Hosting/VPS for one site

Hi,

I need hosting or an VPS for one site. Low usuage (it's a gaming forum).

I do NOT want NVME or SSD or something since I need HDD space. The bigger the better.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

Comments

• you can request @Not_Oles

have fun

• hostworldhostworld Hosting Provider

Hi @serv_ee
    Is there a particular reason that you're against SSD storage? It operates in exactly the same way and is actually alot more reliable than traditional HDD drives.

If you're willing to consider SSD since it would be perfect for what you need please consider one of the following packages from us:
    VPS-0.5 - 512MB RAM, 1x CPU, 15GB SSD Space, FREE 45GB Backup Storage - £2.99 ($3.74) per month - Order Now

VPS-1 - 1GB RAM, 2x CPU, 30GB SSD Space, FREE 90GB Backup Storage - £3.99 ($4.98) per month - Order Now

We also have two VPS packages that are not shown on our website available that you may want to consider:
    LES 1 - 1GB RAM, 1x CPU, 20GB SSD Space, FREE 60GB Backup Storage - £3.69 ($4.61) per month - Order Now

LES 2 - 2GB RAM, 2x CPU, 30GB SSD Space, FREE 90GB Backup Storage - £5.59 ($6.98) per month - Order Now

Irrespective of which one you choose all VPS's come with:

• Unmetered Bandwidth
    • 1Gbps Uplink
    • 1x IPv4
    • IPv6 Support
    • KVM
    • Custom ISO support

We have other plans and more information available via our website http://hostworld.uk/ssd-vps.

For around the next 24 hours we're also adding an additional 15% extra RAM and 30% extra storage - FREE of charge on top of the standard resources, on us. We’ll manually add this to your VPS once it has been made live. Please make sure you select "Low End Spirit" in the "How did you hear about hostworld?" box when you sign up with us.
    If you have any queries let us know here or via PM :)

hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

• @serv_ee maybe @AnthonySmith can help you with hdd vps.

You can always get a vps from us and mount a storage vm locally via sshfs to get more storage :).

If @Francisco got stock, get a slice and add a slab.

Is there any specific storage amount you are after?

• @serv_ee said: gaming forum... need HDD space. The bigger the better.

DDOS protection?

@hostworld said: LES 2 - 2GB RAM, 2x CPU, 30GB SSD Space, FREE 90GB Backup Storage

Jeez what a spammy post. And usually these days when someone says they need big HDD, they want 100s or 1000s of GB, not 30GB.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

@willie said: Jeez what a spammy post. And usually these days when someone says they need big HDD, they want 100s or 1000s of GB, not 30GB.

The OP didn't say they want "big HDD" though did they? Not to mention that a typical a gaming forum would not need 1000s of GB. They said the bigger the better in general terms which is highly subjective given they did not specify in any way, shape or form the size of the HDD they had in mind.

hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

• @hostworld said:

@willie said: Jeez what a spammy post. And usually these days when someone says they need big HDD, they want 100s or 1000s of GB, not 30GB.

The OP didn't say they want "big HDD" though did they? Not to mention that a typical a gaming forum would not need 1000s of GB. They said the bigger the better in general terms which is highly subjective given they did not specify in any way, shape or form the size of the HDD they had in mind.

Well, he/she did mentioned that they don't want SSD storage (an generally, 30GB isn't considered big)

Lets see what the OP comes back with to understand just how big, "big" actually is. It's a relative term ;)

• edited April 2020

Hey, sorry I went missing.

The space is not only for the forum, hence why I mentioned I wouldnt want an SSD. I would "store" some of my own personal stuff (UE4 maps, decals and such) somewhere on it too. HDD space from 100GB would be ideal. DDOS protection isn't a must but I wouldn't say no either.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my first post, DA (or any other panel) would be a really good deal as well.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

If its about just hosting the you can check our shared hosting plans
    *5 Gb SSD
    *100 Gb bandwidth
    *Single domain
    5$ for a year (https://Khanwebhost.com/web_hosting.php)
    If you want VPS
    *10 Gb SSD
    *1 Gb ram
    * 1 vCPU
    *1Tb bandwidth
    *Free DDos protection
    3.50$/m

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

edited April 2020

@serv_ee said: HDD space from 100GB would be ideal. DDOS protection isn't a must but I wouldn't say no either.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my first post, DA

VPS-3 - 4GB RAM, 4x CPU, 100GB SSD Space - DirectAdmin - £14.98 ($18.73) per month - Order Now
    DDoS protection as standard & FREE 300GB Backup Storage
    If you want more than 100GB send me a PM with how much you want and I'll give you a bespoke deal.

Oh and as per the our promo in our sales thread, and if you order in the next 4 hours you'll get 15% more RAM and 30% more storage space completely free as long as you state when you place your order that you came from LES. That'll take you up to 130GB storage and 4.6GB RAM.

• Someone can lock this topic if that's necessary. Got what I needed from @hostworld :)

Thanked by (1)hostworld