Guess the page view number, win a VPS

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited November 2019 in Free Offers and Stuff

We had just over 20,000 page views in 4 days (vanilla stats).

Guess how many after 5 days and the closest guess wins a UK, NL or USA OpenVZ 7 512mb VPS. Free for a year.

1 guess per person, in case there are even spacing between guesses the lower number wins and in case of duplication obviously the first guess wins.

I will be awake again in about 8 hours to check to see who won.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

Exactly

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• williewillie OG
    edited November 2019

31,416 (10000*pi rounded to nearest integer).

• I guess maybe 28k. Thanks for a bit of fun, although I wouldn't need another OVZ!

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• If you can see the edit log, I went back and forth between 31416 (10000pi) and 27183 (10000e), finally went with 31416 just to root for the higher number. Older nerds might also recognize 22026 as exp(10) ;).

Thanked by (1)uptime

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• 24000 seems like a relevant number

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• 42,000 :)

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @uptime said:
    42,000 :)

Malthusian growth model?

Thanked by (1)uptime

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

@ITLabs said:

@uptime said:
    42,000 :)

Malthusian growth model?

Maybe?

Actually, a fairly straightforward application of the generalized Adams equation.

(Douglas Adams, that is ...) :smiley:

Thanked by (2)ITLabs vyas

Thanked by (1)uptime

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:

One too many digits there...

Thanked by (1)uptime

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @AnthonySmith said:
    We had just over 20,000 page views in 4 days (vanilla stats).

Guess how many after 5 days and the closest guess wins a UK, NL or USA OpenVZ 7 512mb VPS. Free for a year.

1 guess per person, in case there are even spacing between guesses the lower number wins and in case of duplication obviously the first guess wins.

I will be awake again in about 8 hours to check to see who won.

Unique view or just views? Cause views can be generated very easily. Just need to activate auto reloads on a few PCs and leave them loading the page every 1s or something like that. That should generate 3600 views per hour per browser instance. :tongue:

• I notice pages have been loading slowly in the last few hours (compared to other sites on same browser) - haven't done a deep dive to confirm details yet - but I am starting to wonder what might be going on behind the scenes ...

• @uptime said:
    I notice pages have been loading slowly in the last few hours (compared to other sites on same browser) - haven't done a deep dive to confirm details yet - but I am starting to wonder what might be going on behind the scenes ...

Indeed.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

Maybe time to do some attempt at gathering relevant details to assist with a proper diagnosis

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/74/les-forum-intermittently-slow-gathering-details-here/p1

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

29000 ??? Maybe I will get lucky! :) :

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• I would need access to your admin panel, in order to make an educated guess

• I can predict false future so I'll take 29152.

• maybe around 28.000 views =)

• Ok, which one of you took my advice and overloaded the server?

This discussion has been closed.