[VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid] "Lifetime Premium" offer

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited June 2020 in General

So far, the Keepsolid VPN Lifetime package on Stacksocial doesn't include their DNS Firewall (which so far only subscribers would get afaik). While this feature wasn't an essential buying point for me, when I last checked I could only get it via an additional sub of some $ per month, being on the Lifetime plan.

The website also reads:

The DNS Firewall feature is not available in a 7-day VPN Unlimited® subscription and in any VPN Unlimited® subscription that you get from our partners. In any of these cases, the Activate button will be blurred.

So, DNS Firewall is definitely not included by default with Lifetime subs from Stacksocial etc.

They now sent me an offer to upgrade to it for a one-time fee, including all future security features and updates:

Since I already know how smooth Windscribe DNS Firewall with custom rules works, I might get the upgrade, too. As of now, I am not sure whether I'll actually use it much though, so haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

If you haven't received the offer link: https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/to-premium

Thanked by (2)beagle sonic

Comments

• Their DNS firewall not worth that much imo. Keepsolid VPN + Adguard Premium is cheaper and better.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@sonic said:
    Their DNS firewall not worth that much imo. Keepsolid VPN + Adguard Premium is cheaper and better.

I also run Malwarebytes Premium which includes the malicious blocking already. Even Bitdefender free, or some other DNS (maybe even cloudflare) does that. Only see it useful for custom rules. But I don't really use them, so I decided to nor upgrade :)

Just wrote this as part of my VPNaddict duty :P

• Wireguard + Adguard ❤️

edited June 2020

@deepak_leb said:
    Wireguard + Adguard ❤️

The VPN Unlimited Wireguard integration/protocol has indeed be swift for me. AdGuard seems like a solid choice for taking security precautions :)

Thanked by (1)deepak_leb
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

How can you be sure a SaaS company that charges a one-time fee won't deadpool? If they do good budgeting ($1/yr for 50 years per customer released from escrow or something), they'd still have a ton of liquidity and be susceptible to leveraged buyouts and corporate raiders, but if they spend the money, they'd always need more customers.

edited June 2020

@lentro said:
    How can you be sure a SaaS company that charges a one-time fee won't deadpool? If they do good budgeting ($1/yr for 50 years per customer released from escrow or something), they'd still have a ton of liquidity and be susceptible to leveraged buyouts and corporate raiders, but if they spend the money, they'd always need more customers.

The simple answer is: I can't be sure. It's been serving me well since 2016. I did my reasearch on them when I first bought them and have been happy ever since. I've well gotten my money's worth by now (39, 99$ one-time fee). Many others on LE have also happily bought and used Keepsolid (check my LTD chart).

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • @Ympker as far as I understand, this is their R.O.B.E.R.T.. or am I missing something? This does not seem to be a standalone DNS like one would do with a Pi-Hole.

@sgheghele said:
    @Ympker as far as I understand, this is their R.O.B.E.R.T.. or am I missing something? This does not seem to be a standalone DNS like one would do with a Pi-Hole.

Yeah, I assume it'd be like ROBERT.

Thanked by (1)sgheghele
  • @Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:
    @Ympker as far as I understand, this is their R.O.B.E.R.T.. or am I missing something? This does not seem to be a standalone DNS like one would do with a Pi-Hole.

Does not look like a great deal to me, then. They claim that the price is also for existing premium users to "receive future VPN updates", but I would find it hard to spend more than the VPN itself (was like $35 or even less) just to integrate StevenBlack lists or something. They already offer streaming unlocking and torrenting, what else new would they ever add in the future?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited June 2020

Thanks for the heads-up, as always. I'm personally happy with KS Lifetime for the $15 I paid (many thanks to @vyas with input from you :) ), but in the spirit of low end, I'll use free options rather than this upgrade. I do quite like R.O.B.E.R.T. on my primary VPN though, it must be said.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

Does not look like a great deal to me, then. They claim that the price is also for existing premium users to "receive future VPN updates", but I would find it hard to spend more than the VPN itself (was like $35 or even less) just to integrate StevenBlack lists or something. They already offer streaming unlocking and torrenting, what else new would they ever add in the future?

Agree. If there are good new features in the future they will make another sale, I'm sure :)

• I think Ivacy had something like this in their LTD I bought, but I've never actually used it. I also don't use WS one simply because when my subscription runs out, I won't be compelled to pay one more year of their full price.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Ouji said:
    I think Ivacy had something like this in their LTD I bought, but I've never actually used it. I also don't use WS one simply because when my subscription runs out, I won't be compelled to pay one more year of their full price.

Ivacy has smth similar but it wasn't included in my package. FastestVPN (reselling Ivacy) has NAT Firewall included though and I didn't notice much benefit coming from it. Ofc, custom DNS rules can be beneficial. But in this case also not worth the 50$ for me :P

• @Ympker said: Ivacy has smth similar but it wasn't included in my package. FastestVPN (reselling Ivacy) has NAT Firewall included though and I didn't notice much benefit coming from it. Ofc, custom DNS rules can be beneficial. But in this case also not worth the 50$ for me :P

It was included in my package. I paid $24 for it.

Thanked by (1)Ympker