The best and worst uptimers?

edited July 2020 in General

Who's the best on the market? Except NexusBytes, Hetzner, Clouvider, LiteServer, InseptionHosting?
How about OVH, Scaleway, Kimsufi? Are they good in terms of uptime?
Who's the worst then? Except DignusData?
Share your opinions or reviews please :) thank you!

Comments

• Ramnode gets my vote for good uptime.

Thanked by (3)Anon Nick_A wdmg
  • Kimsufi=SYS=OVH

Thanked by (1)Anon

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited July 2020

Virmach, letbox gets my vote for uptime.

Dignusdata is really iffy on that. But I don't see why production should be hosted there, so yeah.

Thanked by (2)Anon key900

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I have seen shared hosting businesses running on OVH, Hetzner, LeaseWeb, Psychz, Linode, Vultr, UpCloud, DigitalOcean, RamNode, BuyVM, and more offering >99.9% uptime.

Thanked by (2)Anon Nick_A
  • edited July 2020

@codedivine said:
    Ramnode gets my vote for good uptime.

+1
    @Nick_A just rocks. Have multi-year vm uptime with them. (yes, I don't patch updates)
    Edit: Network uptime as good as it gets. >99.99%

Thanked by (3)Anon Nick_A wdmg
  • Is Lunanode prem in terms of uptime?

@PHP_Backend said:

@codedivine said:
    Ramnode gets my vote for good uptime.

+1
    @Nick_A just rocks. Have multi-year vm uptime with them. (yes, I don't patch updates)

No canonical livepatches?

• Nearly 2 years using OpenVZ Inception Hosting.
    Has pretty good uptime

Thanked by (1)Anon
  • @Anon said: No canonical livepatches?

I don't feel the need to do that. and I blame my lack of technical knowledge for that. Maybe someday I'll get hacked and would learn my lesson.
    As my username suggest, you may guess how much legacy stuff I have to tangle around. kernel patches are the least of my worries. :p

• edited July 2020

@cybertech said:

Dignusdata is really iffy on that. But I don't see why production should be hosted there, so yeah.

You still have dingnusdata? ? Me too. Paid annual. Now it's slower than my old laptop. ?

@liteserver my old ovz6 VPS has 100% uptime since I set it up with a private tracker.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Iroshan464 said:

@cybertech said:

You still have dingnusdata? ? Me too. Paid annual. Now it's slower than my old laptop. ?

I was lucky to pay monthly. Don't have it anymore and it was getting slower by then.

Thanked by (1)Iroshan464

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Feel like anyone not using hetrix or another uptime service isn't getting accurate data. It's remarkable how many shared hosting services for example have 5-10 mins of downtime. Price isn't even always the factor. One of my best uptime shared hosting is the cheapest I've gotten actually while the more expensive established brands were the worse. Additionally dns is important to monitor also as namesilo had at least a few years ago when I was monitoring it one of the worse uptime on their nameservers. I've since moved away and stopped monitoring them so perhaps it's improved.

Thanked by (1)Anon
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I have honestly just gave up on uptime monitor services years ago, they all generate too many false positives.

Fale positives themselves are not terrible as long as there is data to go with them but in my experience there never is, not data worth having anyway.

Any monitor should have multiple sources of confirmation and an agreement system that something is down before sending an alert and that cannot just be ICMP based data.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• edited July 2020

I've been happy with OVH for many years as for Scaleway, I personally wouldn't use them for production even though I didn't have any issues except one or two small downtimes a couple of years ago when I was using online.net services.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Without automated tools I wouldn't dare say.

Both my past complaints about server down was met with "we emailed you twice - 2 weeks in advance about planned maintenance"...oops my bad.

• @codedivine said: Ramnode gets my vote for good uptime.

@PHP_Backend said: +1

:)

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• Any reliable provider maintains 99.99%+ of uptime when calculated yearly, except in very catastrophic situations such as natural hazards, political instability or similar force majeure situations.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited July 2020

@Nyr said:
    Any reliable provider maintains 99.99%+ of uptime when calculated yearly, except in very catastrophic situations such as natural hazards, political instability or similar force majeure situations.

Linode might be an option. I've received multiple emails about maintenance and never had any downtime in Dallas, when there are node problems they live migrate to other hardware.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I have honestly just gave up on uptime monitor services years ago, they all generate too many false positives.

