microLXC Public Test

Hey,

If you are bored and wanna play around with a LXC container: https://microlxc.net/
Currently AU, JP, LA and CH are available, you can pick between 128 and 256MB packages.

As usual some requirements apply:

• Your account needs to be 6 months old
  • You need to have at least 50 Posts
  • You need to have at least 50 Likes

If you meet these, you can go on the website, and to verify that you are you, you need to post the token that will be given to you in this thread. The Bot will do the rest.

If stuff goes well, it will be publicly soon.
Please report bugs and suggestions.

PS: IPv6 is DHCP based in AU & CH but JP & LA needs Static config, which is automatically configured on Debian & Devuan but not on CentOS/Ubuntu needs to be done by hand yet. You can find your IPv6 in the Panel just substract -1 for the Gateway.

Comments

• @Neoon said: As usual some requirements apply:

Posts and likes "from the past" do not add in, do they?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@Neoon said: As usual some requirements apply:

Posts and likes "from the past" do not add in, do they?

From the old LES forum? nah.
    I have no data about that.

If you have Hostballs account, and meet the requirements you can do it there.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • What ever i do ,i get invalid os,then invalid location en then ivalid ssh keys??????

• Token f0d2-d971-a89d-945a

I liked the new site !

• @vyas said:
    Token f0d2-d971-a89d-945a

I liked the new site !

There was a bug in the regex, should work now.

@SuriCloud said:
    What ever i do ,i get invalid os,then invalid location en then ivalid ssh keys??????

What browser are you using? Please give me more information what is broken.

• @Neoon said:

@vyas said:

I liked the new site !

@SuriCloud said:
    What ever i do ,i get invalid os,then invalid location en then ivalid ssh keys??????

Microsoft edge browser

• edited June 2020

That's really generous offering 128/256GB of disk space... I would have expected closer to say, 1.28GB or 2.56GB... if you want to be cute about it. Not that I'm complaining though... :) Hopefully once my account has aged here enough I'll apply for one. Thank you for offering this up!

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @Neoon I’m new here.. but you know me on LET.. can I apply? ?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited June 2020

@CamoYoshi said:
    That's really generous offering 128/256GB of disk space... I would have expected closer to say, 1.28GB or 2.56GB... if you want to be cute about it. Not that I'm complaining though... :) Hopefully once my account has aged here enough I'll apply for one. Thank you for offering this up!

You may want to re read. The offer is still generous though

• @SuriCloud said:

@Neoon said:

@vyas said:

I liked the new site !

@SuriCloud said:

Microsoft edge browser

I had a issue with the default checkbox in Edge.
    So I replaced it with a custom one, works fine now.

If you get errors such as invalid means, you did not clicked on a package/location.
    If for some reason, your public key does not fit, please send me an example so I can update the regex.

@CamoYoshi said:

The font is really good for clickbait but you should be able to see the dot.
    I am thinking about updating the requirements at some point but no idea if its a good idea to bring them lower.

@NanoG6 said:
    @Neoon I’m new here.. but you know me on LET.. can I apply? ?

LET will be added at some point, the hole point is to test the system so sadly you have to wait.

• @Neoon said:

@CamoYoshi said:

The font is really good for clickbait but you should be able to see the dot.
    I am thinking about updating the requirements at some point but no idea if its a good idea to bring them lower.

Yeah I clicked through and it made a lot more sense. Curse me for running a older laptop without font smoothing, I guess. LOL.

• @Neoon
    Here's what it looks like for me. I know, it's ugly but this PC is super low end and needs all the performance help it can get.

• @Neoon Aaah okay, JP is oos anyway

• Sounds interesting... Especially with JP and CH this gets a tad more exotic.

• @CamoYoshi said:
    @Neoon
    Here's what it looks like for me. I know, it's ugly but this PC is super low end and needs all the performance help it can get.

I should change it to MB at some point.

@NanoG6 said:
    @Neoon Aaah okay, JP is oos anyway

Nah not really no.
    Most locations have 5 slots, which is far away from out of capacity.

So we come down to about 17 slots right now available for the tests.
    Depending on what people choose, if they go with 256MB, it may hit the memory limit faster and then its less.

@schnafi said:
    Sounds interesting... Especially with JP and CH this gets a tad more exotic.

The primary goal is, to go for exotic locations, that's why LXC.

• I need a time machine and a bot poster :anguished:

--I always need help..pff

• I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I don't have over 50 likes here, but I do have in the other LE forum.

• EdmondEdmond OG
    edited June 2020

You haven't added this to LET yet? There's a option to choose LET already?

Regardless, this looks lovely, I just don't qualify with my LES account here as I don't come here often. Glad you're doing this, I've been very happy with my NanoKVM! Since this is getting set up, will you be phasing out NanoKVM in the future or how is this going to work?

• @Neoon said:
    LET will be added at some point, the hole point is to test the system so sadly you have to wait.

Since this has been asked couple of times.

• edited June 2020

Tried getting one, get denied...
    But I think I meet the requirement

Edit: tried again and it worked!

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• The fun part is LET is disabled :lol:

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

• edited June 2020

Deployed one in Melbourne, yay!

Thanked by (2)Brendan bdl

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• I get invalid key error.
    Not sure why.

• Invalid key here as well

• @Edmond said:
    You haven't added this to LET yet? There's a option to choose LET already?

Regardless, this looks lovely, I just don't qualify with my LES account here as I don't come here often. Glad you're doing this, I've been very happy with my NanoKVM! Since this is getting set up, will you be phasing out NanoKVM in the future or how is this going to work?

No.

@verjin said:
    The fun part is LET is disabled :lol:

Yes.

@Iroshan464 said:
    I get invalid key error.
    Not sure why.

Send me an example, so I can update the regex.
    SADLY we have to do input validation these days, fucking hackerz.

Thanked by (1)Edmond
  • Wow, nanokvm and now this! Any plan to add more slot for test in Tokyo soon? I do not qualify with my les account but do with my baller account.

• bf0f-83b1-4941-1ddb OwO

• I used Vivaldi browser on Mac, no problems faced . In case it helps someone ...

Will test out the system tonight. Great to have a setup in Japan