Bugs/reports

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@mikho said:
    request: group membership besides the username
    Makes it easier to see who are Providers without visiting their profile

oh yeah, wonder why thats not standard, will do some research to see how to do that.

Thanked by (1)dnom

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

@mikho said:

hows that?

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@AnthonySmith said:

@mikho said:

hows that?

good enough ;)

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• The different (darker) shading/background for read items on LET might be a good idea? (Works well with my eyes.) :)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Found a bug. @teamacc doesn't have mod privileges.

Oh and no padding in the "Thanked" row on the right of profile pages. "Thanked6"

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

@SmallWeb said:

Oh and no padding in the "Thanked" row on the right of profile pages. "Thanked6"

Fixed the padding.
    I will put out a general call for mods when required, with a small community though, I can manage for now :)

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• @SmallWeb said:

Don't really need another time drain in my life right now. Am fine with lurking.
    Feel free to promote me, but dont expect anything of it. Would only use it to fish out the fishy providers, and as far as I can tell, they havent jumped from lowendbox yet. (although @lebfeed on LET can be considered a jump I suppose).

The above is not meant in any way shape or form to force any action. I'd be more than happy to remain a normal user for the next 5 or so years. We can re-negotiate after that.

Thanked by (3)MichaelCee mikho ITLabs

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

@teamacc I think I will be doing things a bit more efficient than just a general mod role (if this place lives long enough for it to matter).
    Back in the 'good ole days' forums had mod roles and it worked really well, I wont get in to the deep ins and outs but for example you would be assigned a scam hunter role, someone else may have a new member approval role, someone else a new host role etc etc, general mods are then few and far between and just general community managers, each role having its own 'weight' and rights, I find that works better or you end up with 10 mods with no specific purpose or direction and generally that means you have 2 actual mods and 5 people that just read members PM's and 3 that never log in.

Thanked by (3)mikho poisson schnafi

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @teamacc I think I will be doing things a bit more efficient than just a general mod role (if this place lives long enough for it to matter).
    Back in the 'good ole days' forums had mod roles and it worked really well, I wont get in to the deep ins and outs but for example you would be assigned a scam hunter role, someone else may have a new member approval role, someone else a new host role etc etc, general mods are then few and far between and just general community managers, each role having its own 'weight' and rights, I find that works better or you end up with 10 mods with no specific purpose or direction and generally that means you have 2 actual mods and 5 people that just read members PM's and 3 that never log in.

Hear hear, this guy knows his shit.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• somiksomik OG
    edited November 2019

Check your JS, dashboard.min.js, line 98.

Could not find component subcommunity-chooser.     dashboard.min.js?h=3.3:98
    c @ dashboard.min.js?h=3.3:98

That is in the footer BTW, left side. Something you added recently I guess?

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• Urgent: missing "Potassium" tag

Thanked by (2)poisson MichaelCee

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @Ympker said:
    I can't really post an image based on an url using mobile. There seems to not exist an "upload/submit" button.

Had a quick look, it looks like the close / submit buttons are missing in the Flyout component of the Keystone theme alltogether. The reason behind this seems to be that the dialog should automagically close as soon as you paste a link in there. Unfortunately this doesn't work on Chrome for Android.

• @Solaire said:

@Ympker said:
    I can't really post an image based on an url using mobile. There seems to not exist an "upload/submit" button.

Had a quick look, it looks like the close / submit buttons are missing in the Flyout component of the Keystone theme alltogether. The reason behind this seems to be that the dialog should automagically close as soon as you paste a link in there. Unfortunately this doesn't work on Chrome for Android.

Why not use the theme LET is using? I saw someone on the forum offering to give the original theme to @AnthonySmith

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited November 2019

@somik said:

@Solaire said:

@Ympker said:

Why not use the theme LET is using? I saw someone on the forum offering to give the original theme to @AnthonySmith

To my opinion that'd be a shameless ripoff. To add on that, this theme looks a lot more modern than the one from LET. I'd rather fix a few bugs than copy/paste the layout from LET and that is assuming it would even work since LET is on a very old version of Vanilla and a lot has changed since then, rendering plugins and themes unusable.

• @Solaire said:

@somik said:

@Solaire said:

@Ympker said:

To my opinion that'd be a shameless ripoff. To add on that, this theme looks a lot more modern than the one from LET. I'd rather fix a few bugs than copy/paste the layout from LET and that is assuming it would even work since LET is on a very old version of Vanilla and a lot has changed since then, rendering plugins and themes unusable.

I agree. Vanilla has come a long way and we should be working with updated stuff that is likely to function better. Also, I like this modern and clean feel a whole lot more.

Thanked by (2)Solaire cybertech

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Request: New logo & favicon
    Suggestion: Run a small contest?

