Need a VPS in UK that works with streaming services

edited July 2020 in Requests

Hey all, sorry for the cross posting, but its time for me to start using this forum more often :-)
I need a VPS in the UK that works with all streaming services (Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon prime video, etc).
The requirements are:
KVM/XEN/etc - anything that will allow me to load a kernel module
1CPU
1GB Ram
10-15GB storage
5TB Bandwidth over 1gbps (or 500Mbps minimum).

Budget is open. Please PM me your offers if you can provide that. Obviously avoid putting it in here, as it will likely get blacklisted quickly if posted on a public forum.

Thank you much,
and happy Sunday!

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

to be honest, no one can promise how long that will last, they are all cracking down on it so honestly, you probably need a VPN nor a VPS.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

And to that end NordVPN and ExpressVPN has servers on our network.

Thanked by (1)NobodyInteresting
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    to be honest, no one can promise how long that will last, they are all cracking down on it so honestly, you probably need a VPN nor a VPS.

I was gonna say this as well.

Pick a good VPN or a Smart dns service. Why are you aiming for a VPS?

• @debaser said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Can you explain me how a dns can help in unblocking Netflix.Sorry i don't know how this kind of stuff works

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @codelock said:

@debaser said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Can you explain me how a dns can help in unblocking Netflix.Sorry i don't know how this kind of stuff works

@Ympker explained this here: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/26637/#Comment_26637

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited July 2020

@AnthonySmith said:

Yeah, that I know. However I do need a VPS :-) And I do know they exist, as my previous provider worked flawlessly.

@Clouvider said:
    And to that end NordVPN and ExpressVPN has servers on our network.

And so do I :-) Love me my Clouvider servers!

@debaser said:

@AnthonySmith said:

As it will be used on a VPN service. It will be strictly for streaming, and absolutely no other activities. My previous host seems to have went out of business or something, so I need to replace my UK streaming servers.

Thanked by (1)Clouvider
  • Didn't feel like starting a new thread with the same requirements is necessary, so just gonna bump this one. Still looking for a VPS that works with iPlayer.

Thank you!

• Keepsolid works for all the above, even has wireguard support. Can be had for less than 20 bucks for a lifetime subscription and totally worth it. I haven't found any UK or US service blocked yet...

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• ApeWebApeWeb Hosting Provider

As far as I am aware iplayer blocks based on ip not network. I have had ovh vps work fine with iplayer.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

You'll need a VPN with residential proxy support