Food.

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

I decided to take the opportunity to get a friendship bread starter going since it takes around 10 days before you bake with it. I'm on day 8. It's a really small thing, but it's nice to go into the kitchen each day and see it progress. --Katie

Thanked by (1)uptime

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Hetzner_OL said: I decided to take the opportunity to get a friendship bread starter going since it takes around 10 days before you bake with it. I'm on day 8. It's a really small thing, but it's nice to go into the kitchen each day and see it progress. --Katie

a what?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:

@Hetzner_OL said: I decided to take the opportunity to get a friendship bread starter going since it takes around 10 days before you bake with it. I'm on day 8. It's a really small thing, but it's nice to go into the kitchen each day and see it progress. --Katie

a what?

It's a thing. More common in the 1700s and so. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7063/amish-friendship-bread-starter/

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I can't find yeast anywhere, and I'd love to make a starter. Don't think we're going to be shipping pre-dough internationally, though.

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited March 2020

Wrong thread. N/M

If you have time, you can get a sour-dough started just using some contact to air since there's small yeast particles in the air, like this one: --Katie

Thanked by (2)beagle uptime

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

@Hetzner_OL said: If you have time, you can get a sour-dough started just using some contact to air since there's small yeast particles in the air, like this one:

That's amazing, what is the next step though after day 7? you just add a bit of the starter to a lot of flour and make bread as usual?

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I bought some "instant yeast" and put it in the fridge, unopened, yesterday. Hope it'll give me a couple days to start. I just haven't had time.

@AnthonySmith said:

That's amazing, what is the next step though after day 7? you just add a bit of the starter to a lot of flour and make bread as usual?

You look for recipes like "sourdough bread" or "sourdough cinnamon buns" "sourdough pancakes" etc. Those recipes will probably tell you to include a certain amount of your "starter". You can freeze or refrigerate whatever you don't use, and then use it later. I put my leftovers into glass jars without a lid or with small holes in the lid. I put about 1/2 cup to 1 cup in each. --Katie

• Fiberhub-BillyFiberhub-Billy Hosting Provider

I don't do a lot of cooking but I do a lot of eating and you are all making me hungry

Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited April 2020

I fried up some green peppers and onion today in a bit of oil and a pat of butter, then threw in a precooked (way too much to eat last night) steak sliced into small slices. Just added a touch of fresh cracked peppercorns, and yummied on down on that shit. No pics; I was hungry.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Happy Easter! Whatcha cookin'?

Got shrimp, chicken, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini kebabs going on the grill. Chicken was marinated in a beer & spice concoction that my wife threw together. Shrimp are seasoned with "old bay".

Thanked by (3)beagle WSS Ympker

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I made Chicken Diablo, fried some fresh garlic in oil then sauteed green beans in that, and made some angel hair pasta, tossed with some light oil and a little of the garlic.

Not very traditional, but it was damn good.

Thanked by (2)Mason InceptionHosting

edited April 2020

Lunch, steamed veg dumplings, on a bed of shredded lettuce with mixed flash fried diced red peppers, onion thin sliced carrot and garlic. crispy spring rolls (egg rolls in the USA?) and steamed pak choi, with raw spring onion (scallions/green onions) sprinkled over the top.

Lovingly drowned in sriracha after the picture.

Thanked by (1)beagle

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Spring rolls is correct, but you didn't even mention the potstickers?!

I was lazy and had leftovers.

@WSS said: potstickers?

the wha?

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Spring rolls are the brown crunchy things, the inverted vaginas are potstickers.

@AnthonySmith said: steamed veg dumplings

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Split the difference, Gyoza.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:
    Split the difference, Gyoza.

Well, if you want to be a food snob about it!

I had leftover frozen pizza last night and it was awesome. "Wild Mikes" really is a decent frozen pizza, and it doesn't cost much more than the cardboard flavor brands.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Not sure what I'll do for lunch today. Got an iced tea and a hell of a headache. Was working until 2 and was up at 8. If this is what quarantine looks like, let 'em all out. Eventually we'll be in a nice wasteland.

I need to dig another garden. Last years' was pretty craptastic and although I caged it, it didn't do great with the birds or underground bastards.

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited May 2020

Got done weeding the front yard. Well, at least where flowers are supposed to grow. Felt tired and lazy tonight. Sauteed some onions and cooked a roll in that to make it nice and crispy, put some pepperjack, gently cooked roast beef, and au jus. Redneck french dip! Open face, of course. I wanted something a little lighter tonight or I would have smothered it in jalapenos.

For lunch I decided to use what was going bad from the veges. Red peppers, some red and green leaf lettuce, roma tomato, a red delicious and a macintosh apple, tossed with pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds with some diced chicken left over from last nights' dinner, and a pomegranate vinaigrette. It was a hit. Everyone had at least two full dinner plate sizes. I'll certainly be making that again.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Pan con tomate y un zumo <3 @Chievo loved that for breakfast in Spain!

My favourite Pizza at our local pizza store. A bit different than the standard ones we usually get.
    Buffallo Mozarella, yellow tomatoes are top prem :disappointed:

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • @Ympker said:

My favourite Pizza at our local pizza store. A bit different than the standard ones we usually get.

@Ympker said:

THE SPANISH HAM !!!! Where is the spanish ham @Ympker ! .......... No excuses are allowed even LIDL is selling it ...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Dentistry is my passion

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Chievo said:

@Ympker said:

@Ympker said:

THE SPANISH HAM !!!! Where is the spanish ham @Ympker ! .......... No excuses are allowed even LIDL is selling it ...

Unlike in Valencia, when I was in Madrid there was ham EVERYWHERE. Like "museo de jamón 1", "museo de jamón 2..3...4.." jajaja
    Sí, que es muy rico el jamón!

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

Damn you guys. I started reading Spanglish, and instantly want to grab some Casado for lunch.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I made eggs, bacon, biscuits, and hashbrowns for breakfast. I think it's nap time.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Today I ate the best take-out for a long time.
    Spanish influenced.

Thanked by (1)Chievo

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:
    Today I ate the best take-out for a long time.
    Spanish influenced.

Nice options for a spanish cuisine in Sweden

Thanked by (1)mikho

Dentistry is my passion