Free for life ! KVM storage 1tb hdd for the customer number 100-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-999!

Comments

• Heaven is wherever we make it

Debian, thx

Thanked by (2)FAT32 poisson

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• congrats @FAT32 please pm with your email , name or just create a account in Hostsolutions.ro (thanks for this because i will have less to work) and we will deliver this vps in the next 24 hours.

Waiting the number 300. Enjoy guys.

• Congratulations @FAT32 and @cociu you're a good egg potatoe

Thanked by (1)FAT32

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Lets make the next marker (300) be just the 300'th account if that is ok, either that or I just do a random draw at 300 to stop any account reg sniping?

Thanked by (2)uhu uptime

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Lets make the next marker (300) be just the 300'th account if that is ok, either that or I just do a random draw at 300 to stop any account reg sniping?

Nice idea. A random draw at each landmark would certainly stop account sniping and encourage people to register now, rather than wait for the next hundred to approach.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @uhu said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Nice idea. A random draw at each landmark would certainly stop account sniping and encourage people to register now, rather than wait for the next hundred to approach.

That, and it would give me a slight chance to replace the box I have that is being forcibly retired due to OVZ6ness.

• Ahh so I should have waited for another 97-98 peeps to register before I registered? Curses :)

Love that you're doing this OP! All the best

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • Actually a lucky draw when we hit the milestones will also be fun! Reminds me of that event @FAT32 did. I won an idling machine :)

He probably still has the entire setup ready to roll.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    Actually a lucky draw when we hit the milestones will also be fun! Reminds me of that event FAT32 did. I won an idling machine :)

I have a suggestion on whether lucky draw should include the users joined earlier to increase their chance.

For example, when reaching 300 users, draw from 1-300 instead of 201-300. That means the earlier you join, the higher the chance of winning. Need approval from @cociu and @AnthonySmith :)

Round 0: Draw from 1-100 (Additional for early adopters)
    Round 1: Draw from 1-300
    Round 2: Draw from 1-400
    Round 3: Draw from 1-500
    Round 4: Draw from 1-600
    Round 5: Draw from 1-700
    Round 6: Draw from 1-800
    Round 7: Draw from 1-900
    Round 8: Draw from 1-1000

If it sounds good I can build a simple script and give the hashes of the seeds for the random algorithm.

• @FAT32 said:

@poisson said:
    Actually a lucky draw when we hit the milestones will also be fun! Reminds me of that event FAT32 did. I won an idling machine :)

I have a suggestion on whether lucky draw should include the users joined earlier to increase their chance.

For example, when reaching 300 users, draw from 1-300 instead of 201-300. That means the earlier you join, the higher the chance of winning. Need approval from @cociu and @AnthonySmith :)

If it sounds good I can build a simple script and give the hashes of the seeds for the random algorithm.

Well, @FAT32 always comes up with the best ideas! What say you @AnthonySmith and @cociu? This is definitely a much more fun way to keep the entire community engaged, although server load might spike when everyone is camping for the results release.

Thanked by (2)dahartigan FAT32

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• I like that idea @FAT32 :-)

Thanked by (1)FAT32

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

@poisson said:

Well, @FAT32 always comes up with the best ideas! What say you @AnthonySmith and @cociu? This is definitely a much more fun way to keep the entire community engaged, although server load might spike when everyone is camping for the results release.

Amazing idea!

At least I got the chance. :#

Thanked by (1)FAT32

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• How about it @cociu?
    ( Next prize as random draw at 300 members)This will encourage those that are not signing up NOW just to be the 300th member (aka account sniping)

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    account reg sniping

@uhu said:
    account sniping

@vimalware said:
    account sniping

Sorry, I shouldn't have done that :(

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    account reg sniping

@uhu said:
    account sniping

@vimalware said:
    account sniping

Playing within the rules is legitimate. Besides, no amount of sniping guarantees anything if everyone is trying to snipe!

Thanked by (2)FAT32 uptime

• @vimalware said:
    account sniping

Hey, I wasn't even thinking about you when I typed that. :)

Without the right incentives, the gap in time between 200-300 , may be as wide as 5 and 200 (thanks to the lurker effect).

• FAT32 said: Round 0: Draw from 1-100 (Additional for early adopters)

this is a nice ideea @AnthonySmith you can impement it if you want.

• You are a wizard @FAT32

Thanked by (2)FAT32 vimalware

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

i wanna win something!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @uptime said:
    You are a wizard FAT32

Thanked by (3)poisson uptime ITLabs
  • Congrats FAT32 :smiley:

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • TheDPTheDP OG
    edited November 2019

@FAT32 said:

@poisson said:

Thanked by (1)FAT32

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• what if LEST-BOT wins

• @tgl said:
    what if LEST-BOT wins

Or one of Anthony's legion of test accounts? It's all fixed, I tell ya, fixed! Or something.

• FreeBSDFreeBSD OG
    edited November 2019

I consider the contest faulty.

According to comment made by @AnthonySmith on November 19th 12:23 PM the following screenshot was provided with vanilla stats from the day before (screenshot was posted on Imgur one minute before the post). You can see in image that 199 users were registered at that moment of screenshot (on 18th of November 2019).

On November 19th at 01:05 PM (after this image was posted), user @nynynyny registered.

On November 19th at 01:15 PM (10 minutes later) user @FAT32 registered.

Somehow, @FAT32 was declared the winner as the number 200 account. I did not manage to analyze what other users registered after screenshot was announced or after the screenshot was taken (the day before). All I know, is that something does not feel right.

• FreeBSD said: Somehow, @FAT32 was declared the winner as the number 200 account. I did not manage to analyze what other users registered after screenshot was announced or after the screenshot was taken. All I know, is that something does not feel right.

Test accounts and unconfirmed accounts are included in the statistics but not in the draw. That's why.

• @Solaire said:

FreeBSD said: Somehow, @FAT32 was declared the winner as the number 200 account. I did not manage to analyze what other users registered after screenshot was announced or after the screenshot was taken. All I know, is that something does not feel right.

Test accounts and unconfirmed accounts are included in the statistics but not in the draw. That's why.

Indeed. This is also the reason why the number 100 winner wasn't literally the number 100 based on vanilla's number stamp. This was already declared upfront many days earlier. This is also the reason why if you trace the thread, I have asked Ant for updates from time to time so that we know what is the true picture.

Going forward, there will longer be such confusion.

edited November 2019

@FreeBSD (guy?) asked and answered, a few times, if you spent half as much time reading the actual thread as you did looking for shit in a clean toilet you would have saved some time.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• @FreeBSD

Anthony posted "5 away now" at November 19th 12:55 PM.

The last user to sign up before that was hoarder, user ID 216 at 12:24 PM:

The first user to sign up after that was CRTelevision, user ID 217, at 1:56 PM:

The user ID of CRTelevision being 217, 217 + 4 => 221, which is the user ID of FAT32. That can be verified here.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 uptime

if this is going to turn in to a source of drama to belittle efforts we can just put an end to it now I guess.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

This discussion has been closed.