Hetzner

Guess who I just saw? @Hetzner_Online

Welcome! Which lovely lady might it be?

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Comments

• Hetzner is in the house! Hetzner is in the house!!!

Welcome!!!

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

Unconfirmed email so far, could be a troll.

@Amitz do you spell marketing as marketting in German for any reason, if not either its a typo which is why they could not confirm their email or its a troll, additionally its from a residential ISP.

Sorry for disappoint, hope to be wrong.

Thanked by (3)Amitz uptime Janevski

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• No. It's "Marketing" if it's legit. So probably a troll...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

I don't know a single person at hetzner, not even a little bit so I cant reach out, if anyone has any method of finding out that would be good, if not, I will retire it and probably edit the username.

• Their handle is Hetzner_OL everywhere so I'm afraid it's a troll.

• Or just confirm by messaging the one on LET.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

deleted account.

• No worries, they will come here sooner or later! B)

• There's not a small risk that trolls will adopt some well-known usernames from LET, but I don't think that the impersonation of a provider should be allowed

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:
    There's not a small risk that trolls will adopt some well-known usernames from LET, but I don't think that the impersonation of a provider should be allowed

Neither does Anthony ;)

AnthonySmith said: deleted account.

Thanked by (2)angstrom mikho
  • @Solaire said: Neither does Anthony ;)

Yeah, I had noticed that. I was just thinking out loud, making a general statement :)

Thanked by (2)Solaire mikho

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I'm not the real SmallWeb, either. Woops.

Thanked by (2)angstrom uptime
  • @SmallWeb said:
    I'm not the real SmallWeb, either. Woops.

We'll get you yet!

Still waiting for someone to impersonate @Mic-hael

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

@AnthonySmith - I put in a ticket with their sales department a couple days ago, requesting that they forward news of this here funky fresh new forum with a cordial invitation to Katie and Julia (their social media team).

When I get a chance to login to my Hetzner account I'll be sure to check in on what the status of the ticket might be now :)

EDIT:

No response yet via the "official support robot" channel. My ticket was as follows:

Hello - if you could be so kind as to please pass this message along to Katie and
    Julia (your social media people) - thank you!

A large crowd of VPS fans has gathered at the new forum talk.lowendspirit.com - and
    people are asking about Hetzner.

For example - https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/2203/#Comment_2203

Whenever you have a chance, If you might find the time to stop by and say hello, I am
    sure that it would a cause for much rejoicing.

Cheers!

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• edited November 2019

Katie has a direct contact email. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but she seemed familiar from interviews on Hetzner youtube.
    https://www.hetzner.com/newsroom

Thanked by (2)uptime Hetzner_OL
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

I've had some correspondence with both Katie and Julia via PM on HB in the past (discussing the mysterious routing and eventual appearance of some Hetzner stickers they sent me IRL). So I'm comfortable reaching out with a PM there as well just to check if it was one of them who registered here.

EDIT: sent this PM on HB

Hello Katie and Julia - over at the new lowendspirit forum (https://talk.lowendspirit.com) there is some confusion about a recently registered account named Hetzner_Online - and that account got deleted only because it wasn't clear that it was one of you. I'm hoping that it was, and that you'll give it another try soon! Or if it wasn't you then please do let me know, and if any questions about the new forum, etc.

Cheers!

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

This got me on a tangent thinking if we would be able to identify each other through our mannerisms if we had all joined here under pseudonyms.

I feel like I'd be able to pin about 3 people if it were the case. #uptime

Thanked by (2)poisson ITLabs
  • Let's hope the real hetzner pops in soon enough!

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• What can I say?

Hetzner.

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• Hetzner.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Hetzner then.

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• This forum is not complete without Hetzner.

• Please, I need Heinz.

• Has anyone mentioned Hetzner?

• merketing

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL
  • DAE Hetzner?

could the real @Hetzner_OL please stand up!

• @Hetzner_OL here we go!

Thanked by (2)ITLabs Hetzner_OL
  • Looks like we are having a nice influx this hour! Katie or Julia?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

Hi everyone,
    It was indeed me who tried to create that account. There are one or two places where we our username from the marketing team is "Hetzner_Online" rather than "Hetzner_OL". I am a terrible typer when I'm rushed and misspelled "marketting". Sorry for the confusion. So I created a new account today, and here I am. (Katie) Things are a bit busy at the moment since Julia decided to go back to school. So it will just be me doing social media for at least the next few weeks. Thus me typing too quickly. ;)
    I'm happy to be here and to get such a warm welcome!

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.