Degoo 10TB Storage for 99$ Lifetime Deal

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

I know, Degoo is shit and all. But you can currently get 10TB Lifetime Cloud Storage for 99$:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/degoo-premium-lifetime-backup-plans-10tb

Thanked by (2)vyas schnafi

Comments

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

I'm always afraid of buying a lifetime deal. I have all these negative thoughts of someone trying to get the company up and running again by adding some fast cash and then it goes tits up in a year or so.

Not saying it is like that in this case, it is just my negative chicken thoughts :bleep_bloop:

Thanked by (4)Ympker WSS lentro pepa65

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@mikho said:
    I'm always afraid of buying a lifetime deal. I have all these negative thoughts of someone trying to get the company up and running again by adding some fast cash and then it goes tits up in a year or so.

Not saying it is like that in this case, it is just my negative chicken thoughts :bleep_bloop:

Can't blame you. Koofr lifetime 1TB was the first lifetime storage deal I bought and I was also very reluctant. 1TB was 79$ back then. This one is 99$ for 10TB... Fact is though, Degoo has been around for a while, too now.

That being said I bought lots of lifetime deals non storage related and am very happy (VPNs, ElegantThemes, Affinity Designer/Photo, SmartDNS..)

• Is there a possibility to mount the storage in linux? I haven't found a way after some quick research.. Only via their apps/website

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

There is one good lifetime cloud storage deal I missed out on - pCloud with Crypto- when it was under 90 US Dollars or so. Glad to see they still exist, sad that I missed out.

We used a few lifetime storage deals over the years (seven at the last count). The reason is

Earlier we used to allow narrators and editors to use any uploading service (hey, Multcloud was free and allowed unlimited transfers)

Compared to the cost of creating over 300 hours of audio library (original content) the investment in cloud storage is minimal.

Only one crapped out- zoolz. The reason is that they changed their TOS. They still operate but I no longer use them. A Tb each of cold and hot storage

Now we have settled on Koofr and a media storage service, the deals no longer appeal. But those who are looking for storage, great deal.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited April 2020

@vyas said:
    There is one good lifetime cloud storage deal I missed out on - pCloud with Crypto- when it was under 90 US Dollars or so. Glad to see they still exist, sad that I missed out.

We used a few lifetime storage deals over the years (seven at the last count). The reason is

Earlier we used to allow narrators and editors to use any uploading service (hey, Multcloud was free and allowed unlimited transfers)

Compared to the cost of creating over 300 hours of audio library (original content) the investment in cloud storage is minimal.

Only one crapped out- zoolz. The reason is that they changed their TOS. They still operate but I no linger use them. A Tb each of cold and hot storage

Now we have settled on Koofr and a media storage service, the deals no longer appeal. But those who are looking for storage, great deal.

pCloud is definitely very positive connotated afaik. I also am fine with Koofr 1TB atm)(11% usage) but for anyone else Degoo could just be fine.

This doesn't sound bad either:
    https://help.degoo.com/support/solutions/articles/77000065516-top-secret-zero-knowledge-storage

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Degoo has a bad rep because of the crypto mining or some other shit they run (or used to run) in the free 100 gb account.

Paid plans might be a different story. They have been on Stacksocial for quite some time now, that might be my other concern- not finding enough paid subscribers

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:
    Degoo has a bad rep because of the crypto mining or some other shit they run (or used to run) in the free 100 gb account.

Paid plans might be a different story. They have been on Stacksocial for quite some time now, that might be my other concern- not finding enough paid subscribers

Koofr definitely looks more trustworthy :)

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

@mikho said:
    I'm always afraid of buying a lifetime deal.

This scares me too but still, I tried some of the tools from app sumo and they work perfectly fine for me.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• @someshzade said:

@mikho said:

This scares me too but still, I tried some of the tools from app sumo and they work perfectly fine for me.

Show me your Appsumo list and I will show you mine :-)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:

@someshzade said:

@mikho said:

I shall be your guide.

• someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG
    edited April 2020

@vyas said:

@someshzade said:

@mikho said:

Recently I bought 2 useful.

• Depositphotos (For stock images for kind of graphics stuff, which I often post on social media handles)
    • Thechecker(To verify email list).
    • HelloWoofy (didn't find useful for me)

So, far I just loved thechecker and helped me to clean so many mailing lists. This is my 3 product relationship with appsumo :3

Edit 2 : I have 100,000 credit left in thechecker, dm me if anyone want to clean email lists.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

I dont understand the business logic here

the service is the type that has recurrent costs (space,electricity , network equipment) so even if every user used 1TB only with enough time this will turn out to be loss lead

So what is the idea here from the perspective of the companies that do these offers ?

are they trying to get client base that they can upsell them some services in the future ? and if this is the plan what gurutee that they will get enough users to sign up for those services ?

When ever I see those deals I always wish to understand the logic of how the offer is profitable to them .

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@servarica_hani said:
    When ever I see those deals I always wish to understand the logic of how the offer is profitable to them .

It's either for an immediate cash infusion (they're failing), or they want to use it as a way to trampoline themselves into the spotlight and possibly get some better upgrades/purchases down the road - like GoDaddy selling a $3.99 .COM and then making you click through 50,000 pages of upsales before you checkout.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Apparently it’s an Swedish company.
    In these Corona times, my suspicion is to bring in a larger client base to upsell to investors and then make it possible to sell for more then we can imagine.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

Deal Aggregators- Stacksocial, Appsumo, etc... charge as much as 75-90 % commission, depending on the price of the LT plan.
    The gain for the (typically) SAAS company is PR, and as @mikho mentioned, the end goal is to show a larger base of paying customers to investors.

