OpenVZ 7 - 512mb Ram - 15GB disk - 1000GB Bandwidth - 2 x IP4 - 1 x /64 - €3.50 / 3 months [USA/NL]

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited May 2020 in Offers

I have had a few comments and messages about offering smaller containers in the Netherlands and Phoenix, like the ones in the UK, so here we go:

Extra IP promo is available until the end of the month.

• 1 vCPU Cores
  • 512 MB Ram
  • 512 MB vSWAP
  • 15GB Disk
  • 1000 GB Bandwidth
  • 2 x External IPv4
  • 1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet (NL Only)

€3.50 /3 months

NL Rotterdam Order Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=207
USA - Phoenix order Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=208

Available templates:

• CentOS 6
  • CentOS 7
  • CentOS 8
  • Debian 8
  • Debian 9
  • Debian 10
  • Ubuntu 16
  • Ubuntu 18

Terms tldr:

• No tor
  • No torrents
  • No open proxies
  • Don't order via a VPN or proxy
  • CPU Policy: Excessive CPU use will be considered server abuse, CPU cores are given on an equal share basis only they are not dedicated cores for your server alone. As a general rule as long as you are not impacting others then you will not be restricted however as a guideline we ask that you do not average over 60% of a CPU core/thread for more than 24 hours on average or 100% of a core/thread for more than 1 hour.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2020

Nice offer, the title says 500 GB Bandwidth but description says 1000 GB.
    Does that mean that the heading lists one way only? Thanks

Edit: With fixed title, deal looks more tempting

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting Ympker
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas said:
    Nice offer, the title says 500 GB Bandwidth but description says 1000 GB.
    Does that mean that the heading lists one way only? Thanks

Fixed.

• Ooh. The VPN temptation special.
    And in a comeback location : Rotterdam (The i3d DC I imagine).

Not sure what I'd do with this personally.

Thinking out loud for all providers' attention : An extra IPv4 would be very tempting freebie for 3-6GB KVMs. (multi-tenant dockerized apps)

• edited May 2020

one more last fix @AnthonySmith RAM 1GB :)

@ehab said:
    one more last fix @AnthonySmith RAM 1GB :)

I think you mean 1MB and yes, whoopsie

@vimalware said: Thinking out loud for all providers' attention : An extra IPv4 would be very tempting freebie for 3-6GB KVMs. (multi-tenant dockerized apps)

Yep interesting idea, I have an LES exclusive deal in mind for probably early next week, might also do something along those lines.

Thanked by (2)benj0x jeroen

• Nice offer, picked one up.

@vimalware said: Thinking out loud for all providers' attention : An extra IPv4 would be very tempting freebie for 3-6GB KVMs. (multi-tenant dockerized apps)

Not a bad shout that.

• edited May 2020

Nice offers! On mobile, I click on menu icon, but it don't dropdown.

@vncoupon said:
    Nice offers! On mobile, I click on menu icon, but it don't dropdown.

You mean here or the billing system?

• Top notch offer from a top notch provider!

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• Thank you! Ordered in the Netherlands. Perfect for setting up another monitoring instance and a VPN instance for a couple of my devices. Perfect for exposing my IP through WireGuard to home. CGNAT still sucks.

But there's still stopping me the lack of IPv6 from ordering in Phoenix. It's a shame that you haven't got IPv6 there yet. I'd say it's essential nowadays - some of my services are already IPv6 only.

@AnthonySmith said:

Yep interesting idea, I have an LES exclusive deal in mind for probably early next week, might also do something along those lines.

I'm really waiting for a nice KVM deal from you, which is hopefully in London, as I don't have any KVM with you there yet. A deal like in February would be really cool, if possible.

• edited May 2020

With the latest addition of container support in nyr's wireguard-install script, this is a nice little router container inside Clouvider network.

Thanked by (1)Nyr
  • @vimalware said: With the latest addition of container support in nyr's wireguard-install script, this is a nice little router container inside Clouvider network.

And for those in mainland Europe, the Dutch location should not be disregarded. i3D has one outstanding network, among the top in the region with good connectivity to almost everywhere.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
    edited May 2020

@Nyr said: And for those in mainland Europe, the Dutch location should not be disregarded. i3D has one outstanding network, among the top in the region with good connectivity to almost everywhere.

Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers, I had to throw the worlds biggest hissy fit to get that shit not to apply to my vlan/IP blocks, they almost did not back down, never been so glad not to be leasing IP's from a DC.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers ...

Wow ... huh. I hope that's not common.

@flips said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers ...

Wow ... huh. I hope that's not common.

yeah, I mean I get it, probably after the 15th call out of the night for the network guys because someone is running a standard install that included bind or followed a 12 years old ntp tutorial on some random blog and it took out an isle of servers, my issue was the "as of next week" or something like that nonsense.

I took off yearly options for NL for that reason tbh, I think it will be ok but I want to be sure

Thanked by (1)flips

• @AnthonySmith said: Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers, I had to throw the worlds biggest hissy fit to get that shit not to apply to my vlan/IP blocks, they almost did not back down, never been so glad not to be leasing IP's from a DC.

Thank you for holding your ground. I'm really quite puzzled that they even have the right to do this - I am not aware of the contractual fine print but my assumption has always been that all traffic should be unfettered (at the server/hardware level, not at the VPS level).

I've not heard of this being done anywhere else though - any other "precedents" for this?

