Single Server Colo w/ 50TB only $69/Monthly | Dallas Full Cab Colo $499/Monthly

Fiberhub-BillyFiberhub-Billy Hosting Provider

Fiberhub's Single Server Colo is now only $69/Month in Las Vegas, Dallas, and Miami.
- 1U or 2U Server with 2A/120V Power
- GigE Port
- 50TB Bandwidth
- Free DDoS Protection
- Free IPMI Management Port

Dallas Full Cab with 1G Port - Only $499!!
Full Private Locking Cabinet + 20A/120V Power + 1G Unmetered Port:

• 20A/120V Power - (16A/2kW Useable Power)
  • 1000Mbps Unmetered Fiberhub Gold Bandwidth
  • Free DDoS Protection (40Gbps / 10Mpps)
  • Free /28 IP Allocation
  • Free Rack & Stack (First 30 Days)
  • Carrier Neutral
  • 24x7 Remote Hands

Only $499 Per Month + $0 Installation
12, 24 and 36-month terms available.

Email [email protected] or PM me with any questions or to order services.

Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle
Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting

Comments

• This is kind of interesting, especially if @Francisco still has servers for sale, that are already at Fiberhub LV.

• williewillie OG
    edited April 2020

@Francisco do you have any full racks of those E3 servers left, and would you up for selling one "complete"?

@Fiberhub-Billy would there be a way for a bunch of us here to split up a rack like that? We'd presumably need a /26 subnet and enough power and bandwidth to be able to use the rack, so it would cost more than $500 of course.

Others here: would anyone else be interested? I don't think I can be the one to manage this, but I could potentially be interersted in 1 server.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited April 2020

Good deal for a full cab and included gigabit.

@willie said:
    @Francisco do you have any full racks of those E3 servers left, and would you up for selling one "complete"?

He'd need to have all servers shipped from Vegas to Dallas since this deal is in Dallas. It would get kinda expensive probably.

Thanked by (1)willie

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @willie said:

@Fiberhub-Billy would there be a way for a bunch of us here to split up a rack like that? We'd presumably need a /26 subnet and enough power and bandwidth to be able to use the rack, so it would cost more than $500 of course.

Others here: would anyone else be interested? I don't think I can be the one to manage this, but I could potentially be interersted in 1 server.

Time to start your own dedicated server business sir!

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@seriesn said:
    Time to start your own dedicated server business sir!

He's too arrogant to install his own OS.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @willie said:

Would be interested, but iirc @Francisco is out of stock for those E3s?

• williewillie OG
    edited April 2020

Oh, I missed that the full rack offer is only in Dallas. Seriesn, yeah one way to do this (if the rack offer was in LV and the E3's were still available) would be to become a dedi host, but I had been imagining more like a shared colo rack. I can't be the one to finance or manage it, because of the usual constraints. It sounds like it can't happen anyway though. Oh well. The economics of colo are such that hosting a single slot colo server always costs more than renting a dedi. This might have been an interesting workaround.

Is there even such a thing as a 60 or 80 amp colo rack? That's what it would take to run a rack full of E3's or Ryzen's running flat out. I do have the impression that overselling colo or dedi electric power is a big no-no.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG
    edited April 2020

@seriesn said: Time to start your own dedicated server business sir!

We talked about it but I don't know the market well enough to want to deal with it. It's cut throat (more so than VPS) with far more costs than a single VPS node.

@willie said: @Francisco do you have any full racks of those E3 servers left, and would you up for selling one "complete"?

Sorta. I have 2 providers looking to buy it all but there's some final disagreements to get through. I'll obviously work something out for anyone wanting to colocate with Fiberhub (especially if it's in Vegas). Fiberhub has offered either a half off month if not a free month to anyone that was buying these and staying inhouse.

As of right now I have 2 providers wanting to buy 80, and another couple wanting 40.

Francisco

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@willie said:
    Others here: would anyone else be interested? I don't think I can be the one to manage this, but I could potentially be interested in 1 server.

Great idea Willie! Maybe I could manage it? So, maybe we could get a LES cabinet somewhere?

I have an offer of a free 42U cabinet with redundant 20 amp 208 volt power and 1Gbps on a GigE. For this offer, I need somebody who has their own ASN and address space, knows how to run BGP, and will install a "real router" (Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Extreme, Microtik, Ubiquiti).

Alternatively, if a few friends not blessed with ASNs and address space want to split it with me, the offer currently on the table is $400 per month for 42U, 15 amp 120 volt, 1 Gbps on a GigE. Maybe I could get the offer down to $200.

Maybe Fiberhub might want to work with us? But before I take Fiberhub's and my other data center friend's time with further negotiations, there would need to be a few people here who want to pay, for example, $100 per month each.

What do you think guys? Anybody with an ASN looking for a new home? Anybody willing to pay $50 or $100 per month for a share of a 42U? Thanks!

Thanked by (1)AK_KWH

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• williewillie OG
    edited April 2020

@Not_Oles said: free 42U cabinet with redundant 20 amp 208 volt power and 1Gbps on a GigE

This is way too suspicious, it's got to be around $1000 a month minimum. How could it possibly last? $400/m for a rack with 15 amp 120v is semi-believable (the 1gbps is suspicious) but that's nowhere near enough power for 42 servers.