Look at Invideo for example:
    https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/invideo

They have been listed on Appsumo for nearly 1 year now. Ballpark sales: over 10,000. Money wise, they made nearly zilch. But that is one year of visibility, 10 K new customers (weigh the commission against the free PR value, bloggers talking about the product, reviewers making YouTube video...)

The Venture funding was AFTER the listing - it might have been a pre condition from the VC to reach a milestone of number of users.

Another example is Publist/ Rethink. They had a Lifetime offer starting $ 70 or so for 500 GB first on Pitchground; and now on Stacksocial. In between the two offers, they raised a seed round. Again, the LT listings and new customers could be a pre requirement for the funding.

A tangential argument could be made as follows: How do you double your sales in 1 year? Acquire a similar sized company.... rarely any mergers work well (remember HP/Compaq or AOL/Time Warner) Similarly, rarely any LT deals make money for the entrepreneur. But the long term value could be immense.

edited April 2020

Someone on the other forum bought it (quote) :

I purchased a life-time 10TB plan for $99. I am now uploading my desktop backup image of 101GB. The speed is constantly around 250Mbps (it is more stable than any other cloud storage service providers I have like google, ms one drive, etc. One thing that took more than usual was preparing to uploading for a big file like this one. I believe it took about 10 minutes or so to prepare to upload a 101GB file ( Is it a security checking). I will let you know if the speed gets slowed or if I encounter any other problems.

If it's not a shill (user joined 2018) that's good tbh. Although Degoo has gotten some bad reviews I don't necessarily LTD products are worse than subscription based ones or other. Like @vyas said there are different reasons to launch LTD campaigns.. Not all are bad :)

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Is it possible to read/write to this via a mount or something i can abuse (API?)

edited April 2020

@foxone said:
    Is it possible to read/write to this via a mount or something i can abuse (API?)

Unfortunately, most of these high storage for low money are not designed to be used comfortably to avoid ppl uploading lots of content. Still they can very well be worth it. Maybe best is contact them.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas said:
    Deal Aggregators- Stacksocial, Appsumo, etc... charge as much as 75-90 % commission, depending on the price of the LT plan.
    The gain for the (typically) SAAS company is PR, and as @mikho mentioned, the end goal is to show a larger base of paying customers to investors.

They have been listed on Appsumo for nearly 1 year now. Ballpark sales: over 10,000. Money wise, they made nearly zilch. But that is one year of visibility, 10 K new customers (weigh the commission against the free PR value, bloggers talking about the product, reviewers making YouTube video...)

The Venture funding was AFTER the listing - it might have been a pre condition from the VC to reach a milestone of number of users.

Another example is Publist/ Rethink. They had a Lifetime offer starting $ 70 or so for 500 GB first on Pitchground; and now on Stacksocial. In between the two offers, they raised a seed round. Again, the LT listings and new customers could be a pre requirement for the funding.

A tangential argument could be made as follows: How do you double your sales in 1 year? Acquire a similar sized company.... rarely any mergers work well (remember HP/Compaq or AOL/Time Warner) Similarly, rarely any LT deals make money for the entrepreneur. But the long term value could be immense.

The is by far one of the best answers I read

Finally something that never made sense to me is now making more sense

Although the case here is a bit more dangerous for the company making the offer
    As in inVideo case the cost does not scale linearly with more users
    actually if we plot the cost graph it will look like it will become stable after X number of users with almost no increase
    something like this (ignore the axis just a graph i found online)

the case for Publist is that their offer is not pure infra (they are offering a service above it ) and the infra part of the offer is small (the storage is not much and they can sill be afloat for years base on the storage cost alone)

but in the case of Degoo the is pure storage offer (no added services) the cost is linear function of the number of users
    the more users you get the more the cost is (the graph looks like this)
    (ignore the axis just a graph i found online)

and for an offer that has cost graph that is linear it is still too risky offer as they are basically losing from their pockets the more users they get and if they didnt get funding in time they will deadpool much faster than the ones with non linear cost graphs

Thanked by (4)vyas g4m3r Ympker bigmac42

@servarica_hani said:

@vyas said:

The is by far one of the best answers I read

Finally something that never made sense to me is now making more sense

Although the case here is a bit more dangerous for the company making the offer
    As in inVideo case the cost does not scale linearly with more users
    actually if we plot the cost graph it will look like it will become stable after X number of users with almost no increase
    something like this (ignore the axis just a graph i found online)

the case for Publist is that their offer is not pure infra (they are offering a service above it ) and the infra part of the offer is small (the storage is not much and they can sill be afloat for years base on the storage cost alone)

but in the case of Degoo the is pure storage offer (no added services) the cost is linear function of the number of users
    the more users you get the more the cost is (the graph looks like this)
    (ignore the axis just a graph i found online)

and for an offer that has cost graph that is linear it is still too risky offer as they are basically losing from their pockets the more users they get and if they didnt get funding in time they will deadpool much faster than the ones with non linear cost graphs

This is actually a pretty cool sumnary. Thanks! Let's also not forget the likes of ElegantThemes (Divi WordPress Theme) lifetime deals. Sure, they are developing it on-going and give "support". However, more users don't equate to much of a loss. They'd still do the same stuff. With Degoo and also 1Fichier etc I believe the key point is that they make uploading "harder" (Although if you know your ways in 1Fichier it's quite good tbh). With 1Fichier for 15€/year you could get unlimited hot storage. So you could upload 10TB within 60 days. They are still around because not everybody does that. With Degoo it's probably similar. LTDs boost publicity and a nice cash flow.

Thanked by (1)servarica_hani