Aquatis.host Minecraft Hosting - Review

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited June 2020 in Reviews

Just in case someone is looking for a cheap, yet performant Minecraft Hosting Solution.

Aquatis Minecraft Hosting: Click

So, the gf and I were looking for a small Minecraft server to play vanilla Minecraft (no mods) together. At first, I thought about setting up LGSM (like I'd usually do with gameservers) but since we wanted to go cheap, hassle-free setup&forget I was looking for Minecraft Hosting. Luckily, I remembered that I had used Aquatis in the past (for about 2 years) so I checked them out again.
Performance is still great and the Multicraftpanel is indeed useful. There's also a bunch of other useful features (see screenshots below), so I am quite happy for this "managed" Minecraft hosting now.
We are paying some 14$/year (yearly payment yields 20% discount) for the 1GB RAM plan and it's basically lag-free. Shouldn't have let the old plan expire, that one was 9,60$/year for the same plan but.. oh, well :D They are still dirt cheap for Minecraft hosting (most decent Minecraft Hosts start at 2$+/mo like Nitrado, Zap-Hosting, Gamed, Gameservers.eu, NGZ-Hosting, G-Portal...), so I won't complain.

It's worth noting that it's lag-free (at least we haven't noticed any lag) even though we picked the US location. US location (no idea with whom they are) is 1,5$/GB/mo and Germany location (Hetzner) 2,5$/GB/mo. There are discounts for 2GB RAM or higher plans though which brings it down to 1$/GB.

It is worth noting that although the US locations are running on only 2.x GHz CPUs performance is suprisingly well on a 1GB RAM instance with 2 concurrent players. A while back when I was with them we'd even play with 4ish ppl on that 1GB RAM (also US location). I'm sure their Hetzner locations performs even better.

Not sure if that's an error but one of their Texas Servers appears to be still running on HDD :P

At the end of the day if you rather want to make use of your idle VPS and throw smth like LGSM at it, go for it. If you just want to lean back and prefer a managed solution, however, odds are Aquatis won't be the worst pick.

Here are some screenshots of features and discounts. Enjoy! :)

Comments

• Thanks for the review. I'm surprised with how much Minecraft hosting costs have gone down over the years. Any idea how long they've been around?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker
    You are on a review spree! Keep posting

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Squats are the new Push-ups

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@Emmet said:
    Thanks for the review. I'm surprised with how much Minecraft hosting costs have gone down over the years. Any idea how long they've been around?

Well, they use E5's, you can sell Minecraft very cheap on that hardware unlike things like i9, Ryzen.

Thanked by (1)WSCallum

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Emmet said:
    Thanks for the review. I'm surprised with how much Minecraft hosting costs have gone down over the years. Any idea how long they've been around?

I am not sure to be honest. More than 3 years for sure. Their Discord community and support is also quite active :)

@vyas said:
    @Ympker
    You are on a review spree! Keep posting

But, of course! ? This wasn't a planned review tbh. Just felt like it in that moment because the gf and me had been enjoying the server so much.

@MikeA said:

@Emmet said:

Well, they use E5's, you can sell Minecraft very cheap on that hardware unlike things like i9, Ryzen.

It runs surprisingly well on these E5, I must say.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@Ympker said:

Yeah, it's fine for most people, just not servers with dozens of players.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited June 2020

@MikeA said:

@Ympker said:

Yeah, it's fine for most people, just not servers with dozens of players.

Well, it's good that there are still providers like them that keep old hw in place to be able to continue offering low prices to their clients rather than upgrading the whole ship and up prices inevitebly. Some clients only need so much performance. And they are happy to stay cheap, like me :D

I guess for bigger servers they'd recommend their Hetzner location.

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL