Friendly Feature Requests / Ideas

2»

Comments

• @flips wrote earlier: My suggestion is to make it possible to dismiss/ignore threads I don't care to follow/read.
    (I know I can mark all as read, but then this thread, which I don't care about, it will pop back in with "66 new" etc. the next time someone posts there.)

In Discourse you can set a topic/thread to "Muted". Something similar in Vanilla would be very welcome, at least by me. ;)

@ouvoun said: Maybe I’m blind, but I don’t see a way to search post titles rather than content. I feel that might be useful to have?

I agree that this would be helpful. :)

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • I was looking for an Outrages Outages category earlier ...

Didn't feel quite right stirring up Industry News for this one so I posted it in Off Topic instead.

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@uptime said:
    I was looking for an Outrages Outages category earlier ...

Didn't feel quite right stirring up Industry News for this one so I posted it in Off Topic instead.

Great idea, done and moved.

Thanked by (1)uptime

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• I have bookmarked The Cest Pit and nothing else.

• @flips said:

@flips wrote earlier: My suggestion is to make it possible to dismiss/ignore threads I don't care to follow/read.
    (I know I can mark all as read, but then this thread, which I don't care about, it will pop back in with "66 new" etc. the next time someone posts there.)

In Discourse you can set a topic/thread to "Muted". Something similar in Vanilla would be very welcome, at least by me. ;)

@ouvoun said: Maybe I’m blind, but I don’t see a way to search post titles rather than content. I feel that might be useful to have?

I agree that this would be helpful. :)

A decent grep -v coronaMute Thread feature is highly desired!

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

Was a confirmation message after clicking "Mark All Viewed" added? Too scared to click now :P

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• @SpeedBus said:
    Was a confirmation message after clicking "Mark All Viewed" added? Too scared to click now :P

If you were commenting on my feature request, I don't think you read my original/quoted suggestion ... ;) Mark all as read makes it just pop back to lots of unread upon next new message. I want Mute/Ignore. (A feature that works well in f.ex. Discourse.) :)

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@flips said:

@SpeedBus said:

If you were commenting on my feature request, I don't think you read my original/quoted suggestion ... ;) Mark all as read makes it just pop back to lots of unread upon next new message. I want Mute/Ignore. (A feature that works well in f.ex. Discourse.) :)

MY CORONA!

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Janevski said:
    I have bookmarked The Cest Pit and nothing else.

oh booy...best upgrade my email plan with mailchimp then haha.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @WSS said:

MY CORONA!

I'd rather have a bitter or stout, thanks ;)

Thanked by (1)WSS
  • It would be nice if the topic lines like "flips 504 views 40 comments 12 new Most recent by flips March 2" (current display of this thread) had a direct link to the most recent comment, so clicking "March 2" would go immediately to the last page of the thread. That would allow easy catchup and checking out of current happenings in the thread.

Thanked by (1)flips
  • mobilemobile Retired

RSS

• WSSWSS OGRetired

My pronouns are like/subscribe.