[PSA] HostDoc - not refunding and filing chargebacks with upstream providers! [IMPORTANT]

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited February 2020 in Industry News

Hi Folks,

It has come to light that not only is HostDoc not refunding but he is also now filing chargebacks with his own upstream hosts I assume to claw back a bit of money from the brand he said was profitable.

This has been confirmed at (the other place) if you have ever had service with HostDoc the time is NOW to file a paypal claim/charge back yourself.

Even if you were only out $1 file it on pricipal, make the scammers work hard and make it harder for them to get away with this.

He fooled many of us with his nice guy attitude, seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday.

Charging back against his upstream hosts that provided him with service is an absolute scumbag move, unforgivable.

Not the drama I want but people tend to be ridiculously optimistic about hosts doing the right thing sometimes and you need to know this is not one of those times if you are waiting for a refund.

remember you have 180 days for paypal and probably longer for a card/stripe.

edit: if somehow you arrive at this and want context or you were a HostDoc customer and did not even know they were shutting down here is the thread: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/569/hostdoc-closing-down

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said: seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday

That was hard.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Nyr said:

@AnthonySmith said: seems he is no better that a colocrossing offer on blackfriday

That was hard.

As was Ant when he wrote it, TBH.

Thanked by (1)ialexpw

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Surely I am a better dick than him, right?

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@deank said:
    Surely I am a better dick than him, right?

It depends, is 'better' defined by stature or girth?

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @seriesn said:
    By the word of @Lee
    CUNT.

See, I wanted to earlier, but I am trying not to be my LET alter asshole over here.

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting uptime
  • Fucking incredible. That's as low as low gets. I woke up this morning, checked the other place, saw the update. What a cunt act.

When was the last time that a community provider did a chargeback on their upstream like this? Is this setting a new low?

Disappointed and disgusted doesn't even start to cover how I feel about this.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Well, if you are going to turn go all in. In an odd way, I respect the commitment, I wouldn't have the balls to go as far as a chargeback against all my upstreams.

There is a saying that if you want to be a better criminal, spend time in prison and learn from the best. I don't know, LET seems to be a good substitute to prison.

Thanked by (1)WSS
  • I chargeback because I can.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• Wait, wasn't host doc supposed to be a good host? What happened?

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @somik said:
    Wait, wasn't host doc supposed to be a good host? What happened?

He was a good host until PMS took over. I think he's gone off the rails in his crazy train.

TL;DR his client area was leaking personal info, was reported to him by multiple customers including myself many months ago, never really addressed the issue, one day it becomes public, hostdoc goes PMS and starts blaming me and others for bringing it to light, instead of fixing the issue he closes shop but promises to pro-rata refund everyone, nobody is getting refunds except a few early refunds where the money was still in the pot, now he's doing chargebacks on the providers that he rented servers from.

Thanked by (2)somik Daniel

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• My view is slightly different.

LadyDoc was offering borderline free service since I doubt there was much, if any, profit in his hosting service.
    He saw no light at the end of the tunnel as people demanded better and cheaper service.

The data leak was the thing that broke a camel's back, so to speak, and he thought to himself, "Fuck you all." and went full PMS.
    He wrote a long message that was basically "Fuck you, cunts. I am ditching ya all, suckers. I also blame Brexit."

People requested refund rightfully so. Some were granted. Some were ignored. Seeing no way back to the fold, he figured he'd get extra PMS by trying to get money back from his upstream providers.

Thanked by (3)seriesn somik mikho

• @deank said: Some were granted

Which is really odd, it's like he wanted to go down the right route then decided, nope.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Lee said:

@deank said: Some were granted

Which is really odd, it's like he wanted to go down the right route then decided, nope.

Or the idea was to do a few cheap refunds to keep people off his back thinking he was going to do the right thing so he had time to get his own charge backs in.

Thanked by (3)dahartigan poisson Ouji

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said: Or the idea was to do a few cheap refunds to keep people off his back thinking he was going to do the right thing so he had time to get his own charge backs in.

Possibly but on the other site, some were getting back some large amounts rather than small.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Lee said:
    There is a saying that if you want to be a better criminal, spend time in prison and learn from the best. I don't know, LET seems to be a good substitute to prison.

sigh You gotta pay for your snickers somehow. Bend over.

Thanked by (1)Lee

• edited February 2020

Well, I got £38 straight back, without asking at all, so I ain't complaining in that regard. The lucky few (for a change).

In the last couple of days, I managed to direct login to virtualizor from the "london" node, to clean up a bit on my Oz server, though much of the functionality is/was broken there. I'd already fully migrated the Dallas instance, after receiving the infamous closing down email. Was unable to boot systemrescueCD on the Oz server though, to give it a good old wipe.

I have now altered my address, phone number and email details in the Client Area - just in case. I suggest others might like to do the same.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• As the spammers say, very informative post. Thank you.

Sad to see a good host turn scammer...

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• At this point, it seems like he has zero monies and he rather pull the stunt on the providers than to have the bank go after him and make him insolvent for not being able to pay his CC bills. The upstream providers ain't going to get anything back taking legal action and will incur more cost.

Anyway, his name is publicly available on UK's company register and the best thing that can be done is to log him into fraud databases so that he won't ever be able to pull similar shit on others in future. This is a nuclear move, but I think it is justified.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Well, I got £38 straight back, without asking at all, so I ain't complaining in that regard. The lucky few (for a change).

That 38 squid was most likely still in the pot hence easier to refund.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @Lee said:

I have a theory he may have intended to, until he did the math. He basically oversold refounds lol

Thanked by (1)poisson

• @dahartigan said:

@Lee said:

I have a theory he may have intended to, until he did the math. He basically oversold refounds lol

How does it even work? Overselling servers is understandable, but overselling refounds? lol

Thanked by (2)dahartigan Abdullah

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Damn.

Well I just checked...I got to near enough to what was promised so fine

Was close though...nearly went for annual billing

• Oh no!
    Scam exit! :o

• HostdocHarleyQuinn sigh.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Butts.

• sonicsonic OG
    edited February 2020

This has been confirmed at (the other place)

Link please. LET?

• @sonic said:

This has been confirmed at (the other place)

Link please. LET?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162800/hostdoc-are-closing-down#latest

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited February 2020

Original comment from LET, from an employee of Heymann (who Hostdoc were using):

WootWoot said: we received a $479.40 chargeback (Stripe) from them this morning (on a legitimate / due payment). Their Kansas City location has been shutdown 30 minutes ago. Their status page also shows that their Dallas location was shutdown 45 minutes ago. They've probably been hit, today, with a chargeback too.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3081113/#Comment_3081113