• @vimalware said:
    nice little router container inside Clouvider network.

Oops. I mistyped when sleep deprived.
    The EU DC in current offer is i3d, Rotterdam.

• I just wanted add this,
    Snagged one of the VMS. My first LES offer purchase and I must admit, my man @AnthonySmith offers some serious potassium for the price of close to nothing.

While ovz might not be everyone's cup of tea, for my super basic needs, it is perfect!

@nullnothere said:

@AnthonySmith said: Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers, I had to throw the worlds biggest hissy fit to get that shit not to apply to my vlan/IP blocks, they almost did not back down, never been so glad not to be leasing IP's from a DC.

Thank you for holding your ground. I'm really quite puzzled that they even have the right to do this - I am not aware of the contractual fine print but my assumption has always been that all traffic should be unfettered (at the server/hardware level, not at the VPS level).

I've not heard of this being done anywhere else though - any other "precedents" for this?

Well at the end of the day it is a private company that operates a private network they can impose any terms they want if it is in the interest of protecting the company as a whole, the grey area I suppose would be the midterm changes, as I don't do month - month my contract is actually up for renewal in October with a 3-month notice to quit clause so I need to be sure and ultimately they backed down for me but I do not yet trust that is only because it is midterm so seeking clarity on that, I can move the lot to @clouvider Amsterdam in half a day max if required.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• @AnthonySmith said:
    ... I can move the lot to @clouvider Amsterdam in half a day max if required.

You have my attention Guv. ?

• @AnthonySmith said: I can move the lot to @clouvider Amsterdam in half a day max if required

Reading this, that could be a better option. In my regard i3D has always been a top notch provider for dedicated or colo. Company I worked for even had some servers colo'ed at their place. Maybe they've just grown too big.

edited May 2020

i3d is one of those places whereby when it's fine it is great, but when you have an issue its always going to be an uphill run against the wind.

Once Ramon left they turned in to a more call centre orientated mentality, "the computer said no", "I have tried nothing and I am all out of ideas" sort of place and you have no chance of getting any progress until you have had 2 escalations.

I stopped expanding in the Netherlands a long time ago hence the usual lack of stock because it got to the stage whereby they literally botched 10 server rack/setup's in a row over 12 months and it was just embarrassing how they simply could not learn from their mistakes and felt no real accountability for adding avoidable delay after delay.

So I just concentrated on London instead knowing that there was simply not a better option, I went through 2 DC's before landing at i3d I could not find a better option either but I now spend about 20% of what I used to in i3d and the new sales manager they seem to get every 3 months emails me to ask why that is, I always tell them it is because they don't know why that is.

• edited May 2020

@AnthonySmith said:

@Nyr said: And for those in mainland Europe, the Dutch location should not be disregarded. i3D has one outstanding network, among the top in the region with good connectivity to almost everywhere.

Even if they have decided to start blocking all NTP and nameserver traffic except to their own internal servers, I had to throw the worlds biggest hissy fit to get that shit not to apply to my vlan/IP blocks, they almost did not back down, never been so glad not to be leasing IP's from a DC.

Great offer :) How sure are you that they're not blocking any DNS traffic now? I've been having some really weird intermittent issues with my DNS slave (with recusion disabled) hosted there - I was going to ticket about it with debug information (an explanation and some tcpdumps) but saw you're quite busy from the messages on the ticket page.

• bibblebibble OG
    edited May 2020

@AnthonySmith - What is the reason for choosing to create new OpenVZ 7 offers over KVM etc ? What is the kernel version of OVZ7 ?

• @bibble said:
    @AnthonySmith - What is the reason for choosing to create new OpenVZ 7 offers over KVM etc ? What is the kernel version of OVZ7 ?

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited May 2020

@AnthonySmith said: i3d is one of those places whereby when it's fine it is great, but when you have an issue its always going to be an uphill run against the wind.

Actually sounds like a lot of corporote providers. Too bad...

I honestly wouldn't know of larger Dutch providers that do any better. Possibly TransIP but they don't seem to offer colo-space actively (and when they did it was half or full racks. Company I work for currently has half a rack there. But they're now part of a large corporation too.

@YellowHummingbird said: Great offer How sure are you that they're not blocking any DNS traffic now?

Very.

Thanked by (1)YellowHummingbird

@bibble said:

it is vzkernerl-3.10.x

As always with vz kernels they backport a ton of stuff from 4.x, however with OpenVZ 7 it is a bit different to OpenVZ 6, a big part of the issue with 6 was that installers and software would just look at the kernel version 2.32.x and say no when the capabilities were probably there because it was so heavily backported while OpenVZ 7 actually reports your kernel version as the container/guests OS's current kernel version, so debain will actually report a 4.x kernel despite the host node being on 3.10 which removed 90% of the kernel-related issues in OpenVZ 6.

The vzkernels do not follow like for like with the standard regular versions.

• edited May 2020

@AnthonySmith said:

@YellowHummingbird said: Great offer How sure are you that they're not blocking any DNS traffic now?

Very.

Thanks, I can't debug this from my end anymore though (doing a TCPdump doesn't show the DNS request reaching my machine on one of my two IPs, I don't have any firewall installed yet, but I can see ICMP requests get through to that IP, and I can connect to a netcat server on other ports (not 53) on that IP). Is it alright if I just submit a low priority ticket with the details and you can charge me the 22 euros or whatever it is whenever you're more free?