I have some interest in principle in 1 server, and am good at coding if that can help make stuff work, but I don't know much about network ops, BGP, etc. Also I'm kind of broke at least for the moment, so can't front cash for much equipment. Maybe the idea has possibilities even if the current opportunity passes. Something else will come up sooner or later.

Also for that many servers we probably want 10 gbit or better. On the other hand, this being LES, maybe we don't need much ipv4. I'm cool with NAT/ipv6 which is how this place got started after all.

• Are you guys talking about the $235 ones?

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• Fiberhub-BillyFiberhub-Billy Hosting Provider

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. I didn't have email alerts set up and didn't notice all of these comments until now. I am going to go through and answer all of your questions.

Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

@willie said:

Others here: would anyone else be interested? I don't think I can be the one to manage this, but I could potentially be interested in 1 server.

We require contracts for our racks...so one person would have to sign the contract and be financially responsible for making the monthly fees, we can't be in a position to try and collect a partial payment from multiple parties. But you are definitely free to work amongst yourselves on how to make that work.

I do also have 1/4 and 1/2 cabinets if that works better for anyone. Just contact me directly if you would like any details on those.

@MikeA said:
    Good deal for a full cab and included gigabit.

@willie said:

He'd need to have all servers shipped from Vegas to Dallas since this deal is in Dallas. It would get kinda expensive probably.

I would be happy to quote anyone out on Las Vegas, but this promo is Dallas only and Las Vegas is slightly more expensive. If you bought enough servers from @Francisco you could have them palletized and shipped via freight. The shipping would definitely come out less per server then sending them individually via UPS.

@willie said:
    Oh, I missed that the full rack offer is only in Dallas. Seriesn, yeah one way to do this (if the rack offer was in LV and the E3's were still available) would be to become a dedi host, but I had been imagining more like a shared colo rack. I can't be the one to finance or manage it, because of the usual constraints. It sounds like it can't happen anyway though. Oh well. The economics of colo are such that hosting a single slot colo server always costs more than renting a dedi. This might have been an interesting workaround.

Is there even such a thing as a 60 or 80 amp colo rack? That's what it would take to run a rack full of E3's or Ryzen's running flat out. I do have the impression that overselling colo or dedi electric power is a big no-no.

Each of our locations is different. In Dallas, we can do up to 20kW per rack. That would the equivalent of 4 x 30A/208v (5kW) drops. In Las Vegas I can do between 6kW and 10kW per cabinet.

@Not_Oles said:

@willie said:

Great idea Willie! Maybe I could manage it? So, maybe we could get a LES cabinet somewhere?

I have an offer of a free 42U cabinet with redundant 20 amp 208 volt power and 1Gbps on a GigE. For this offer, I need somebody who has their own ASN and address space, knows how to run BGP, and will install a "real router" (Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Extreme, Microtik, Ubiquiti).

Alternatively, if a few friends not blessed with ASNs and address space want to split it with me, the offer currently on the table is $400 per month for 42U, 15 amp 120 volt, 1 Gbps on a GigE. Maybe I could get the offer down to $200.

Maybe Fiberhub might want to work with us? But before I take Fiberhub's and my other data center friend's time with further negotiations, there would need to be a few people here who want to pay, for example, $100 per month each.

What do you think guys? Anybody with an ASN looking for a new home? Anybody willing to pay $50 or $100 per month for a share of a 42U? Thanks!

I can PM you a quote for a Full Cabinet with redundant 20A/208V + 1Gbps. What location would you be interested in for this? It would definitely be more expensive than the promo as you are jumping from 2kW non-redundant to 3.3kW redundant power.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Fiberhub-Billy said:

@Not_Oles said:

@willie said:

I can PM you a quote for a Full Cabinet with redundant 20A/208V + 1Gbps. What location would you be interested in for this? It would definitely be more expensive than the promo as you are jumping from 2kW non-redundant to 3.3kW redundant power.

@Fiberhub-Billy Thanks for your willingness to quote! I definitely would say "Sure!" but none of the other LES folks except @willie have as yet suggested to me that they might want to join. Nevertheless, I do look forward to doing something like this in the future! Meanwhile, I wish you all the very best!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@Not_Oles said:
    @Fiberhub-Billy Thanks for your willingness to quote! I definitely would say "Sure!" but none of the other LES folks except @willie have as yet suggested to me that they might want to join. Nevertheless, I do look forward to doing something like this in the future! Meanwhile, I wish you all the very best!

Thanks! We also do 1/4 and 1/2 cabs if that helps at all.

• What does power end up costing per amp at either LV or Dallas? I still have some interest in this but have never really understood the economics. I know some EU datacenters are able to bill power by the KWH. I think that is rare in the US though.

Sorry that I missed your last post Willie. We aren't able to meter power unless we are talking about larger commitments. However, all of our circuit pricing is based on the same per kW price.

In most locations, we offer 2kW, 3kW, 3.3kW, and 5kW circuits for full cabs, and we can offer smaller power allotments on fractional cabinets.