Looking for shared hosting in Western Europe

debaserdebaser OG
edited May 2020 in Requests

I’m currently looking for a shared hosting account to replace a VM on which I host 9 websites (for myself, friends and family).

I’m basically switching to shared hosting because I don’t want to maintain a webserver anymore. Don’t have time for this. I want it to be set and forget for myself. I’m looking for a reliable hoster that has been in business for a while.

Specs:

• Storage: at least 100GB SSD
  • >= 100% CPU
  • >= 2GB mem
  • >= 25 MB/s IO
  • >= 10 websites (as in: domains)

Budget: 10 EUR/month

• Can be reseller, but it doesn’t have to.
  • Any control panel goes as long it’s got the basic functionality.
  • There isn’t much traffic on these sites, so I suppose anything goes.
  • Some hosting providers (for instance Netcup) limit the add-on domains to domains that are registered with them. Logically I don’t want that.

I was looking at ALL-INKL as per @Ympker’s list, but they don’t really communicate their resources.

Edited to include the budget

Thanked by (2)Ympker WSS

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2020

@debaser said:
    I’m currently looking for a shared hosting account to replace a VM on which I host 9 websites (for myself, friends and family).

I’m basically switching to shared hosting because I don’t want to maintain a webserver anymore. Don’t have time for this. I want it to be set and forget for myself. I’m looking for a reliable hoster that has been in business for a while.

Specs:

• Storage: at least 100GB SSD
    • >= 100% CPU
    • >= 2GB mem
    • >= 25 MB/s IOPS
    • >= 10 websites (as in: domains)

• Can be reseller, but it doesn’t have to.

• Any control panel goes as long it’s got the basic functionality.
    • There isn’t much traffic on these sites, so I suppose anything goes.
    • Some hosting providers (for instance Netcup) limit the add-on domains to domains that are registered with them. Logically I don’t want that.

I was looking at ALL-INKL as per @Ympker’s list, but they don’t really communicate their resources.

All-Inkl is one of the providers that just work tbh. I can't tell you the limits myself. I never had an issue with them regarding limits. Probably due to them not using cPanel/DA and probably not even CL it's not common for them to mention any. They have a free test account though so you can give them a trial without risk (iirc it was self-terminating). Edit: Yes, it is self-terminating (ends 1 week).

About this: Some hosting providers (for instance Netcup) limit the add-on domains to domains that are registered with them. Logically I don’t want that. best open a support ticket/e-mail would be best since I don't remember tbh. I know the pita of netcup shared so I get you. Back when I used All-Inkl I used their 3 included domains so I didn't have the issue with external addon domains back then but it shouldn't be a problem I guess :)

That being said, all hate aside: HostMantis is what I am currently using and what has been stable ever since it started (website performance wise, not the company and what they have been doing in the past).

If you don't wanna use HM, Ramnode Reseller (100GB, 8$/mo cPanel) has served me well, too.

Also how to cancel your contract in case you sign up with them and use them for a while then wanna cancel: https://all-inkl.com/wichtig/anleitungen/verwaltung/vertrag/kuendigung/kuendigen_141.html . Just thought I'd post this since cancelling with German providers can be "fun" for foreigners :)

Hope I could help @debaser :)

Cheers,
    Ympker

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited May 2020

Thanks @Ympker! I’m applying for a test account at ALL-INKL and put Ramnode on the list.

Just thought I'd post this since cancelling with German providers can be "fun" for foreigners :)

Yeah well, I’m Dutch and as we sometimes say “we’re more German than Germans” I know more than enough about contracts and canceling them in time. The few Dutch low end hosts are more relaxed, but the mainstream providers are as strict with this as their German counterparts ;).

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@debaser said:
    Thanks @Ympker! I’m applying for a test account at ALL-INKL and put Ramnode on the list.

Just thought I'd post this since cancelling with German providers can be "fun" for foreigners :)

Yeah well, I’m Dutch and as we sometimes say “we’re more German than Germans” I know more than enough about contracts and canceling them in time. The few Dutch low end hostess are more relaxed, but the mainstream providers are as strict with this as their German counterparts ;).

Hehe glad to hear that :) Gl!

