due to recent events - selling old accounts

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Just a quick notice to all people who are creating accounts with me and then selling the services they have ordered.

Unless there is a written agreement, this kind of behavior is not accepted and the buyer, when found, will have their services canceled/suspended/terminated.

I just found out that some poor soul bought services for $15 when the value of the service was $9.
If you have a problem ordering, talk to me. I'm sure we can find the reason why your order was declined.

End of message.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Thanked by (2)kkrajk Janevski
Tagged:

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@mikho I deal with that shit daily, and they still try rather than following the rules set-out for such a thing. It's always the cheapest plans, innit?

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@WSS said:
    @mikho I deal with that shit daily, and they still try rather than following the rules set-out for such a thing. It's always the cheapest plans, innit?

In this case the poor bastard paid $15 instead of $9.

His loss,

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Yep. It's always someone scheming. I saw a lot of BF specials magically being sold on LET last year. I don't know if I'm to blame for that or not. I just had an excess and wanted to raise money for a couple nonprofits.

• @WSS said:
    I don't know if I'm to blame for that or not

its all your fault

Thanked by (3)WSS uptime webcraft
  • I thought this happens all the time with lowend accounts.

People resell, always, regardless whatever ToS says.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

@deank said:
    I thought this happens all the time with lowend accounts.

People resell, always, regardless whatever ToS says.

Still doesn’t make it acceptable ;)

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• I can bet WSS' sanity that they don't care.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I got the whole thing locked down so one can’t even change email address. Just to prevent this.

How did you find out about the $15?

Thanked by (1)Lee

@seriesn said:
    I got the whole thing locked down so one can’t even change email address. Just to prevent this.

How did you find out about the $15?

Same here, email field not changeable.
    I was asked to update it in December and now again.

I asked and the customer answered. ??‍♂️

• Huh, how does the one even end up buying a $9 service from a John Doe for $15? I'd always do some searching and research, and I wouldn't buy web services from random nicks in a forum ... confused ...

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
    edited March 2020

@flips said:
    I wouldn't buy web services from random nicks in a forum ... confused ...

Unless it's @Nick_A

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Always thought that reselling stuff is weird. I don't want to deal with some random

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@mikho said: I just found out that some poor soul bought services for $15 when the value of the service was $9.

When we first started the $15/year plans all those years ago there was a full on grey market for it. We would see people buy 10 - 15 in a go then do transfers to others. Later find out they were taking a 30% - 100% markup on every service.

Francisco

• Chinese, even on my free service. Even after marking virtually every order as fraud and not giving in to DDoS threats they are now emailing saying that they will give me a cut of whatever they make when reselling the accounts..

Thanked by (4)kkrajk vimalware Ouji wdmg
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Sounds like a sound business plan!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@Francisco said:

@mikho said: I just found out that some poor soul bought services for $15 when the value of the service was $9.

When we first started the $15/year plans all those years ago there was a full on grey market for it. We would see people buy 10 - 15 in a go then do transfers to others. Later find out they were taking a 30% - 100% markup on every service.

Francisco

I can somewhat understand that market since they were hard to get.
    Remeber the days where stock were released at a certain time and 2 minutes later, all gone.

In my case, there is still stock. Only reason I could think of was an knterest of keeping their details private.

• I think they are enjoying making deals. Even those deals are tiny and losing money.
    When I was a kid and playing MMORPG games. One of my favourite is buying and selling weapons and crystals. I can earn much more money if I spend those time on finish missions.

Action and Reaction in history

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@elliotc said:
    I think they are enjoying making deals. Even those deals are tiny and losing money.
    When I was a kid and playing MMORPG games. One of my favourite is buying and selling weapons and crystals. I can earn much more money if I spend those time on finish missions.

What do you have against the Finns?

• @SmallWeb said: Unless it's @Nick_A

:)

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection