VMHaus twitter- worth a read for customers.

2»

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited May 2020

@Neoon said: If this is the case, as you say, why > would they leave the account out there with that guy?
    They could have claimed it but they apparently did not or never needed to do that.

Have you ever tried to claim a twitter account? it is like trying to get support from google for gmail.

@serv_ee said: How exactly do they plan to sue someone outside of the EU? Say some Chinese provider takes up on it...yeah, good luck pal. Especially with GDPR. They dont give a rats behind.

Indeed.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

edited May 2020

Anyway, thinking about it, he probably does not have shit, if he wanted to do maximum damage he would just put the whole thing on the pirate bay as a torrent.

may not even be him, it may be one of the other directors Tom Glass for example that managed to recover the account and is poking at Basil because he won the game of thrones.

• @serv_ee said:
    How exactly do they plan to sue someone outside of the EU? Say some Chinese provider takes up on it...yeah, good luck pal. Especially with GDPR. They dont give a rats behind.

Yea, especially, the twitter post has been up since hours... likely that someone already got the dump.
    I wonder how long it will stay online.

@AnthonySmith said:

@Neoon said: If this is the case, as you say, why > would they leave the account out there with that guy?
    They could have claimed it but they apparently did not or never needed to do that.

Have you ever tried to claim a twitter account? it is like trying to get support from google for gmail.

No but, the buyout took place over 1 year ago, they could have done that by now.

@Neoon said: No but, the buyout took place over 1 year ago, they could have done that by now.

The conversation goes like this:

Q. I wants tweeter accounts.
    A. Plz send proofs of tradmarkzes
    Q. but?
    A. No bye.

• Not enough l33t in it Anthony.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

@serv_ee said: Not enough l33t in it Anthony.

0|-| 50.-.-`/, |>|_e42e 7|/|77E.- 9|ve |\/|E 7e|-| 4((0U||7

Thanked by (1)serv_ee

• Much better.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• VMHaus posted a very long statement on their website with some background information - it pretty much just confirms what's been said in this thread, in my opinion.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@YellowHummingbird said:
    VMHaus posted a very long statement on their website with some background information - it pretty much just confirms what's been said in this thread, in my opinion.

Thanks. That clarified a lot for me. That man must be drunk or something to have consented to his initial loans/investment being paid back from operating a failing company employing teenagers paid solely on equity and still having such a strong grudge that he sells customer data.

Thanked by (2)YellowHummingbird Ouji
  • deankdeank OG
    edited May 2020

Their statement is so long.

tl;tr version: We fucked up. Your entire data is leaked. But because we apologized because we have to, it's okay now. Carry on.

Thanked by (2)Phil Ouji

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I got a e-mail from

VMHaus Personal Data Breach
    VMHaus Limited outgoing-bounces@vmhaus.ltd.uk; de la part de; VMHaus Limited support@vmhaus.ltd.uk

Yet I have never touched them nor didn't even knew them until that topic :)

Drama is coming, grab your popcorn !!

• I got that email and apparently had an account with them, but I don't seem to have any services with them. So now I'm trying to figure out why I signed up for the account. Did they have some kind of promo? I see two signup emails, November 2017 and March 2018.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@willie said:
    I got that email and apparently had an account with them, but I don't seem to have any services with them. So now I'm trying to figure out why I signed up for the account. Did they have some kind of promo? I see two signup emails, November 2017 and March 2018.

Credit promos were big for them afair

• I am sure I did not have an account... How did I get the email?

• Did they have some kind of clickbait offer on LET where the offer turned out to be an xmas picture or something like that, but you only found out when you redeemed the coupon? Or was that someone else.

• @willie said:
    Did they have some kind of clickbait offer on LET where the offer turned out to be an xmas picture or something like that, but you only found out when you redeemed the coupon? Or was that someone else.

iirc they were really hot back then. They were nominated as 'Top Provider" on LET as well. They gave out free credits, did free BGP sessions, and also gave out ASNs for $50 one time

• @willie said:
    I got that email and apparently had an account with them, but I don't seem to have any services with them. So now I'm trying to figure out why I signed up for the account. Did they have some kind of promo? I see two signup emails, November 2017 and March 2018.

They gave out free credit to test their panel in 2017, that's apparently when I signed up as well.

Thanked by (1)willie

🦍🍌

Good write up, I think a few things have been left out and they do at least have a good idea why he is so pissed off but I understand why they have framed it as they have under the circumstances.

• I did not sign up or give them my details. I did not receive any email.

It was too soon after I'd got burned by another provider that offered me $15/yr KVM in SGP(the name eludes me for some reason right now)

• @vimalware said:
    I did not sign up or give them my details. I did not receive any email.

It was too soon after I'd got burned by another provider that offered me $15/yr KVM in SGP(the name eludes me for some reason right now)

Thanked by (1)Ouji
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

What hostdoc?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Got an email from them, but have never been a customer AFAIK

• @mikewazar said:
    Got an email from them, but have never been a customer AFAIK

Check if its a fishing email?

• edited May 2020

@vimalware said:

SafeHouseCloud. That's what it was. My info is probably floating around. who knows..

Edit:
    HostDoc was in June 2019. I waited until they completed a year in business. Oh well.

Thanked by (1)Ouji
  • @vimalware said:
    Edit:
    HostDoc was in June 2019. I waited until they completed a year in business. Oh well.

Didn't matter, did it? hahaha