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG
    edited May 2020

Hi,
    Currently i can offer In Cluj-napoca but can offer you in germany as well but after 5 days
    If you are happy with reseller hosting there here is our plans for reseller hosting which is closed enough to your budget if its a little bit more then i shoot me a pm i will adjust the price ❤️

https://khanwebhost.com/reseller-hosting.php

If you wants to go with shared hosting
    I will charge 8.50$/m with

100Gb SSD
    Unlimited domain host
    Unlimited database
    Unlimited bandwidth
    Panel DirectAdmin
    Free migration

For order signup and let me know your email i will add it in your account

CloudLinux limits for shared hosting:

150% CPU
    2GB RAM
    4096 IOPs
    10MB/s Disk
    80 Entry Processes
    200 Processes

Forget to mention
    Free Mxroute Email hosting for your 5 domains with 2Gb storage :)

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Ympker said: That being said, all hate aside: HostMantis is what I am currently using and what has been stable ever since it started (website performance wise, not the company and what they have been doing in the past).

Only coming up on 3 months but I can second this so far. Responsive support to be fair as well.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @debaser What's up boss, I think and I strongly think I can take care of you :), Maybe a customized version of our reseller 100G with some extra love and care ;) ?

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee debaser
  • Good options posted so far, to complete the list

@MikePT had an offer recently for shared hosting I believe in your price range (Hetzner, DE)

@hello was planning to start a new shared hosting offer (also Hetzner)

You have a problem of plenty with good guys for the service/geography you are looking for, best wishes.

Thanked by (2)Ympker MikePT
  • @seriesn said:
    @debaser What's up boss, I think and I strongly think I can take care of you :), Maybe a customized version of our reseller 100G with some extra love and care ;) ?

Kind offer, but the bespoke boutique hosting might be a bit too expensive for what I'm looking for at the moment. Thanks anyway!

@vyas said:
    You have a problem of plenty with good guys for the service/geography you are looking for, best wishes.

That's one of the problems, although I'm a bit limited because of my storage needs. Just saw @MikePT's offer expired yesterday. Too bad. But I know it's just a matter of wating before it returns.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • hostworldhostworld Hosting Provider
    edited May 2020

Hello @debaser

Take a look at our hosting packages here https://hostworld.uk/web-hosting

Our Advanced package comes with:

100 GB SSD Storage Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Addon Domains, Email, MYSQL etc
    cPanel Control Panel
    LiteSpeed
    100% CPU
    2GB RAM
    30 MB/s IO

£4.99/month or £49.95/year (2 months free if paid annually). If that package meets your requirements you can order here https://portal.hostworld.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=5&promocode=50HOSTING

Let me know if you have any questions :)

hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

edited May 2020

@debaser said:

@seriesn said:
    @debaser What's up boss, I think and I strongly think I can take care of you :), Maybe a customized version of our reseller 100G with some extra love and care ;) ?

Kind offer, but the bespoke boutique hosting might be a bit too expensive for what I'm looking for at the moment. Thanks anyway!

@vyas said:

That's one of the problems, although I'm a bit limited because of my storage needs. Just saw @MikePT's offer expired yesterday. Too bad. But I know it's just a matter of wating before it returns.

@MikePT is also a good pick :) Pick your poison. My favourites are still All-Inkl (solid, great phone support, great overall support reply times back when I used them, great performance, nice amount of free domains included in contracts that can be cancelled month to month...) , Ramnode (for stability, performance, support and cPanel) and HostMantis (for performance and my dirt cheap 24$/year 25GB SSD cPanel Reseller with Daily backups and swift speed. Can't argue with that).

Sorry @MikePT ;) Not to say you are bad or anything. Just that the 3 aforementioned have some extra crême and I still prefer cPanel (not cPanel pricing though!) over DA.

Thanked by (3)vyas MikePT Nick_A
  • @Ympker said:

@MikePT is also a good pick :) Pick your poison. My favourites are still All-Inkl (solid, great phone support, great overall support reply times back when I used them, great performance, nice amount of free domains included in contracts that can be cancelled month to month...) , Ramnode (for stability, performance, support and cPanel) and HostMantis (for performance and my dirt cheap 24$/year 25GB SSD cPanel Reseller with Daily backups and swift speed. Can't argue with that).

Sorry @MikePT ;) Not to say you are bad or anything. Just that the 3 aforementioned have some extra crême and I still prefer cPanel (not cPanel pricing though!) over DA.

I missed the Hostmantis mention. Didn't realize that they have a DE location. For all their Errors and Omissions, good service still.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited May 2020

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

I missed the Hostmantis mention. Didn't realize that they have a DE location. For all their Errors and Omissions, good service still.