Fale positives themselves are not terrible as long as there is data to go with them but in my experience there never is, not data worth having anyway.

Any monitor should have multiple sources of confirmation and an agreement system that something is down before sending an alert and that cannot just be ICMP based data.

Can't say I've had a similar experience. Hetrix for example has 4 free locations and you can set a threshold of 3 before it triggers along with 5× mins of downtime. That basically resolves the vast majority of false positives.

Thanked by (1)Andrei
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@sureiam said: downtime

What does it consider downtime, TCP based?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• hostsolutions.ro is atrocious

• @corbpie said:
    hostsolutions.ro is atrocious

But their products are still popular.

• Hosthatch, Alphavps.bg <3, very good uptime ?

• @AnthonySmith said:

@sureiam said: downtime

What does it consider downtime, TCP based?

Depends but generally yes for example a tcp port check but you can also do a push via a client

• I’ve been monitoring my NexusBytes server since February. Here’s the high-level results:

@seriesn runs a dang good service with spectacular uptime for the price that you pay. Just wanted to offer a data point.

Thanked by (1)seriesn

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited July 2020

@ouvoun said:
    I’ve been monitoring my NexusBytes server since February. Here’s the high-level results:

@seriesn runs a dang good service with spectacular uptime for the price that you pay. Just wanted to offer a data point.

Pretty. Thanks for the shout out famz <3. We should also have less maintenance windows as things matures more :)

• @seriesn said:

@ouvoun said:
    I’ve been monitoring my NexusBytes server since February. Here’s the high-level results:

Pretty. Thanks for the shout out famz <3. We should also have less maintenance windows as things matures more :)

FWIW I’ve had no problems with the maintenance as they’ve been clearly communicated well ahead of time.

That uptime in my screenshot is likely lower than it should be, but unfortunately I didn’t properly add the planned maintenance window to my monitor, so it’s not reflecting that. I can’t recall any instance of unplanned downtime during my entire service with you. :)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• for me Ramnode vps and shared hosting both have 100% uptime, then comes BuyVM/Buyshared. My buyshared instance is up for last 24 days.

Thanked by (1)Nick_A
  • AndreiAndrei Services Provider

Shared Hosting:
    - MyW.pt (@MikePT) - 99.9908% Uptime - quite impressive.
    - RamNode - 99.9799% Uptime - used to have a shared hosting package with them, but gave it up a while ago, I guess the uptime monitor kept going on the default cpanel page, pretty good uptime.
    - BigScoots - 99.9657% Uptime - have an account with them since forever; they're not the cheapest ($25/mo) but they usually have a good track record, that is until last week when they've had a big downtime.

VPS/Dedicated - too many to list, but since you've mentioned Scaleway and OVH:
    - Scaleway - 99.9860% Uptime - not the best of uptime, but overall I'm ok with their service.
    - OVH - has good uptime, with very few exceptions such as the one last week where their whole BHS location was having issues.

Thanked by (4)flips Naix MikePT Anon
  • @corbpie said:
    hostsolutions.ro is atrocious

hostsolutions.ro was not for you , any way thanks for feed back.

Thanked by (1)foxone
  • MikePTMikePT Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Andrei said:
    Shared Hosting:
    - MyW.pt (@MikePT) - 99.9908% Uptime - quite impressive.
    - RamNode - 99.9799% Uptime - used to have a shared hosting package with them, but gave it up a while ago, I guess the uptime monitor kept going on the default cpanel page, pretty good uptime.
    - BigScoots - 99.9657% Uptime - have an account with them since forever; they're not the cheapest ($25/mo) but they usually have a good track record, that is until last week when they've had a big downtime.

VPS/Dedicated - too many to list, but since you've mentioned Scaleway and OVH:
    - Scaleway - 99.9860% Uptime - not the best of uptime, but overall I'm ok with their service.
    - OVH - has good uptime, with very few exceptions such as the one last week where their whole BHS location was having issues.

Woooo, nice stats, thank you!
    We celebrate our first year tomorrow, the DE server is going to be migrated for a Ryzen so I assume those stats will be affected. We'll see.
    Migration will be schedule to next Sunday, an announcement will be sent tomorrow. ??