CPU cores  : 6 @ 3792.872 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 9.4G
    Swap       : 5.0G
    Disk       : 196G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 314.18 MB/s  (78.5k) | 3.00 GB/s    (46.8k)
    Write      | 315.01 MB/s  (78.7k) | 3.01 GB/s    (47.1k)
    Total      | 629.20 MB/s (157.3k) | 6.01 GB/s    (94.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.37 GB/s     (4.6k) | 1.44 GB/s     (1.4k)
    Write      | 2.50 GB/s     (4.8k) | 1.53 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Total      | 4.88 GB/s     (9.5k) | 2.97 GB/s     (2.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |       
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.46 Gbits/sec  | 1.26 Gbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.48 Gbits/sec  | 1.26 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.19 Gbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 671 Mbits/sec   | 1.15 Gbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 336 Mbits/sec   | 489 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 779 Mbits/sec   | 792 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.63 Gbits/sec  | 2.39 Gbits/sec
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Airstream Communications (Attempt #1 of 10).Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Airstream Communications (Attempt #2 of 10).Performing IPv4 iperf3 recv test from Airstream Communications (Attempt #1 of 10Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 2.91 Gbits/sec  | 2.71 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 8.34 Gbits/sec  | 9.27 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1180
    Multi Core      | 5200
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2822304

Thanked by (1)Unixfy
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited July 2020

I just had a google report in, the forum has had 97 clicks via google from people searching for "hotlineservers" and this post was the most popular clickthrough :)

Thanked by (2)Unixfy Ouji

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @ouvoun said: Hmm with 50% off that’s a...pretty insane deal. Reminds me of the HostD*C deals back in the day, which makes me question the sustainability of Hotline. With that said, I’m always down for some spicy Ryzen servers so I’ll be keeping one eye open.

Hotlineservers mentioned in the promo thread that they are profitable at these prices. They said they are paying $150/month for a 256GB RAM server so they would only need to charge around $4.60/month for an 8GB plan to break-even, and that's not including overselling on RAM. I think they're here to stay :)

@AnthonySmith said: I just had a google report in, the forum has had 97 clicks via google from people searching for "hotlineservers" and this post was the most popular clickthrough

Awesome! I've noticed the posts have been driving a lot of traffic to my blog and homepage too :P

• @Unixfy said:

@ouvoun said: Hmm with 50% off that’s a...pretty insane deal. Reminds me of the HostD*C deals back in the day, which makes me question the sustainability of Hotline. With that said, I’m always down for some spicy Ryzen servers so I’ll be keeping one eye open.

Hotlineservers mentioned in the promo thread that they are profitable at these prices. They said they are paying $150/month for a 256GB RAM server so they would only need to charge around $4.60/month for an 8GB plan to break-even, and that's not including overselling on RAM. I think they're here to stay :)

I must’ve missed that, thanks for the heads up!

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2020

Hm
    But that is simple break even
    Does not include salary, taxes, insurance, advertising and marketing expenses if any, etc. And a net margin. one can build in discount marketing expense.
    Their EBIDTA (earnings bedore interest, depriciation, taxes and amortization) numbers might tell a different story. Of course for rented servers depreciation and amortization may not apply.
    I wish them well in any case.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• OujiOuji OG
    edited July 2020

While this is true, it should be noted that he probably didn't sell the whole server allocation for 50%-55% discount, so if he sold some at the discounted prices and filled the rest with the normal pricing (another assumption, that's the only thing we can make here currently), he should have profit margin good enough to pay for all the costs.

The fact that the offer was not annually at least gives us a peace of mind that you'd only need to dispute $5 or $10 in Paypal if it came to that. And as I said in their promo thread, everyone should be keeping backups whether the host is reliable or they think will deadpool in a couple months.

• @Ouji said: While this is true, it should be noted that he probably didn't sell the whole server allocation for 50%-55% discount,

Even if he did sell the entire server with 8GB @ $6.53 plans, his margins would still be around 50%. And again, that's not counting any overselling - which is probably occurring.

• @Unixfy said: Even if he did sell the entire server with 8GB @ $6.53 plans, his margins would still be around 50%. And again, that's not counting any overselling - which is probably occurring.

He can't oversell on CPU cores as far as I'm concerned tho, as he advertises them as dedicated. Not sure if all packages have them like that.

• @Unixfy said:

@Ouji said: While this is true, it should be noted that he probably didn't sell the whole server allocation for 50%-55% discount,

Even if he did sell the entire server with 8GB @ $6.53 plans, his margins would still be around 50%. And again, that's not counting any overselling - which is probably occurring.

The 8gb plans were and are very limited. My guess is is mostly the 2gb and 4gb plans which makes more sense. Additionally it gains traction on the business and gives him more leverage with reliable sites for volume discounting of the dedicated servers. It's frankly a smart way to get rocking.

Thanked by (1)Ouji
  • @sureiam said: The 8gb plans were and are very limited.

That's my guess as well.