VPN Unlimited Deal $ 15 with Coupon

Stacksocial is offering KeepSolid VPN Unlimited: If you use the coupon "VPNUMAY15" you get a $24 discount. So the $39 price becomes $15.

Note this is a "lifetime" deal, but at this price, even for 1 year, 5 devices, a good deal..

Thanked by (1)allendiggity

Comments

• Paging VPN addict @Ympker . Yay or nay?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Solaire said:
    Paging VPN addict @Ympker . Yay or nay?

He said Yay

Thanked by (2)Ympker Solaire
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2020

@sonic said:

@Solaire said:
    Paging VPN addict @Ympker . Yay or nay?

He said Yay

Yay. Lately, I have even seen better speeds (on avg.) from Keepsolid than from Windscribe Premium.

Thanked by (2)Solaire sonic
  • Cheers!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Solaire said:

Cheers!

Welcome to the family ;) The only hassle/thing to remember with Keepsolid is that if you added 5 devices (or your max. device count) you have to login to User Area to delete a device if you want to add a new one. You can delete only 1 per 7 days. But that's normally not a problem. I once bought an upgrade since it still became a hassle with Family and my devices so I can have 10 devices now.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • Lol..

Thanks @Ympker for the posts, and @Solaire as long as you don’t get bothered by the 5 device limit, enjoy

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • @Ympker said:

@Solaire said:

Cheers!

Welcome to the family ;) The only hassle/thing to remember with Keepsolid is that if you added 5 devices (or your max. device count) you have to login to User Area to delete a device if you want to add a new one. You can delete only 1 per 7 days. But that's normally not a problem. I once bought an upgrade since it still became a hassle with Family and my devices so I can have 10 devices now.

Why dont buy 2nd account? Isnt it cheaper than upgrade to 10 devices limit?

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited May 2020

@vyas said: and @Solaire as long as you don’t get bothered by the 5 device limit, enjoy

Nah, a device is strictly speaking an active device. I can use the same certificate on multiple devices as long as they're not simultaneously connected. Since I run most of my stuff in Docker I can just spin up an OpenVPN client container and route a bunch of applications over it's network, utilizing only 1 "device".

Worst case I can setup a VLAN on my router and have my router act as 1 single device for all the devices I have at my place.

Then again, I don't plan on using it much and at select devices.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited May 2020

@sonic said:

@Ympker said:

@Solaire said:

Cheers!

Why dont buy 2nd account? Isnt it cheaper than upgrade to 10 devices limit?

Back then it wasn't :) I bought VPNUnlimited in 2016 and upgraded shortly after. Also, too much a hassle :P

@Solaire said:

@vyas said: and @Solaire as long as you don’t get bothered by the 5 device limit, enjoy

Nah, a device is strictly speaking an active device. I can use the same certificate on multiple devices as long as they're not simultaneously connected. Since I run most of my stuff in Docker I can just spin up an OpenVPN client container and route a bunch of applications over it's network, utilizing only 1 "device".

Worst case I can setup a VLAN on my router and have my router act as 1 single device for all the devices I have at my place.

Then again, I don't plan on using it much and at select devices.

I also got VPN over router with my Asus router :)

• no torrents ?

• Nice, though limited at 900gb

• @foxone said:
    Nice, though limited at 900gb

Really? Where do they mention it?

• @vbloods said:
    no torrents ?

They do have dedicated servers for torrents:

@foxone said:

I don't see that stated anywhere?

Thanked by (2)Ympker vimalware
  • RahulRahul OG
    edited May 2020

@vbloods said:
    no torrents ?

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeepSolid#Servers

While torrents are forbidden on most of the servers, at least 5 servers officially allow torrenting

So, it's possible.

I think @Iroshan464 use them for it.

• @Solaire said:

@vbloods said:
    no torrents ?

They do have dedicated servers for torrents:

@foxone said:

Could you show which streaming services they do offer VPN for?

• @benj0x said: Could you show which streaming services they do offer VPN for?

