PayPal accounts hacked en masse

"Victims reported that hackers abused Google Pay accounts to buy products using linked PayPal accounts. According to screenshots and various testimonies, most of the illegal transactions are taking place at US stores, and especially at Target stores across New York.

Most of the victims appear to be German users."

https://www.zdnet.com/article/paypal-accounts-are-getting-abused-en-masse-for-unauthorized-payments/

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Comments

• Have never used Google pay.

Never linked my PP to anything, really.

Thanked by (1)ehab

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Wait Google Pay still exists as a thing? Once they got rid of the cards, I thought everyone pretty much dumped them en-masse.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• I am more interested in why target German users to spend their money in the USA.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @WSS said:
    Wait Google Pay still exists as a thing? Once they got rid of the cards, I thought everyone pretty much dumped them en-masse.

Nearly 100 mn users in India all linked to bank accounts. One magic swoop, and poof!

• @vyas said:

@WSS said:

Nearly 100 mn users in India all linked to bank accounts. One magic swoop, and poof!

How much money in the average Indian bank account?

• @poisson said:

@vyas said:

@WSS said:

How much money in the average Indian bank account?

Ballpark 100 US Dollars.

Atleast that is the maximum funds we keep in the account that we HAD to create because making payment to service providers (electrician, street vendors, neighbourhood grocery stores) was getting difficult. My carpenter does @ 300 US Dollars worth of transactions every day on GP - so maybe average could be higher.

Thanked by (2)poisson ehab
  • @vyas said:
    My carpenter does @ 300 US Dollars worth of transactions every day on GP - so maybe average could be higher.

Are you sure he is not a drug lord?

1. Generate random 7 digits
    2. Your new credit card: 5356 8001 XXXX XXXY, where X is from 1, Y is check digit.
    3. Expiry date, CVC, Card Holder are not verified. 1 in ~100 cards are assigned to random PP accnt.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Shit forgot to delete the Google Pay Account.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Oh dear, well paypal is going to be putting fee's up again within the next 6 months I expect to cover all the payouts.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Oh dear, well paypal is going to be putting fee's up again within the next 6 months I expect to cover all the payouts.

Of course they will, to make the profit margin even bigger.
    Did you checked how big it is currently? You better do that.