Routed License? Any Thoughts?

Got an advertisement on email (spam) about routed license. It offers cPanel, WHMCS, etc.
Seems the web is not finished yet.

Any thought on this? Is this even possible?
https://cheaplicense.shop/announcements/1/what-is-a-Routed-license.html

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

Comments

• edited June 2020

Huh? I have no clue why would that be necessary? Sounds sketchy as well.

Like they fetch the license for cpanel to your server trough their system. What?

Sounds more like they are pushing nulled cpanel etc.

EDIT: And now its showing this:

Welcome to WHMCS!

Before you can begin using WHMCS you need to perform the installation procedure. Click here to begin...

LOL. Nah, skip.

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• Spam ...... Avoid it

Dentistry is my passion

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

Dodgy as hell.

Thanked by (2)Dazzle MichaelCee

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @serv_ee said:
    Huh? I have no clue why would that be necessary? Sounds sketchy as well.

Like they fetch the license for cpanel to your server trough their system. What?

Sounds more like they are pushing nulled cpanel etc.

EDIT: And now its showing this:

Welcome to WHMCS!

Before you can begin using WHMCS you need to perform the installation procedure. Click here to begin...

LOL. Nah, skip.

Weird, I saw the date it is 2019 whet the article posted. Now gone.

The idea is questionable, but interesting.

"Is it possible to activate a license through a server and distribute the functionality to another server?"

I'm no expert at this, please enlighten me.

@Chievo said:
    Spam ...... Avoid it

Not gonna to buy it.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

Dodgy as hell.

You have any idea why would that even be beneficial? I can't figure out any.

• @serv_ee said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Dodgy as hell.

Imho, the chance to use only a license to bunch of servers.

@serv_ee said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Dodgy as hell.

Beneficial to who?

To them, because they get free money without any outlay because they are stealing other peoples licenses, to the people stupid enough to pay because they save 70% on license fees.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

it is similar to those websites selling cheap unlimited cpanel licences (I saw a post abot it on let). everything works & updates, but you cannot verify your license on cpanel as it's not genuine

@Abdullah said: everything works & updates

for now.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

Yes for now.

• Why cPanel is not talking legal actions against them? Or something like DMCA notice etc.

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

• Depending where they are from...one could care less.

@verjin said:
    Why cPanel is not talking legal actions against them? Or something like DMCA notice etc.

They probably are, these clowns only popped up a little while ago though and legal stuff takes time and you have to assume the people selling them are not exactly law-abiding citizens to begin with so it will take more than a "plz sthap" to take the site down.

• Seems legit. Would buy from them 10/10