Yup. Although they switched DE from Hetzner to OVH, I believe. But haven't noticed much of a performance change tbh. A little perhaps. I think it wasn't due to performance or pricing but Hetzner vs OVHs abuse handling iirc. Could be wrong though.

• @hostworld said: Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for your reply. Do you offer SSH acces with shared hosting? It's nice to have (not must have), but most providers on my shortlist offer this.

• hostworldhostworld Hosting Provider
    edited May 2020

@debaser said:

@hostworld said: Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for your reply. Do you offer SSH acces with shared hosting? It's nice to have (not must have), but most providers on my shortlist offer this.

No worries. It’s not something we include with our packages as standard but if there’s justification we can allow jailed SSH access. If you decide to go with us just pop a ticket into technical support and we’ll be able to sort it for you.

hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

• MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Ympker said:

@debaser said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

cPanel /coughs :P

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @debaser said: Kind offer, but the bespoke boutique hosting might be a bit too expensive for what I'm looking for at the moment. Thanks anyway!

>
    I did say something custom ;). Shoot me a pm and you will be taken cared off :)

• @vyas said:

@Ympker said:

Didn't they migrate from HZ to OVH?

• @seriesn said:

Didn't they migrate from HZ to OVH?

Yup @Ympker mentioned that as well earlier in this thread.

Thanked by (3)vimalware Ympker seriesn
  • @seriesn said:
    I did say something custom ;). Shoot me a pm and you will be taken cared off :)

I must've read over that. PM coming in ;-).

• I've chosen for Deutsche gründlichkeit with All-Inkl.com. Contacted their support mail twice with some questions about the offer and got a reply in 3 and 8 minutes. Server speed is also very fast, at least to The Netherlands and Belgium.

The other options I explored were very good as well. I looked at Ramnode, Nexusbytes and Hostworld as well and they were all very close together.

And, as I already told the unsurpassed @seriesn in private: I've already got multiple VM's and shared hosting at Nexusbytes. There's also too much concentration.

Thanked by (3)hostworld Ympker seriesn
    edited May 2020

@debaser said:
    I've chosen for Deutsche gründlichkeit with All-Inkl.com. Contacted their support mail twice with some questions about the offer and got a reply in 3 and 8 minutes. Server speed is also very fast, at least to The Netherlands and Belgium.

The other options I explored were very good as well. I looked at Ramnode, Nexusbytes and Hostworld as well and they were all very close together.

And, as I already told the unsurpassed @seriesn in private: I've already got multiple VM's and shared hosting at Nexusbytes. There's also too much concentration.

All-Inkl is premium. Their phone support is great, too :)

• webmashwebmash Services Provider

@vyas said:
    Good options posted so far, to complete the list

@MikePT had an offer recently for shared hosting I believe in your price range (Hetzner, DE)

@hello was planning to start a new shared hosting offer (also Hetzner)

We've got UK, DE , FI - happy to help. Thanks for the mention. :)

Thanked by (1)MikePT
  • HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider
    edited September 2020

HostSlick's cpanel Hosting maybe?
    https://hostslick.com/web-hosting.php

starting at only 15€/year.

thanks.

@vncoupon said:
    @HostSlick
    Can you check my ticket? #180411

Can you pm me? I dont see this one in Open ones. Maybe someone else replied already?

thanbks.

• @HostSlick said:

@vncoupon said:
    @HostSlick

Can you pm me? I dont see this one in Open ones. Maybe someone else replied already?

thanbks.

Sent! Thank!

@vncoupon said:

@HostSlick said:

@vncoupon said:
    @HostSlick

thanbks.

Sent! Thank!

This will be handled as said in pm.
    PM paypal account email and we even sent 30USD affiliate instead of : 22.02 USD
    sorry, we where scheduling this for 15th. this time we are busy and late. lol

• Guys this is a 4 month old thread and I don’t really need all these notifications :#

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited September 2020

@debaser said:
    Guys this is a 4 month old thread and I don’t really need all these notifications :#

I still ocassionally get an alert on the other forum in some "recommended indian hosting" thread from years ago. Ever so often someone replies and I get tagged through quote.

• @Ympker said:

I still ocassionally get an alert on the other forum in some "recommended indian hosting" thread from years ago. Ever so often someone replies and I get tagged through quote.

So, which is the recommended Indian Hosting?

Thanked by (1)Ympker