Letbox N4: 4 GB ram / 4 X5670 vcores @ 2.9 GHz / 20 GB NVMe / 2 TB storage / 15 TB xfer @ 2 Gbit/s

uptimeuptime OG
edited February 2020 in Reviews

I picked this one up a couple daze ago, just now getting around to seeing what's up.

So far so good - thought I'd give a shout out to @key900 to say: :scream: Well played sir! Well played indeed.

Will post more notes as I gently probulate and configure over the next month or so (and this one will not be idling after that break-in period - it's going to be put to work)

heads up @cybertech - this one's clocking in at well over 9000! https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15201231

Single-Core score    Multi-Core score
3021                 10717

first glance at the NVMe: 1 GB/s sustained write speed

I have not yet configured the block storage

nor have I checked the network (though my other letboxen have been consistently pretty zippy on the 1 Gbit/s ports)

base model (with 1 Gbit/s port and 256 GB instead of 2 TB block storage) may still be available for $5.51 monthly ($15 quarterly / $50 yearly!) https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=115

I souped mine up with 2 TB block storage and 2 Gbit/s because yolo (I got plans for this one) - fully loaded, it comes out to $12.51 per month

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

Comments

• I opted for Wishosting's 1.8TB box over the Letboxes since I cared more about the storage space & price than performance+storage+price but damn that looks like a killer deal.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

It may be a great offer but I am not buying it. Literally, not as an expression....

Thanks for the feedback :-)

P.s base offer out of stock

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @CamoYoshi indeed it is a deal aficionado's delight, and with the upgrades it ticks (most) all the boxes for my project - hence my rush to post a half-assed first draft of a review to let people here know.

@key900 has been doing this for a while - and has powered through some treacherous territory at Psychz LA (power outages etc bs) to come out the other side with A+B power and very nice storage offers. Now I'm getting a taste of the ram and CPU options too, plus the 2 Gbit/s port.

tl;dr: thanks @key900 for helping me get over @HostDoc withdrawals - you deserve some LESbian appreciation :)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Isn't it 2690v2? I'm eyeing N4 but have an existing with them due to expire in a few months :tongue:

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited February 2020

@cybertech thanks! you are correct, CPU is E5-2690 v2 (I was looking at my new freerangecloud jumphost which has the X5670, oopsies!)

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz 
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx
                      fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl
                      xtopology eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt
                      tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi
                      flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep erms xsaveopt arat

EDIT: just noticed the vmx flag - mmmmm looks like nested virtualization's on the menu fellas!

Thanked by (2)dahartigan cybertech

• That's some nice potassium indeed :-)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• How the hell is this even possible? Power alone would run me more.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Ionswitch.com | High Performance VPS in Seattle and Dallas since 2018

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited February 2020

maybe Psychz owes @key900 a favor or two ...?

EDIT:

@vyas said: base offer out of stock

aha - and, limited stock ...

well I got mine (and you know the rest, Jack!) :smiley:

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• @key900 has been bringing some great storage deals.

I scooped some time ago a 2cpu / 2GB / 20GB NVMe + 3TB block storage / 5TB @ 1Gbps for $7/m.

LetBox and HostHatch are my go to providers for storage offers. It's hard to find better offers.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • key900key900 Hosting ProviderOG

@ionswitch_stan said:
    How the hell is this even possible? Power alone would run me more.

@uptime said:
    maybe Psychz owes @key900 a favor or two ...?

EDIT:

@vyas said: base offer out of stock

aha - and, limited stock ...

well I got mine (and you know the rest, Jack!) :smiley:

Maybe i’m just lucky :p

Thanked by (1)uptime

*SeedFiles.Com Make it Simple! Coming Soon. Discord Community https://discord.gg/CgYNcTMY

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

Talk about a quiet re entry into orbit @key900

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Got this as well a couple of days ago... thought it was out of stock since the offer was over a week ago already. I Let go of my older 2 TB service since I don't need that much storage currently and need some firepower as well for some small projects testing [and maybe block storage upgrade in the future]. Good shit. :+1:

Thanked by (2)uptime vyas
  • Just bought one and I am waiting to receive mail info vps

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited February 2020

@vyas - it is call #fomo, mofo!

EDIT: YOLO! :scream:

Thanked by (1)vyas

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

Folo

Fear if losing out.... works both ways

Buy = fear of losing money (summerhost) / hair (bad provider) / sleep (frau gets upset, off to the couch)...

No buy = fear of losing out on deal.

Edit: YOLO : You only live once. So might as well buy, but ..

• Fear Losing Out On Deal = FLOOD :cry:

Thanked by (1)vyas