Free VPS 1vCPU, 512MB-8GB, IPv6 only | Infofractal

AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

As many ppl tried the EuServ free tier, I'm sharing this here. Maybe useful for someone :)

VPS with 1 vCPU,
512 MiB of RAM
8 GiB of storage and
500GiB of traffic.
Network limited to 2 Mbps.
Use "freetrial" coupon and select yearly billing to get your free trial.
Uses HE IPv6 tunnel.
https://infofractal.io/clients/cart.php?gid=5
Servers are located in Santiago, Chile. They use Virtualizor CP.

I'm tagging those I think may be interested to review @Ympker @Iroshan464 @vyas
It's free =)

Thanked by (3)Iroshan464 someTom Ganonk

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Thanks for the mention @Abdullah :) I am happy to see more and more freebies popping up from this community making it really become one, instead of just any other forum out there hehe. Personally, I don't think I have any use for this right now, nor the time to review it but when the time comes I'll let you know and in case it's still there, I'll gladly check it out.

Good luck!

• tl;dr: Their TOS requires that if you want to run a VPN (or other specific applications detailed below), you must give root access to your VPS and they can use this access even without notifying you.

I took this offer a while back when it was posted on the other forum. I setup @Nyr ’s OVPN script, gave it a try and that was it. After a while, I realized that the VPN stopped working. Tried to login via SSH but I didn’t have IPv6 access at that moment, so logged into the Virtualizor and launched the VNC console. And the root shell was open. I looked around a bit, then discovered that the /etc/default/grub was modified (understandably, to gain root access) and some other stuff were done. So I opened a ticket, asking about this. Their reply was that from my VPS’ MAC packets were coming with a wrong IP address (both the OVPN script and their internal network uses the 10.0.0.0/8), so they had to investigate. I replied by saying that I would understand shutting the VPS down and notifying me, but I couldn’t understand what gave them the right to forcefully gain root access. At that time, I thought that I fully read their TOS and didn’t see anything related to this, so I even wrongly asserted that even their TOS doesn’t mention anything of this kind. They replied, saying that I probably didn’t read the TOS (and they were sadly right, it seems I just skimmed it) and it in fact includes something like this:

The following services are allowed only if the client agrees to give root access to his assigned VPS or dedicated server, and the logging of all traffic by our firewalls:
    a) IRC (only unencrypted connections)
    b) Game servers
    c) Proxy servers, OpenVPN, TOR, etc justifying the need.

Full TOS: https://infofractal.io/clients/tos

They said that if I don’t like this policy, I can just cancel it; and I did.

Just to make it absolutely crystal clear, I was in the wrong here by not reading the TOS fully and understanding what I am agreeing to. I wanted to post my experience here so that anyone who considers this offer knows about their policy regarding one of the most common use cases for a VPS.

• I bought the 1c/1g package on 23 march but sometimes I can't reach the VPS. I cancelled on 15 april and they still gave me full refund.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@berkay
    wo those are some serious restrictions for paid services too.
    Did'nt know about it, will keep them in mind if use this service.

• @Abdullah said:
    @berkay
    wo those are some serious restrictions for paid services too.
    Did'nt know about it, will keep them in mind if use this service.

Definitely, one should always read the TOS fully.

And in my definitely subjective opinion, their policy is bullshit. If you see something you don’t like happening, and it is urgent as hell, just stop the thing and open a ticket with the client. Anything other than this is not acceptable no matter how cheap the service is, or even free in this case. I definitely wouldn’t pay even a penny to a provider who thinks that they has the right to do that.

Thanked by (2)Abdullah Ouji
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@berkay said:
    I definitely wouldn’t pay even a penny to a provider who thinks that they has the right to do that.

That's right. Can't agree more!

Thanked by (1)berkay