Providers with discord, IRC or forums

One of the reasons I go for smaller hosts is the personal touch. For that reason, I really like providers who build a community around their offerings. Do you know of providers with community around them ? I am on Discord channels of BuyVM, Ramnode and Spartanhost.

Thanked by (1)Nick_A

Comments

• I go for the opposite.

I dislike small hosts for more personal touch and their possible curiosity of my data.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @codedivine said:
    One of the reasons I go for smaller hosts is the personal touch. For that reason, I really like providers who build a community around their offerings. Do you know of providers with community around them ? I am on Discord channels of BuyVM, Ramnode and Spartanhost.

You are technically on the LowendSpirit forum ( @AnthonySmith @mikho ), here is our free hosting support forum. No one hangs out there unless something is broken :(

• deankdeank OG
    edited May 2020

We are all humans.
    And, no matter how professional one is, desperate time calls for desperate measures.

Let's say, a guy runs a small host. He has been a top dude; professional, well-spoken, and all. But then, one day, money problems caused by [insert whatever]. Could be a sudden breakdown of a machine followed by a series of chargebacks and whatnot. Could be anything.

The guy closes the shop, writes an impressive apology email.

He still needs the dough. What else could he do? He breaks his moral code cuz no one's looking. Takes his client email list and sell for some small changes or Steam games. He needs more dough though. So, he begins to go through content of his clients' accounts.

The end is nigh.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2020

Aquatis Hosting has a nice discord. They are (mainly) a gameserver host though. I used their service a couple of years back. Still check on the Discord ever so often :P

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited May 2020

I am scared to do a public Discord. I can just imagine all of the 5 AM demands.

@deank said:
    We are all humans.
    And, no matter how professional one is, desperate time calls for desperate measures.

Let's say, a guy runs a small host. He has been a top dude; professional, well-spoken, and all. But then, one day, money problems caused by [insert whatever]. Could be a sudden breakdown of a machine followed by a series of chargebacks and whatnot. Could be anything.

He still needs the dough. What else could he do? He breaks his moral code cuz no one's looking. Takes his client email list and sell for some small changes or Steam games. He needs more dough though. So, he begins to go through content of his clients' accounts.

The end is nigh.

Steam games is 2016. Epic games is in.

Thanked by (2)Ympker seriesn

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• Epic games can join WHO. I will never use it.

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited May 2020

@deank said:
    We are all humans.

The end is nigh.

"Thank you to all of our fans, but unfortunately due to the ongoing pandemic and a series of personal issues, I've decided for my own good to discontinue our services.
    Your VPS will cease working tomorrow at 3AM PST, so please backup your data. If you wish, AnotherSummerHost has 30% off first months, just open a ticket with your old client id.

It has been an amazing journey. Cannot wait to see what will be our forward adventures."

Jokes aside, this is one of the reasons why I usually sign up with fake data so that (i hope) I'm just customer 1 of 10³. And online presence on forums usually actually lowers the perceived trust of hosts me :\

• RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG

We have a Discord and a forum. They are almost empty though.

Thanked by (1)dosai

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

• I prefer small hosts because they are too overstretched trying to finish each day with fewer tickets than they started with, to go around looking for ways to exploit or monitor customer data. I'm far more scared of AWS, GCS, etc.

• As long as there's available some form of ticket or chat system, where you actually get replies to issues, I'm usually happy. Community kinda chat sometimes works out well, you can get replies to common questions faster. I do prefer IRC, but Matrix, RocketChat, MatterMost etc. all works.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Fuck no.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @foxone said:

@deank said:
    We are all humans.

The end is nigh.

"Thank you to all of our fans, but unfortunately due to the ongoing pandemic and a series of personal issues, I've decided for my own good to discontinue our services.
    Your VPS will cease working tomorrow at 3AM PST, so please backup your data. If you wish, AnotherSummerHost has 30% off first months, just open a ticket with your old client id.

It has been an amazing journey. Cannot wait to see what will be our forward adventures."

Jokes aside, this is one of the reasons why I usually sign up with fake data so that (i hope) I'm just customer 1 of 10³. And online presence on forums usually actually lowers the perceived trust of hosts me :\

Tomorrow at 3? Backup? Eh...youre being too generous. Usually people just flock to forums like this "Hey my server just went down 720 hours ago, what now?"

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.