High load average so where to start to trouble shoot

2»

Comments

• edited July 2020

Looks like he wants to apt-get install speed.

For a general advice, run mysqltuner.pl (requires perl runtime) and Google what the recommendations mean.

Tuning mysql buffers should be enough for most read only queries. (i.e dedicating it ram that would normally be eaten by disk page cache)

Edit: looks like I replied to a stale version of this thread. What Ant said

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@lofan said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Then if you don’t want to hire someone to optimise your site you should just get more ram, restrictions will only slow it down further.

I am learning that is why I am here or I would not waste my time on forums and just hire some body and enjoy my summer and buying more rams , giving up cpanel all these are not the purpose of me finding this forum and asking questions . I am learning , Can't go to an institute and spend hours in classrooms or go buy a book but I have already learned a lot by asking.
    To make a VPS use less ram there are a lot of tricks I can see searching in google and I will implement them. Thanks for your suggestion any way. I understand your point.

Even if the issue is already resolved (for now), it might help to see the output of these 3 commands:

iostat 1 10

for x in `seq 1 1 20`; do ps -eo state,pid,cmd | grep "^D"; echo "-";  sleep 3; done

top -bn 1 | head -15