Leave it alone
        7.69%
    2. Make it a category so we can start commenting on them
      32.31%
    3. Make it a category AND put them up like the LES exclusives
      43.08%
    4. I don't care just show me the poll results
      16.92%

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• I think their own category idea is great and would make it easier to browse - LES exclusive style but with being able to comment directly on the threads rather linking so people can share experience with the provider, benchmarks etc

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@LeonDynamic said:
    I think their own category idea is great and would make it easier to browse - LES exclusive style but with being able to comment directly on the threads rather linking so people can share experience with the provider, benchmarks etc

That was my thinking yes, seems by the poll results so far that most people agree, will leave it until tomorrow so everyone can vote.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• I went with "Make it a category so we can start commenting on them". Great stuff!

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• My disappointment will be immeasurable, and I will want the Flash Sales Thread back.

@MrPsycho

On topic:

Thanked by (2)uptime Mason

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• I also would much rather prefer a category so it will be easily searchable, people can throw in their experiences & comments with each deal, etc. More or less echoing what everyone else has said so far :)

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.