I am going to try CloudFare!

I am thinking to start using CloudFare.I have read few reviews saying their websites actually became slower after youing cloudflare. Anyone got any negative result from cloudflare?

Please share your personal experiences.

Comments

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

CloudFlare caches static content, so if your site heavily relies on dynamic content, CloudFlare might slow down your site, as it would add a middleman between the server and the user. Also, if you do not receive many site views, CloudFlare might not cache your site, resulting in a small delay when someone opens your website.

Overall, though, I feel CloudFlare's advantages far outweigh its disadvantages, especially on larger websites.

Thanked by (1)AK_KWH
  • Welcome to the cloudy side.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• We have been using cloudflare for a few months. Cant say I see any slow downs but it is nice for a quick dns propagation turn around also a decent firewall.

Thanked by (1)imok
  • Thanks for sharing your opinion. I will try Cloudflare and will share my experience.

• @hotlineservers said: Cant say I see any slow downs but it is nice for a quick dns propagation turn around also a decent firewall.

This. When the server is behind Cloudflare proxy it's faster to change the backend IP. I do that frequently because, you know, cheap VPS :P

Also it helps a lot reducing the bandwith usage.

Make some tests with Pagespeed or Pingdom Tools and after that, make the decision to keep it or not.

• @imok said:

@hotlineservers said: Cant say I see any slow downs but it is nice for a quick dns propagation turn around also a decent firewall.

This. When the server is behind Cloudflare proxy it's faster to change the backend IP. I do that frequently because, you know, cheap VPS :P

Make some tests with Pagespeed or Pingdom Tools and after that, make the decision to keep it or not.

Their DNS is quite quick in general, even if you don't use the proxy ;)

Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Hosting
    Performance & AMD EPYC Cloud | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

• @WSCallum said:

@imok said:

@hotlineservers said: Cant say I see any slow downs but it is nice for a quick dns propagation turn around also a decent firewall.

Their DNS is quite quick in general, even if you don't use the proxy ;)

For me and site visitors, changes are not propagated that quick. DNS cache in Chrome is slower.

• Remember though if you use them as your registrar they have to be your DNS meaning you can't set nameservers. Frankly not a big deal but worth remembering.

• bibblebibble OG
    edited May 2020

Cloudflare is making the internet closed. The amount of sites they block when using an OVH VPN is so upsetting :'(

Would prefer people didn't use it if not necessary. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Thanked by (1)WSS
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Cloudflare is the future. Future is now.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.