Thanked by (2)Chronic MichaelCee

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Was of the idea that new forum should be using some fancy platform

Did not know vanilla is so modern yet light enough

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Not sure if has been mentioned but could the "new" flags on posts be brighter/bolder/etc? Maybe even make the text colour as the background and font colour white? Like on LET they're bright yellow. Doesn't need to be that extreme just something that's a bit more obvious when you glance down the list of topics?

• somiksomik OG
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@Solaire said:

@somik said:

@Solaire said:

@Ympker said:

I agree. Vanilla has come a long way and we should be working with updated stuff that is likely to function better. Also, I like this modern and clean feel a whole lot more.

I dont know much about vanilla, but from what I can see, the script and theme still has a long way to go.

Did anyone try to edit their post after posting (without reloading)? The text area is HUGE! Happens on mobile BTW.

• @somik said:

@poisson said:

@Solaire said:

@somik said:

@Solaire said:

@Ympker said:

I dont know much about vanilla, but from what I can see, the script and theme still has a long way to go.

I think we all agree there. Please refer to Anthony's post he created yesterday: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/194#Comment_194

If the community is viable, I'm sure we'll get it all sorted.

• spliticesplitice Hosting ProviderOG

Rules feedback

1. An other category for offers would be nice.

Forum feedback

Pretty minor stuff

1. If the user is not granted PM access a link explaining that would be nice. Took me a while to grasp why I couldn't PM (email verification).
    2. Love the style in general, however I feel some elements could do with a bit of UI optimization & wasted space reduction. For example the quick post: https://drive.google.com/a/x4b.net/uc?id=1sb7Qozush3MNqVInFe2GIxYY6-_zsGYw
    3. The sidebar might be better with categories at the top, and the Activity/Recent links relegated to the top.

X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the Europe, Asia, North and South America.
    Latest Offer: Brazil Launch 2020 Offer

• It's not really a bug per se (you could say it's a feature) but the theme scales back to mobile view when using my iPad in portrait mode. That's not a good fit for a screen that size. Furthermore navigation in this mobile view is a bit cumbersome. Breaks nothing, so I don't expect any fixes soon. Just for the backlog.

@somik said:
    Check your JS, dashboard.min.js, line 98.

Could not find component subcommunity-chooser.     dashboard.min.js?h=3.3:98
    c @ dashboard.min.js?h=3.3:98

That is in the footer BTW, left side. Something you added recently I guess?

I have had a look, added to the long term fix list, the sub community is a new feature of vanilla and it looks like they have put references in regardless of you having it enabled or not which is the problem so I will consider that a longer term bug or will likely be fixed in future minor vanilla release.

@somik said:

@Solaire said:

@Ympker said:

Because LET uses an old version of vanilla that has gaping security holes patched up by their annoying cloudflare WAF config, they basically still use Windows 2000 :)

Thanked by (1)uptime

@BlaZe said:

:o how rude, whats wrong with the favicon!

Ok logo I get. :)

Thanked by (1)Chronic

@Mr_Tom said:
    Not sure if has been mentioned but could the "new" flags on posts be brighter/bolder/etc? Maybe even make the text colour as the background and font colour white? Like on LET they're bright yellow. Doesn't need to be that extreme just something that's a bit more obvious when you glance down the list of topics?

Ok will take a look in to that.

edited November 2019

@splitice said:
    Rules feedback

1. An other category for offers would be nice.

Forum feedback

Pretty minor stuff

1. If the user is not granted PM access a link explaining that would be nice. Took me a while to grasp why I couldn't PM (email verification).
    2. Love the style in general, however I feel some elements could do with a bit of UI optimization & wasted space reduction. For example the quick post: https://drive.google.com/a/x4b.net/uc?id=1sb7Qozush3MNqVInFe2GIxYY6-_zsGYw
    3. The sidebar might be better with categories at the top, and the Activity/Recent links relegated to the top.
    1. lets see if we get any offers at all posted first, if they need to be separated out I will, someone already mentioned domains, they will need their own category, that is not avoidable.
    2. I had no idea, so if you dont confirm your email address you cant PM?
    3. Agreed.
    4. Agreed.

If the community survives and is viable proceeds from advertising will be spent on a dev to really make the community platform fit for its purpose.

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

@BlaZe said:

:(

What about a small contest for logo/favicon?

EDIT: I can make a logo & favicon if the community wants.

Thanked by (2)Chronic uptime

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

@BlaZe said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@BlaZe said:

:(

What about a small contest for logo/favicon?

Ah ok, clean your cache :)

I will do the theme version update actually to force everyone's cache to update as many will be missing out on fixes and theme updates.

This discussion has been closed.