Any experience with Heimdal Thor Foresight?

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Is it useful or just more snakeoil? I'd consider it for the the devices where I don't have a MWB license.

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Sounds like TBAV. Any old fuckers left who remember what that was? @Lee @AnthonySmith?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@vyas said:
    Loki

loco? ?

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@WSS said: TBAV

Nope, that one I missed.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:

Nope, that one I missed.

Thunderbyte Antivirus. In the early 90s, it was the best shareware tool available. It used 386 protected mode to step through the code in a virtual 8086 which had all common interrupt routines wrapped back to itself (these were the DOS days) so it could test for a possible baddy without having any direct knowledge of it being a virus or having a signature.

It was quite amazing for the time; ended up being bought out and shut down for an inferior product.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• @WSS said:
    Sounds like TBAV. Any old fuckers left who remember what that was? @Lee @AnthonySmith?

Thunderbyte? Prem.

Thanked by (2)WSS Ympker
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Nope, that one I missed.

Thunderbyte Antivirus. In the early 90s, it was the best shareware tool available. It used 386 protected mode to step through the code in a virtual 8086 which had all common interrupt routines wrapped back to itself (these were the DOS days) so it could test for a possible baddy without having any direct knowledge of it being a virus or having a signature.

It was quite amazing for the time; ended up being bought out and shut down for an inferior product.

Ah ok, I totally skipped 385/486 (the first time around) and PC entirely actually I was part of the Commodore Amiga master race until about when I got my first PC around the time of the Pentium 233 MMX

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Sorry, @Ympker. I now return you to your standard common thread already in progress.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@WSS said:
    Sorry, @Ympker. I now return you to your standard common thread already in progress.

All good mate. Seems like TBAV is way more famous than Heimdall anyway haha