Sure, here you go:

Thanked by (2)Ympker benj0x

Some recent speedtest coming in since someone claimed it's capped at 30 Mbps (spoiler: it is not.):

5 Ghz Wifi without VPN:

5 Ghz Wifi with VPNUnlimited (Germany Frankfurt location; Wireguard):

TL;DR: The 30 Mbps "limit"/cap is bs.

• @Ympker said: TL;DR: The 30 Mbps "limit"/cap is bs.

The maximum I was able to measure was a bit less than 400 Mbps.. I guess that should be sufficient for most cases

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • beaglebeagle OG
    edited May 2020

How does it compare to Ivacy? I used Ivacy mostly for geo-unlocking or when travelling.

• @beagle said:
    How does it compare to Ivacy? I used Ivacy mostly for geo-unlocking or when travelling.

It's better than Ivacy

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • @sonic said:

@beagle said:

It's better than Ivacy

Ivacy keeps disconnecting after 59 minutes, 55 seconds. Mac App and iOS app, India (Chennai) or Singapore. I gave up after a week. VPN unlimited has proven to be solid for me.

Thanked by (2)Ympker beagle
  • @Rahul said:

@vbloods said:
    no torrents ?

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeepSolid#Servers

While torrents are forbidden on most of the servers, at least 5 servers officially allow torrenting

So, it's possible.

I think @Iroshan464 use them for it.

Yeah. I do and work fine.
    However now I mainly use Google drive to download torrents and then to phone.
    ?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@beagle said:

Ivacy is great for geo-unlbocking and I still prefer it because (also when travelling, or at a friends') it's just super easy to login and get started given the 5 concurrent device policy as opposed to VPNUnlimited Policy where you have to first remove a device. That being said VPNUnlimited is overall way more stable and faster than Ivacy.. and Netflix unblocking also just works :)

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • Thank you all for the feedback. Got it as a backup to Ivacy.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@beagle said:
    Thank you all for the feedback. Got it as a backup to Ivacy.

Welcome to the VPN Collector's edition :P

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • debaserdebaser OG
    edited May 2020

@Ympker said:

But really...

I’ve been using VPN Unlimited for five years now. About two years ago, the speeds were mediocre. So bad that I took a 3 year deal at NordVPN. But with some recent upgrades, it’s twice as fast as NordVPN.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@debaser said:

@Ympker said:

But really...

I’ve been using VPN Unlimited for five years now. About two years ago, the speeds were mediocre. So bad that I took a 3 year deal at NordVPN. But with some recent upgrades, it’s twice as fast as NordVPN.

Wow, that's some great speedtest scores. Damn.

• @Solaire said:

@foxone said:

https://www.keepsolid.com/fair_use_policy

" Only customers with Lifetime Personal VPN Servers or Personal Static IPs that have uploaded or downloaded more than 900GB per month in total will be impacted by the Fair Use Policy.

If you are affected by this policy, you may notice that your connection speed is reduced, or ‘throttled’ once you have exceeded 900GB of downloads or uploads in total. "

Thanked by (2)Ympker Solaire
  • @foxone said:

@Solaire said:

@foxone said:

" Only customers with Lifetime Personal VPN Servers or Personal Static IPs that have uploaded or downloaded more than 900GB per month in total will be impacted by the Fair Use Policy.

If you are affected by this policy, you may notice that your connection speed is reduced, or ‘throttled’ once you have exceeded 900GB of downloads or uploads in total. "

Well, for 15usd lifetime, this is fair.

Action and Reaction in history

@foxone said:

@Solaire said:

@foxone said:

Probably only to the end of month. Our family home usually shows 400GB data per month. I can't imagine myself reaching this number any time soon. Going with that I believe 900GB is more than reasonable for "private use". Running the VPN on a VPS and torrenting 24/7 is probably not the ideal use case for a consumer grade VPN although you could still do a lot with 900GB a month. I guess you could also open a ticket/contact them about this. Never had a problem so far, probably also because I never reached the limit remotely.