What are you listening to?

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired

It's an oldie from the 90s but holy fuck - feels so 80s in the oof place.

Thanked by (1)ehab

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I can't stop listening to Cause & Effect. Goddamn it's an addictive 80s band, even if it is from the 90s. RIP Sean.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited May 2020

Kind of difficult to remind yourself this came from the same band that did "Lovefool", but then you realize the whole time they were like 10cc, and a bit of a parody of themselves for the song that the world latched onto.

E: Well this fucking failed. I have "Lovefool" stuck in my head now.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I have no idea why the hell this started playing in my head. This is possibly before even @tarasis and @Not_Oles.

Thanked by (1)tarasis

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Thanked by (1)WSS

• @WSS said:
    I have no idea why the hell this started playing in my head. This is possibly before even @tarasis and @Not_Oles.

Def before me, only 43. I just look 68

Thanked by (2)WSS Not_Oles
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@tarasis said:
    Def before me, only 43. I just look 68

How about some SuperTramp, then? You're barely my senior.

• :warning: Some explicit lyrics.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

• WSSWSS OGRetired
    edited May 2020

Have a great life, everyone.

This is probably what you expected:

@AnthonySmith Please lock my account. Thanks.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@WSS said: Have a great life, everyone.

@AnthonySmith Please lock my account. Thanks.

Bye!! Good luck!!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• williewillie OG
    edited June 2020

Excellent bass version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia":

Music starts at 39 seconds. I put t=39 in the link but it seems to have gotten overwritten by the forum software.

• ChievoChievo OG
    edited June 2020

Dentistry is my passion

• Dentistry is my passion

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited June 2020

Oh, when I see the "IDJ video" I know it will be the music that is devastating for the ears, and the morality of the people.
    Most songs are about whores, making quick bucks and spending it quickly.
    Once in a disco I translated the lyrics to some Dutch people - it sounds even more stupid when translated.

Boring facts 1:
    "Samo jako" means - literaly "just strongly", but the real meaning is "go for it", "give it all you've got".
    All the politicians in Serbia are corrupt (like to say that all the counries have mafia, but in Serbia, mafia has the country :) ).
    So in the last elections, a guy made a party that was intended to ridicule the other politicians. Promising to get more money for themselves once they get elected. "For our buts". And their slogan was "Samo jako!" - openly implying they will be ruthless in abusing power and stealing money.
    For all I know - the guys were cool, got elected in their local town hall and as far as they could, did good - the opposite of what was "promised".
    It's Monty Python - but in real life here! Seriously (pun intended). :)
    The party leader called himself "Flyover White" - since many politicians fly over from one party to the other, depending on which party gets most votes in the elections. "White" being a relatively common nickname for shady individuals (criminals), and/or thugs.

Boring facts 2:
    The (less-fat) singer in the IDJ video is named like me - which was a very rare, antic Serbian name - that gained popularity in the past 5 years (perhaps thanks to the guy), so now every second kid is named Relja, while for most of my life before that people asked: "Relja is a nickname, what's your real name?" :)

This is the cool stuff (though a bit old):

And this is the current regional superstar (from Croatia), though his lyrics are in fact good and the guy seems quite cool and normal (which is an exception for the past decades, since most modern popular local music is IDJ-videos - like):

Thanked by (1)Chievo

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

Oh, when I see the "IDJ video" I know it will be the music that is devastating for the ears, and the morality of the people.
    Most songs are about whores, making quick bucks and spending it quickly.
    Once in a disco I translated the lyrics to some Dutch people - it sounds even more stupid when translated.

Boring facts 1:
    "Samo jako" means - literaly "just strongly", but the real meaning is "go for it", "give it all you've got".
    All the politicians in Serbia are corrupt (like to say that all the counries have mafia, but in Serbia, mafia has the country :) ).
    So in the last elections, a guy made a party that was intended to ridicule the other politicians. Promising to get more money for themselves once they get elected. "For our buts". And their slogan was "Samo jako!" - openly implying they will be ruthless in abusing power and stealing money.
    For all I know - the guys were cool, got elected in their local town hall and as far as they could, did good - the opposite of what was "promised".
    It's Monty Python - but in real life here! Seriously (pun intended). :)
    The party leader called himself "Flyover White" - since many politicians fly over from one party to the other, depending on which party gets most votes in the elections. "White" being a relatively common nickname for shady individuals (criminals), and/or thugs.

Boring facts 2:
    The (less-fat) singer in the IDJ video is named like me - which was a very rare, antic Serbian name - that gained popularity in the past 5 years (perhaps thanks to the guy), so now every second kid is named Relja, while for most of my life before that people asked: "Relja is a nickname, what's your real name?" :)

This is the cool stuff (though a bit old):

And this is the current regional superstar (from Croatia), though his lyrics are in fact good and the guy seems quite cool and normal (which is an exception for the past decades, since most modern popular local music is IDJ-videos - like):

Wow interesting facts .

To be honest i am big fan of the 1st video . Literally shows what happens with Real Madrid playing the champions league ;) The guy is just representing the referee (between second 0:04 - 0:13 ) The little boy wears a real madrid t shirt and shorts.

COINCIDENCE ? I do not think so hehehe ;)
    I have no idea about what is saying but they are repeating the same thing over the whole song so ....

well about the 2nd video , at least the video is a bit ¨exotic¨ ¨aggresive ¨ I mean child with guns(yes fake ones) in a musical video . I am not from the US but i am not used to see it .

I am going to translate the last video to see what he says but it seems more ¨normal¨compared to the previous one .

I have heard the song of samo jako on a radio station in the Balkans. BTW i am going to buy a company and a dental practice there so i would need to find a good plumber .Well in fact i have found a ¨plumber¨ who is going to join to my team in Spain and i would form him as professional during some months . Hopefully is not going to end bad .

The balkans are quiet exotic i mean it is different place .

Dentistry is my passion

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Feel free to contact me about any handyman (and computer/tech) related stuff over here, especially in Novi Sad (Serbian Amsterdam, 2nd largest city). If I can't do it - I usually know who can. In fact - I prefer to recommend other people - too much work on my hands.

As for the song - it's satyrical, making fun of cheap gangsta-rap, and some local idiots (politicians, singers etc.). Witty and funny.

As for the business - Novi Sad is closer to the Hungarian and Croatian borders (EU, yes) - rent is a lot cheaper and there are not nearly as many traffic jams as in Belgrade.
    Belgrade is the capital. You can probably charge more in Belgrade, airport is there as well (Novi Sad is 80 km to the north, 1 and a half hour motorway drive). But the rents are higher and traffic jams are so bad you can't even get between the stationary cars on a bicycle (have to jump the kerbs, use sidewalk...).

Thanked by (1)Chievo

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:
    Feel free to contact me about any handyman (and computer/tech) related stuff over here, especially in Novi Sad (Serbian Amsterdam, 2nd largest city). If I can't do it - I usually know who can. In fact - I prefer to recommend other people - too much work on my hands.

As for the song - it's satyrical, making fun of cheap gangsta-rap, and some local idiots (politicians, singers etc.). Witty and funny.

As for the business - Novi Sad is closer to the Hungarian and Croatian borders (EU, yes) - rent is a lot cheaper and there are not nearly as many traffic jams as in Belgrade.
    Belgrade is the capital. You can probably charge more in Belgrade, airport is there as well (Novi Sad is 80 km to the north, 1 and a half hour motorway drive). But the rents are higher and traffic jams are so bad you can't even get between the stationary cars on a bicycle (have to jump the kerbs, use sidewalk...).

Many thanks @bikegremlin ! ;)

Dentistry is my passion