PRE-SALE/38$ year/ 3TB Storage/KVM/1GB DDr4/1core,Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 108 STOCK

2»

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited February 24

personally I would listen to Calin's future deals since he's had some host_c advice. no doubt he has made mistakes in not too recent past what with buying database and having crunchdaddy to bail him out, but his newer server builds are looking more and more well equipped, signaling his intention to improve as time goes by.

I'd be careful though not to devolve into a florin persona; if you're 18 and looking for a big break in business, act like it and work for it, not shove excuses up every disgruntled customer's behind everytime something goes wrong, or go missing again.

There are no lack of larger established providers but it would be nice to have a few recognized smaller "few man shows" who are authentic and sustainable.

Just my $0.02 but don't take me too seriously. my forte is YABS

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

@Calin

Now you have a B+

Nice :)

Thanked by (1)Calin

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• Looks like the community is more and more bloodthirsty. I understand quality control, but for that there have to be clear signs.

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello, we mount for all VPS the 3 TB partition for acces the 3 TBs partition please fallow the next tutorial:

Tutorial:

To get access to the /storage partition, it must be mounted,here are the following commands that must be performed to

make the partition work again, if you encounter problems, please

send write us a PM and we will help you

Step 1:

Login on you vps with root user

Put this command on terminal

mkdir /storage

Step 2:

Put this commands on terminal

(take 5-10 minutes to create partition)

sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb

After this put this command

sudo mount /dev/sdb /storage

Step 3:

Go on /etc/fstab

Put this command on terminal

nano /etc/fstab

After this put this command

/dev/sdb /storage ext4 defaults 0 2

Screenshot how need configure

https://i.imgur.com/rggZ3aw.png

Regards,

Calin - iHostART

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Any YABS on the HDD?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@cybertech said: Any YABS on the HDD?

>
    Hello , HDD right now it's very slow because it's a resync on main node and in same time lot of people mount HDD partition

Regards

• @Calin said: 4. ORDERS WILL BE DELIVERED WITHIN 40 DAYS AFTER YOU PURCHASED VPS

In my case, it was closer to 40 minutes (if not 4).

Just installed Debian 11, now upgrading to 12. Including Debian 12 (or any Debian) as an initial image would be a nice touch.

Looking good so far. Thanks!

• Hi Calin, regarding my ticket: invoice 3457

@wankel said: Hi Calin, regarding my ticket: invoice 3457

>

Hello , problem fixed

Hello dear customers,

We received more reports in the evening of the 11th regarding issues with the /storage partition on our storage VPS. After investigation it appears that the partition has become faild but it's active and operating in read-only mode. This is a familiar error, but the circumstances this time are unusual. Despite the mdadm RAID failing, the partition on the node remains intact, even though no HDDs are defective.

Fortunately, due to the more intricate RAID configuration on STOR-4, we have metadata backups for all VPS on the node from the /storage partition. This means there's no risk of data loss. However, WE REQUEST URGENT/ASAP all customers to promptly back up any important data from /storage partition, as we will need to rebuild the partition. Only the /storage partition will sufered a complete reinstallation, the main partition (/)still be intact of the VPS.

Q: How much time do I have to MAKE BACKUP?

A: We're allow all customers 96 hours (4 days) time to make backup. Additionally, we'll grant a 2-week extension on the next billing date.

Q: What caused this error?

A: We're still investigating the exact cause of this incident. However, it appears that the configuration differences, particularly the buffer-cache setup on STOR-4, may have contributed. Here's the current configuration:

20x 18 TB HDD SAS RAID 60
    1x 960 GB SSD SAS for boot
    1x 960 GB SAS for mdadm buffer cache
    2x 2 TB HDD SAS RAID 1 for mdadm metadata backup

For prevent and improvment VPS node we start make next changes:

We intend to remove the buffer-cache during the reconfiguration of /storage to prevent similar issues in the future.
    We start fix I/O speed , we will use the old cache method used on STOR-1 / STOR-2 and STOR-3 which was very efficient, and since we had the nodes up and running in the last 6-7 months everything went perfectly without any data loss

PLEASE NO REBOOT/SHUTDOWN YOU VPS FOR NO PERMANENTLY DATA LOST

We start post more updates on our discord server > https://discord.gg/7cnRBWEW8u and on our website page > https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/announcements

Thanks for understand and sorry for this!

Regards,
    Calin - C.E.O iHostART

Thanked by (2)host_c wankel