Cloudflare 403

verjinverjin OG
edited June 2020 in Help

I know 403 is completely a server issue and not from cloudflare but something strange is happening. Sites which are using Cloudflare and using cPanel are causing 403 error. Once I disabled and remove the NS of cloudflare the site doesn't give a single 403 error.

cPanel + Cloudflare enable > on multiple refresh sometime site loads without 403 error but mostly 403.
cPanel - Cloudflare disable > site work fine without any 403 error.

cPanel version is 88.06 (tested with these domain tlds .net, .co, .com)

I am unable to diagnose the cause, if someone having same issue please let me know how you resolved it?

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

Comments

• Try clearing the cache in CloudFlare and seeing if that resolves it. Might also help with activating developer’s mode to see changes faster.

• @Pwner said:
    Try clearing the cache in CloudFlare and seeing if that resolves it. Might also help with activating developer’s mode to see changes faster.

I already tried every possible cloudflare setting like
    1. Dev mode
    2. Cache clear
    3. SSL disabled
    4. Firewall IP whitelist

What works is, completely removing cloudflare.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Try setting Cloudflare to DNS only (graying any orange clouds in the Cloudflare DNS options. See if the problem persists.
    Cloudflare DNS setup explained.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:
    Try setting Cloudflare to DNS only (graying any orange clouds in the Cloudflare DNS options. See if the problem persists.
    Cloudflare DNS setup explained.

Yes, I already tried but it is same.

• verjinverjin OG
    edited June 2020

Updates to original post:
    I tried with Vanila cPanel (without cloudlinux, imunify360) and it is working fine.
    Looks like there is an issue with cPanel (CloudLinux, Imunify360) with new updates.
    I will update this discussion after resolving this problem.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

For now - all my websites work fine with cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Cloudflare (with caching enabled).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:
    For now - all my websites work fine with cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Cloudflare (with caching enabled).

It must be Imunify360 then.

• I was experiencing the same issues, then I disabled RailGun and now works fine. Are you using railgun?

• @kalepond said:
    I was experiencing the same issues, then I disabled RailGun and now works fine. Are you using railgun?

No railgun but I have Cloudflare install in cPanel (with wrong APIs) so I removed CF completely from WHM/cPanel and it start working again.