Backblaze B2 now supports S3 API

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze-b2-s3-compatible-api/

Well, this may be a game changer, and maybe better than Wasabi if you don’t need (kind of)unlimited transfer and multiple regions.

Thanked by (1)Emmet

Comments

• @sanvit said:
    https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze-b2-s3-compatible-api/

Well, this may be a game changer, and maybe better than Wasabi if you don’t need (kind of)unlimited transfer and multiple regions.

Backblaze's bandwidth policy annoys me. They have TONS of extra bandwidth yet enforce strict outbound pricing on their B2 service. But they play themselves off as being consumer friendly.

• @sureiam said: Backblaze's bandwidth policy annoys me. They have TONS of extra bandwidth yet enforce strict outbound pricing on their B2 service. But they play themselves off as being consumer friendly.

If you're trying to access public buckets, you can pull outbound for free via Cloudflare's Bandwidth Alliance using rclone.

• @Emmet said:

@sureiam said: Backblaze's bandwidth policy annoys me. They have TONS of extra bandwidth yet enforce strict outbound pricing on their B2 service. But they play themselves off as being consumer friendly.

If you're trying to access public buckets, you can pull outbound for free via Cloudflare's Bandwidth Alliance using rclone.

Yea I looked into that with packet actually as a cheap blockish storage. Works pretty well there although it was scary seeing the usage before it was credited back.

Saw cloudflare option is useful for hosting purposes but I don't like keeping buckets public.

• @sureiam said:

@Emmet said:

@sureiam said: Backblaze's bandwidth policy annoys me. They have TONS of extra bandwidth yet enforce strict outbound pricing on their B2 service. But they play themselves off as being consumer friendly.

Yea I looked into that with packet actually as a cheap blockish storage. Works pretty well there although it was scary seeing the usage before it was credited back.

Saw cloudflare option is useful for hosting purposes but I don't like keeping buckets public.

Just curious, what did you run for block storage?

• @wdmg said:

@sureiam said:

@Emmet said:

Just curious, what did you run for block storage?

A storage KVM solution that solution is backed up via crashplan. I know crashplan isn't the best but it's cheap above 2tb.

Thanked by (1)Emmet